Nigerians Running "Mule Scam"

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Nigerians Running "Mule Scam"

Post by The Observer »

Not sure if Nigerians were inspired by Clint Eastwood's movie "The Mule", but they have definitely tweaked the e-mail scam of the past by luring people, particularly senior citizens, into becoming unwitting drug couriers. AP News is reporting on the one case of a US citizen sitting in a Spanish jail after it came to light that the jackets he had been hired to take to Asia to give as "gifts to UN officials" actually had over 5 lbs of cocaine sewn into the jackets. The senior has suffered from brain damage and was vulnerable to being influenced because he has poor judgment issues.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Nigerians Running "Mule Scam"

Post by JamesVincent »

If that is the case then that is absolutely disgusting. One of the biggest issues we have in this country is elder abuse. They are routinely scammed and it just seems to be treated as a oh well kinda thing. Abuse and neglect by family and nursing homes is an hourly thing in this world, not just country. Wasn't too long ago a nursing assistant used a dementia patients credit cards and got caught. And it's a regular occurrence.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"