different 419 variation

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

different 419 variation

Post by notorial dissent »

Fro your delectation, something new I just received in my spam box. Copied as received.

Dear Customer,
We are forfaiters in an International Bank here in United States. Forfaiting is the discounting of international trade receivables such as Promissory Notes, Bills of Exchange and bank guarantees on a without recourse basis, in exchange for cash. We buy World Prime Bank Guarantees at a discount and sell at a premium.
By reselling several times, we are able to produce exceptional returns on investment. For instance, we sell $10 million worth of bank guarantees at a two percent profit on 10 separate tranches, we receive a 20 percent profit. Repeatedly, its becomes a roll-back and the value is growing by every transaction.
Due to regulations we now require Commission Agents with bank accounts outside United States, where we can remit our profit from where it will be eventually be transferred to our off-shore accounts. What we offer you is an scheme that offers extremely high yields in a relatively short period of time. You do not need to send me your bank account information, what I require is your full name, address and occupation to file in to the bank. When payment is ready for transfer bank will contact you requesting your receiving account. You provide the bank account, when your account is credited you deduct (agreed) commission and remit the balance to our off shore accounts.
If you are willing to participate, please call me on telephone +1 940-603-4876 or send to my email and let me know your terms.
Yours Truly,
John Sullivan
Forfaiters Group.

In all the years of getting copious varieties of spam, this is the first of these I have ever seen. This would appear to be a form letter making the rounds as I have found mention of it in a few other venues, coming from a variety of munged and different email addy's. The only commonality would seem to be the TX phone number.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: different 419 variation

Post by fortinbras »

It turns out that forfaiting is a real word and not a misspelling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forfaiting

I think as a rule of thumb that anyone claiming to be deeply involved in high finance and the like would have many alternatives more promising than offering me, with no financial cunning, a highly remunerative job out of the blue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: different 419 variation

Post by notorial dissent »

fortinbras wrote:It turns out that forfaiting is a real word and not a misspelling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forfaiting
Certainly upset me when I found out it was a real word.
I think as a rule of thumb that anyone claiming to be deeply involved in high finance and the like would have many alternatives more promising than offering me, with no financial cunning, a highly remunerative job out of the blue.Not to mention the likelihood of violating a whole raft of Federal securities laws, no, don't think so. Actually, when read from a different perspective, it is just the old we'll pay you for forwarding payments scam, just really dressed up.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.