Slow loading & logging out...

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Slow loading & logging out...

Post by wserra »

And now I'm getting a weird behavior. As of this morning, when I try to post something, I get a 500 error. But then I refresh the index page, and my post is there. As unread.

Non-vital, and above my pay grade. webhick?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm And now I'm getting a weird behavior. As of this morning, when I try to post something, I get a 500 error. But then I refresh the index page, and my post is there. As unread.
Did the same thing to me when I wrote that post last night.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:50 am Hmm. Both the "New posts" and "Active topics" links work fine for me (note: "New posts" means new since your last login). I'm not sure what you mean by "Recent Discussions". Where is that?
It's the column next to the "Previous Posts" column.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Terrence Howard

Post by eric »

And of course the board went a little nuts, I apologize for the multiple posts. Every time I made a post I would receive the error message "Unable to process your request at this time" so I just kept trying.... Mods - please remove multiples as you see fit, Damn that error 500. :shrug:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

eric wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:38 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:21 pm My hand calculator tells me that the square root of 2 is an infinite number sequence starting with 1.4142135. Damn thing must be broken, Howard wouldn't have spent years researching Terryology if he couldn't do basic math.

Damn, we posted simultaneously...
There may hve been something wrong with the connection to Quatloos when we posted those. I had to submit my post quoted above three times because when I hit 'submit' my computer screen went blank, just a white empty page. When it started working gain a minute or so later all three had been posted and i had to delete two of them.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Just ddid it again when i posted the above. Maybe when I post this too.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra

Post by wserra »

I moved the above three posts from the "Terrence Howard" thread in TPs/US.

I have had the same problem - intermittently - for the last two days. I have no idea what's causing it. As I posted above, when that happens - blank page other than a 500 error - and you return to the forum, the post will be there, marked unread.

Strange, but non-essential. I hesitate to bother webhick. She does a whole lot for this board, unpaid - and will eventually see these posts anyway.

ETA: just happened again - but, again, it did post.

ETA2: And the edit went through without a hitch. Go figure.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume