Mobile Troubles

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Mobile Troubles

Post by wserra »

For the last couple of days, I've been unable to log in from my iPhone, something I've done many times in the past. I get this:
403 FORBIDDEN!

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
Vulnerability Scanner (UA-0160).

Your IP, Domain Name (if resolvable), the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date have been logged and flagged for admin review. Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.
This happens when I try to log in using both Verizon data and wifi. I've tried each from multiple places. ZB Block doesn't like me for some reason.

webhick - THIS IS HARDLY URGENT. I have no trouble logging in from PC (home and office), laptop and iPad (the latter two using the same wifis that fail with my phone). I only mention it so that (a) others who may experience the same problem know they're not unique, and (2) if you should see anything that might be causing it WHILE YOU ARE ALREADY DOING SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT.

And no, I have no idea what "bad behavior" the board is talking about. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Mobile Troubles

Post by Burnaby49 »

I get a 403 ban occasionally when I attempt to log on to Quatloos from my home computer. I always get in after a second try. So, for me, a minor annoyance rather than a problem. I've never bothered scrolling down far enough to see if it is caused by my malicious and hostile bad behaviour.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I did a thing with the software. This should fix your problem, Wes. Burn, the thing I did may have fixed your problem, but please purge your browser's cache.

Let me know if the problems continue. My work schedule is lighter tomorrow so I can look into it more then.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra

Post by wserra »

Thanks, web, but no go. I deleted Q's data and cookies, tried again, exactly the same error message.

At least for me, this is not a big deal. I can login no problem with every device other than my iPhone.
- David Hume
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Same deal for me on iPhone, does not work using either Safari or Chrome on iOS 7
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

So, I somehow missed the most important bit of information about the problem: iPhone. I've applied a patch so it should work now. If that does work, it's because the new update to iOS added something to the user string which malicious software is known to have as well.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra

Post by wserra »

Bingo.

web-HICK! web-HICK! web-HICK!
- David Hume