Question about private messages.

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Question about private messages.

Post by Famspear »

After all these years, I should know how to do this but......

.........anyway, I notice that in my inbox for private messages, I have "1 private message currently on hold because of full folder."

There is a link that says "Release all on-hold messages" but it does not work.

The message page also says "....100% full (50 out of 50 messages stored)"

I've tried marking and deleting the messages by checking the "mark" boxes and selecting "delete" near the bottom of the page, but none of the messages get deleted.

What am I missing?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Question about private messages.

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:I've tried marking and deleting the messages by checking the "mark" boxes and selecting "delete" near the bottom of the page, but none of the messages get deleted.
:beatinghorse:

After selecting the "delete" option at the bottom of the page, your window should reset to a new page asking for confirmation that you want to delete the message(s) selected. Are you getting that page?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Famspear wrote:After all these years, I should know how to do this but......

.........anyway, I notice that in my inbox for private messages, I have "1 private message currently on hold because of full folder."

I've tried marking and deleting the messages by checking the "mark" boxes and selecting "delete" near the bottom of the page, but none of the messages get deleted.

What am I missing?
I sent you a PM a few weeks ago and got no reply. You probably never got it because of a full inbox.

You should have that drop-down menu on bottom right set as default on 'Mark/unmark as important'. After you've marked messages to delete you scroll down to 'delete marked' and click on it and it becomes highlighted in red. Then just click 'go'. You'll be asked if you really want to delete and when you say yes they are gone. This works for me, just did it a few days ago. If it doesn't work for you Webhick will have to step in.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Burnaby49 wrote:

What am I missing?
I sent you a PM a few weeks ago and got no reply. You probably never got it because of a full inbox.

You should have that drop-down menu on bottom right set as default on 'Mark/unmark as important'. After you've marked messages to delete you scroll down to 'delete marked' and click on it and it becomes highlighted in red. Then just click 'go'. You'll be asked if you really want to delete and when you say yes they are gone. This works for me, just did it a few days ago. If it doesn't work for you Webhick will have to step in.
I did that very precise thing several times, but it never gave me the page that asked "do you really want to delete". The screen would just stay as it was, and nothing would happen.

However, I just tried it yet again, and now I am getting that message. I click "yes" -- and now it is deleting properly.

the only difference is that on my computer, it does not highlight the "delete marked" verbiage in red. But, at least now, when I click "go", it's letting me go on.....

Thanks! I wonder why it wasn't working before.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Hmmm.... I just tried it again, twice. The first time I tried it again, by checking an item, selecting "delete marked" and then hitting "go", it didn't work. It just returned me to the same page.

Then, I tried it yet again, and it worked.

So, there is some sort of intermittent off and on again problem.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I wonder if your particular browser has something do with it.

Then again, you could have done something to get on the wrong side of webhick...

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

What am I missing?

this is a trick question. the answer is the PMs in hold.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote:I wonder if your particular browser has something do with it.

Then again, you could have done something to get on the wrong side of webhick...
Or the universe....
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

notorial dissent wrote:
The Observer wrote:I wonder if your particular browser has something do with it.

Or the universe....
All this new-fangled technology! Hrrmph!

:shrug:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:

Or the universe....
All this new-fangled technology! Hrrmph!

:shrug:
Wow, the universe has been around for about 13-14 billion years. That must mean you are considerably older if you define that as being "new-fangled."

Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:Wow, the universe has been around for about 13-14 billion years. That must mean you are considerably older if you define that as being "new-fangled."
Good point. Maybe it's not so new-fangled.

But, I'm sure there's some amount of fangle in there, somewhere......

:)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Realized my PM Box was full and I tried to delete some messages but I could not do it from my phone. I would get to select, then drop-down to delete marked, then after I click yes, I get logged out. I log back in, do it again, and logged out again.

Using Chrome mobile.

I remoted in to my desktop and had no issue there. I have noticed that when I submit something, a post, a PM, an edit, etc I occasionally get logged out. When log back, everything new is lost. It is rare on desktop, and I can usually back up and copy, but when I do that, no mater what I do, I get logged out. On the PC the next time I log in, I can paste, type and submit without issue.

The logout issue on my phone today went around 6 times, before I gave up and accessed my remote PC.

Could this be the issue Fam was talking about?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Odd. I don't have any trouble deleting messages from my Inbox -- using Chrome for Android, request Desktop.

I am occasionally logged out, though.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95