Posting problem?

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Posting problem?

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Is there any problem with the forum at the moment? I am unable to post anything longer than a couple of sentences.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Posting problem?

Post by Burnaby49 »

Same here. Including PMs.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

When I try to post on discussions or send PMs I get;

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

when I hit submit. After that I can't even get back on Q for a few minutes.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I haven't noticed, but I also haven't posted anything today. So this is a test.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Is this long enough to count?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

No problem. I'll cut and paste some Van Pelt. If anything will cause the server to glitch, that should be it.

Actually the Treasury had issued $300 million in 'lawful money' after FDR called in the gold in 1933; the banksters sold half in Europe and kept the profits, Congress spent half of their half, and $300 million in gold (valued at $42/ounce) was retained to back the lawful money. It is inelastic and may not be used for reserves for fractional reserve banking, which is what the Federal Reserve notes are for. So 'lawful money', US Treasury notes, represent value, wealth, while Federal Reserve notes are debt obligations. While the two types of notes circulate concurrently, and trade at par, Treasury notes are 'backed' by gold (not redeemable in gold), while FRN's are backed by a lien on the future labor and income taxes of the US government's 14th Amendment 'citizens.' 12 USC Sections 415 and 417 make it clear that FRN's are not 'lawful money'. Since 1938 the courts have tended to interpret history to conveniently suit the Federal government's desire to become a totalitarian state, and to provide confusion so the uninformed citizenry will not figure out the remedy offered by Section 411. Both notes are legal tender, but there is a world of difference between wealth as money and debt as money (debt is the money of slaves). The demand to use lawful money per 12 USC 411 is asking for the $300 million of inelastic currency issued by the US Treasury, not the debt instruments issued by the Federal Reserve.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Strange. I can still post no more than 4 lines without it freezing. Managed to add one more line by editing the post afterwards.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Browser versions?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

webhick wrote:Browser versions?
I tried on both IE and Firefox. Everything was fine until about midnight last night.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I find Van Pelt's rapture over United States Notes puzzling -- even for him -- because they were created as what might be called the "original fiat currency". They were backed by no form of precious metal, or indeed by anything except the full faith and credit of the US government.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

This is a test ...
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
apsdfij a;odsjf ;enbv;ads [ovnd9p4kvn 'wvpp anjmv9[, sfnmvw[0. T;wpboln as pak wpoiejg z;ov; awvni wp a';psd;v ;lsjv9iep v slkriojds 'n; ;n poinlkj3oinj459bnma lonmspoi.

And let's see if it works ...

Preview works ... let's try the real deal ...

And this edit to note that it works. Using Firefox.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

It is not a "problem"

It is a newly implemented feature.

It only impacts members who have been deemed to be worthy of curtailed posts.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby has reached his word limit.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick

Post by webhick »

It seems to be affecting our international users. Anyone else experiencing this kind of problem?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I had a problem, earlier tonight.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

JamesVincent wrote:Burnaby has reached his word limit.
Bad news JV, I'm back up. Thanks to Webhick's magic I think. She gave me a bunch of computer instruction to do some trace thing or other that I somehow managed to follow which resulted in a batch of gibberish which might as well have been Sanskrit for all the sense it made to me. I sent that to her and here I am inflicting myself on you once again. If you've got a problem with that blame Webhick!

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Bad news JV, I'm back up. Thanks to Webhick's magic I think. She gave me a bunch of computer instruction to do some trace thing or other that I somehow managed to follow which resulted in a batch of gibberish which might as well have been Sanskrit for all the sense it made to me. I sent that to her and here I am inflicting myself on you once again. If you've got a problem with that blame Webhick!
:cry:
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick

Post by webhick »

Burnaby49 wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:Burnaby has reached his word limit.
Bad news JV, I'm back up. Thanks to Webhick's magic I think. She gave me a bunch of computer instruction to do some trace thing or other that I somehow managed to follow which resulted in a batch of gibberish which might as well have been Sanskrit for all the sense it made to me. I sent that to her and here I am inflicting myself on you once again. If you've got a problem with that blame Webhick!
I did absolutely nothing except go to bed since I had to be up for work at 3. tracert is a diagnostic tool, not a repair tool so it didn't fix the problem.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Blame Webhick anyhow. Maybe the net knew she was on the case and conceded gracefully.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

While we on the subject, email notification is still down.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Jeffrey wrote:While we on the subject, email notification is still down.
I don't have the kind of access necessary to troubleshoot and fix that.