Out of the blue

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
cdj1122

Out of the blue

Post by cdj1122 »

comes this request.
I have no idea who or what brought it on.
--- On Mon, 3/1/10, James Waters <watersjames@msn.com> wrote:

Subject: Hi
To:
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 5:31 AM

Hello,

How are you doing? I am so sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to UK to visit my ill cousin. I am presently in London with my ill cousin, whom is a student here. she was diagnosed with a kidney cancer.

xray scan states that her condition is deteriorating because the cancer has done a lot of damages to her abdominal area, and an emergency surgery must be carried-out to save her life. I am deeply sorry for not writing or calling you before leaving,I took first flight to London, the news of her illness arrived to me as an emergency and that she needs family support to keep her going. I had little time to prepare or even to inform people about my trip, I hope you understand my plight and pardon me.

I will like you to plz assist me with a soft loan, of £2000urgently to sort-out my Cousin's bills, the hospital management is demanding for a deposit of £4000 before they will implement the surgery, i travel with little money because I never expected things to be the way it is right now. What scares me the most is that she is going through a lot of pain at the moment and the doctors have advice that, it is necessary that the tumor is operated soon to avoid anything from going wrong.

I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, since i don't know your financial status at the moment. I'll pay back as soon as i return.
I'll be pleased to hear from you soon regarding my
request,

Best Regards
James Waters
What forum does this belong in ?
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Out of the blue

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Nigeria, I think. Just because the country is different, the scam remains the same.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
sbode10

Post by sbode10 »

In response to the scam posted recently:
How are you doing? I am so sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to UK to visit my ill cousin. I am presently in London with my ill cousin, whom is a student here. she was diagnosed with a kidney cancer.
London must have a nicer climate than Nigeria. A friend recently discovered someone had sent out a similar request to everyone in her address book.

Sharon
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This seems to be the scam du jour, I've had several people in my office alone who have gotten these, so it is very popular at the moment, and definitely a new tack, usually entails getting in to someone's address book and then sending emails out under that name to people in the book.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
cdj1122

Post by cdj1122 »

And here we are today with something really new. At least a new language.
I don't think we need a translator to understand what it says.
Enjoy !!!

" .... Caro Amato

Sono Mrs.Bianca Denis dalla Repubblica del Sudan. Sono sposato con ritardo Mr.Denis Minkah dalla Costa d'Avorio. era il ragioniere esecutivo con le risorse del ministero Costa d'Avorio e l'energia. E durante il periodo del nostro matrimonio, abbiamo un solo figlio Andrew.Though questo messaggio potrebbe venire a voi come inaspettata conseguenza, non abbiamo incontrava prima e l'unico mezzo di comunicazione è via internet e vi sono stati contattati a causa della mia condizione di qui in ospedale in Costa d'Avorio.

Mi è stato detto dal medico che mi è stato avvelenato e ha avuto il mio fegato danneggiato e può vivere solo per alcuni mesi. Quando mio marito è stato lasciato vivo, mi ha detto che ha depositato la somma di US $ 4.5 milioni di dollari in una banca qui a Abidjan, Costa d'Ivoere. Quale è stato depositato presso l'account di suspence in una banca locale qui a Abidjan,. E non posso pensare a qualcuno cercando di uccidermi a parte il mio socio in affari in ritardo marito, al fine di ereditare il denaro, a causa di mio figlio Andrea è troppo giovane.

I emetterà il documento fondamentale che si rivelerà a voi il beneficiario attuale del fondo presso la Banca. Mi auguro che non sarà migliorato il mio unico figlio se i chang il documento a nome vostro e vi renda il beneficiario presenti. Dopo tutto, il trasferimento di mio figlio si trasferiscono al vostro paese, per favore io ho bisogno da voi è quello di prendere il mio unico figlio Andrew, come tuo figlio, dargli una buona istruzione. anche se io sono tutto. questa mail è molto urgente.

io ho bisogno ora è per voi gli investitori il Fondo per la mia son.If solo tu puoi essere di aiuto a noi, saremo lieti di offrirvi il 20% del totale del Fondo

Così, quando mai ho sentito da voi che riguardano la mia request.I invierà a tutti i documenti necessari relativi tale deposito con il contatto della banca in modo che si metterà in contatto con la banca per il trasferimento del denaro sul tuo conto .. grazie e Dio vi benedica come avete tirar fuori la vostra mente per aiutare me e il mio unico figlio Andrew fuori da questa situazione.

Dio onnipotente benedica voi e la vostra famiglia
Mrs Bianca Denis
...."

I was especially brought to tears by the part where the pot of pasta fazul crashed into the tree.