Another 419 from Azusa, Calif.

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Another 419 from Azusa, Calif.

Post by fortinbras »

This was sent to me with a reply address of TPetersen[at]apu.edu. APU.edu turns out to be Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, California:
Hello,

I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted Christian married to Late Engr. Sir Keith Abery {PhD} who worked with a Multinational oil company as a drilling rig supplier in Saudi Arabia for 19 years before he died. We were married for twenty four years without a child. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody who I would make next of kin to our funds in Canada to help me finish the charity work we tried starting as my doctors told me that I would not live longer than the next eight months due to cancer problem. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit our estate.
I don't think I will need any telephone communication at the moment because of my health as this mail was sent by my PA (Teresa Petersen) so please reply to my email address: m.abery[at]rogers.com for more details.

Remain Blessed
Mrs. Mary Abery
I assume "PA" means "personal assistant". "Rogers.com" is Rogers Communications, a Canadian internet/cable service.