Looking for Representative

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
Green Lantern

Looking for Representative

Post by Green Lantern »

This type of letter is coming out in various iterations from many countries. It seems they will ask you for start-up costs, to establish a bank account and other actions that will inevitably swindle you out of some dollars. An example:
GLOBAL IMPORTS AND EXPORTS LIMITED.
High Holborn Road,
Codnor Gate Business Park ,
United Kingdom.

COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE REQUIRED
I am Mr. Maskery Richards Patricks, the president of Global Imports and
Exports Company Limited .

We export raw materials and chemicals to different parts of the world.

We are searching for representatives who can help us establish a medium of getting to our customers in the Canada/America and other nearby countries as well as making payments through you to us. You do not have to leave your present job for this one because this job offer will be on a part time basis as it comes once in a while and remuneration is on a
percentage basis of 10% of the total amount you receive from my customers at any time on my behalf.

The reason i seek your assistance is that American and Canadian checks take a long time to clear here in United Kingdom, thereby holding business down for me and my associates. Now, I already have customers who are
ready to remit cash to me.

Please to facilitate the conclusion of this transaction if accepted, do send me promptly the following information.
Below by email:
global_im_ex_limited@yahoo.co.uk

(1)Your full names:
(2) Contact address:
(3) Telephone /cell numbers:
(4) Occupation:
(5) Age:
(6)Sex:
(7)Marital Status
(8) Country:

Regards,

Mr. Maskery Richards ,

President,GLOBAL IMPORTS AND EXPORTS COMPANY LIMITED
Monty Cantsin

Re: Looking for Representative

Post by Monty Cantsin »

Green Lantern wrote:It seems they will ask you for start-up costs, to establish a bank account and other actions that will inevitably swindle you out of some dollars.
Nope, standard fake cheques/money mule scam. They will send you a bunch of fake cheques or postal orders and ask you to cash them and then transfer the amount minus your "commission" to a 3rd party via Western Union. By the time the cheque bounces (and it'll always bounce sooner or later), the scammer has long received the money via Western Union & made off with it while the "representative" will be hit by his/her bank for the full amount of the bounced cheque and may, in some cases, even get into trouble with the law for passing fraudulent cheques.