Now in the UN

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Now in the UN

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I'm posting an E-mail I received recently (not caught by the spam filter....)
United Nations wrote:UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT-(UNCSD) 2016.
24th - 27th MAY, 2016
@
International Exhibition & Convention Centre (IECC)-London, United Kingdom.

Dear Invitee, Nonprofit/NGO Colleague,

On behalf of the organizing and scientific working committee, the United Nations Department for Sustainable Development invites you to a Four-day summit of Economists, Educationists, Administrators, Manufacturers, Researchers, Activist & Non-Governmental Organizations, Religious Leaders, Community Organizations, individuals from the Public and Private Sector from 24th - 27th May, 2016 in London (UK) to establish an inclusive and transparent intergovernmental process on SDGs that is open to all stakeholders with a view to developing global sustainable development goals. Aimed at reconciling the economic and environmental goals of the global community, and initiate a needed dialogue on the transformation of the international financial architecture, taking into account different national realities, capacities and levels of development and respecting national policies and priorities.

The decision to hold the conference was made by UN General Assembly Resolution 64/236 (A/RES/64/236) on December 2009. It was intended to be a high-level conference, including heads of state and government or other representatives and resulting in a focused political document designed to shape global environmental policy.

Date: 24th - 27th May, 2016.
Venue: International Exhibition & Convention Centre (IECC)-London, United Kingdom.
Conference Theme: Impact and implications of the global financial and economic crisis on sustainable development & climate change proposals for an integrated global response to the crisis.

Registration is "free" and strictly for invited individuals and organizations only. As an invitee, you have received a registration code UNCSD/LND/09037/UK/2016 with the invitation letter, which grants you access to the registration form. The United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development will sponsor free travel costs and all-round flight ticket for all participant. Invited participants will only be responsible for their hotel accommodation and feeding cost at the Royal Queens Hotel. The International Exhibition & Convention Centre (IECC)-London, United Kingdom is the venue of this summit while the Royal Queens Hotel has been officially designated to accommodate all participant for this unique and prestigious global financial and economic crisis conference.

Participants will enjoy shows, attractions, activities, and tours available in host city. Entry visa authorization letter will be given to all confirmed participants who require a visa into United Kingdom through the Visa4UK office.

For further details about registration form, visa, flight ticket and other details, write an acceptance letter to be part of this event and send directly to the UNCSD Secretariat via e-mail: secretariat@UNCSDINT.ORG

For more information call +44(0)750-97-57694.

Register Now!
I suppose I might have considered it legitimate if the header didn't include
To: Me <invitation@unic.un.org>
I have no idea what the payload might be....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Now in the UN

Post by notorial dissent »

That's definitely a new take on an old scam.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Now in the UN

Post by Unidyne »

I like how the word "free" is used in quotation marks.

Did a check on that phone number and found this:

http://www.uia.org/content/8860
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.