Registration/Activation/Password Problems

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Registration/Activation/Password Problems

Post by webhick »

There appears to be some funny business going on with the server. Suddenly, it has stopped sending any mail from phpBB. Until this issue gets resolved, we're switching back to admin activation. This means that the server will no longer send out an email to activate your account but will instead wait for an admin to do so.

I've activated all pending accounts.

Unfortunately, this also means that if you forget your password the server won't send you a new one. If you have issues logging in, email me at quatloos@lindenashby.org. This includes lost/forgotten passwords. Make sure you email me from the email account we have on file so I can make sure it's really you.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Re: Registration/Activation Problems

Post by webhick »

I should also point out that activation emails are not being sent. We typically activate you within 24 hours, often sooner. If you've registered for an account here and haven't gotten your activation email, try logging in anyway.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Registration/Activation/Password Problems

Post by noblepa »

I have forgotten my password. I am logged on to this computer because I have it set to log on automatically, and I remembered the password when I did that.

Now, I am trying to logon using a different browser, and my logon fails due to an invalid password.

I have clicked the "Forgot your password?" button, which alledgedly sends an email with the password or instructions on how to change it, but I never receive the emails.

Help, please?

noblepa at hotmail dot com
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Yeah, the board's email is still screwed up. I'll send you an email at that address in a few minutes with a temporary PW. Change it when you log in.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

For what it is worth it said I would be manually activated by an admin and advised by e-mail when that happened. No e-mail so tried logging in and it let me so im obviously activated :lol: Its not in my spam folders or anywhere else Google chooses to throw things these days because i looked.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Skeleton wrote:For what it is worth it said I would be manually activated by an admin and advised by e-mail when that happened. No e-mail so tried logging in and it let me so im obviously activated :lol: Its not in my spam folders or anywhere else Google chooses to throw things these days because i looked.
I too recently signed up, and no email was sent. I did as you did, just tried to login 24 hours later.
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Skeleton wrote:For what it is worth it said I would be manually activated by an admin and advised by e-mail when that happened. No e-mail so tried logging in and it let me so im obviously activated :lol: Its not in my spam folders or anywhere else Google chooses to throw things these days because i looked.
Exactly what happened to me when I signed on almost four years ago. I didn't get the promised email so I tried anyhow and found I had a working account.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick

Post by webhick »

As I said upthread:
I should also point out that activation emails are not being sent. We typically activate you within 24 hours, often sooner. If you've registered for an account here and haven't gotten your activation email, try logging in anyway.
Some people do actually receive the emails but that seems to be the exception, not the rule.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

One of the users who goes by the name of Trial By Social Media has lost his password, he asked for he to be re-set and got an email back, but no link on it to re-set the password.

Can anyone help him please
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
wserra

Post by wserra »

Yes. I'll reset his password and email the new temporary one to the email he gave when he registered.
- David Hume
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

How do I change my password
wserra

Post by wserra »

letissier14 wrote:How do I change my password
Click your login, to the right of "private messages". Then User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings.
- David Hume
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

wserra wrote:
Click your login, to the right of "private messages". Then User Control Panel / Profile / Edit Account Settings.
Thanks - all sorted :D
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

wserra wrote:
Now why wasn't he required to make the prescribed sacrifices?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
webhick

Post by webhick »

AndyK wrote:
wserra wrote:
Now why wasn't he required to make the prescribed sacrifices?
I already have too many first-born children.
Psam
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Psam »

I was required to agree to several conditions when I registered and I would like to see them again so I can remember what they specifically were. I thought it included words like "abuse" and that sort of thing. I can't find a copy of the agreement anywhere on the site.
Enfranchisement breeds social responsibility

“[L]aws command obedience because they are made by those whose conduct they govern.”
Supreme Court of Canada, Sauvé v Canada para 44: https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-c ... 0/index.do
webhick

Post by webhick »

They're the standard phpbb TOC and can be viewed here.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Just an evil thought, but....

Perhaps we should modify the standard T&C, which no one reads anyway, to include some fun things that any FMOTL would hate to agree to, like the fact that laws apply to them, they consent to free use of their name in both UPPER, lower, and Proper Case. Let's make them agree that the UCC doesn't apply outside of the US. That Income is taxable, even if you are not a government employee, The list goes on, it could be fun....
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

NYGman wrote:Just an evil thought, but....

Perhaps we should modify the standard T&C, which no one reads anyway, to include some fun things that any FMOTL would hate to agree to, like the fact that laws apply to them, they consent to free use of their name in both UPPER, lower, and Proper Case. Let's make them agree that the UCC doesn't apply outside of the US. That Income is taxable, even if you are not a government employee, The list goes on, it could be fun....
they hate to agree to the simplest of terms now. lol
webhick

Post by webhick »

I'm 99% certain that I just fixed the board email issues.