Unread PMs

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Unread PMs

Postby webhick » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Due to the email issue we're having, some people are not aware that they are receiving PMs and as a result are not reading them.

Until the email issue is resolved, I recommend you switch to the pop-up style of notification. When you receive a new PM it will display a popup when you visit the forum. This site has no other popups, ads or otherwise, so it would be the only kind you'd see.

To do this, go the board preferences section of the UCP and change "Pop up window on new private message" to "Yes."

And you guys may want to bob over to your PMsafter reading this just to make sure you don't have anything unread sitting in there.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Unread PMs

Postby AndyK » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 am

Sort of related:

I've had two messages sitting in my PM Outbox for almost a week, but they don't show up in the "Sent" folder.

Did I break something?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Postby Burnaby49 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 am

AndyK wrote:Sort of related:

I've had two messages sitting in my PM Outbox for almost a week, but they don't show up in the "Sent" folder.

Did I break something?

I had the same problem and asked Webhick about it. She told me they stay in the outbox until the recipient next logs on to Quatloos.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Postby webhick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:55 am

They sit there until the person actually reads them.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Postby JamesVincent » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 am

I've had that happen with messages to DK. Ya know, for someone that posts almost everyday, he doesn't do all that great a job of checking his mail..... :brickwall:
Lift me up above this, the flames and the ashes,
Lift me up and help me to fly away.
Lift me up above this, the broken, the empty,
Lift me up and help me to fly away,
Lift me up!

Five Finger Death Punch "Lift Me Up"

Return to “About Quatloos and Site Comments”