Unread PMs

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Unread PMs

Post by webhick »

Due to the email issue we're having, some people are not aware that they are receiving PMs and as a result are not reading them.

Until the email issue is resolved, I recommend you switch to the pop-up style of notification. When you receive a new PM it will display a popup when you visit the forum. This site has no other popups, ads or otherwise, so it would be the only kind you'd see.

To do this, go the board preferences section of the UCP and change "Pop up window on new private message" to "Yes."

And you guys may want to bob over to your PMsafter reading this just to make sure you don't have anything unread sitting in there.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Unread PMs

Post by AndyK »

Sort of related:

I've had two messages sitting in my PM Outbox for almost a week, but they don't show up in the "Sent" folder.

Did I break something?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

AndyK wrote:Sort of related:

I've had two messages sitting in my PM Outbox for almost a week, but they don't show up in the "Sent" folder.

Did I break something?
I had the same problem and asked Webhick about it. She told me they stay in the outbox until the recipient next logs on to Quatloos.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick

Post by webhick »

They sit there until the person actually reads them.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I've had that happen with messages to DK. Ya know, for someone that posts almost everyday, he doesn't do all that great a job of checking his mail..... :brickwall:
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick

Post by webhick »

I think I resolved the email problem, so this should be resolved.
webhick

Post by webhick »

It seems the PM email notification feature is still broken. But, at least people are receiving activation emails.