Board has gone wierd !!!

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Board has gone wierd !!!

Post by AndyK »

Every time I refresh the Q page, it demands that I log in again AND it fails to keep track of topics which I've read.

User / my software error or problem with Q :?:
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Board has gone wierd !!!

Post by webhick »

Try to delete the board cookies by using the "Delete all board cookies" link:
  • On the Absolution theme, it's above the "Information" box.
  • On the Q theme, it's located in the menu bar under "Forum."
  • On the Prosilver theme, it's located in the footer at the bottom of the page.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

That triggers a question from me. As far as I know I have the old standard yellow-greenish bread and butter Q theme. I had no idea that the Prosilver and Absolution themes exist. How do I change themes to try the others out? I would have thought it was in "display Options" but can't find it there.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Burnaby49 wrote:That triggers a question from me. As far as I know I have the old standard yellow-greenish bread and butter Q theme. I had no idea that the Prosilver and Absolution themes exist. How do I change themes to try the others out? I would have thought it was in "display Options" but can't find it there.
User Control Panel

Board Preferences tab

Edit Global Settings sub-tab

My Board Style: drop-down menu

By the way, I'm not having trouble with login and refresh like Andy is.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Thanks. Right in front of me and I was too dense to see it.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

I just tried changing my theme and I am getting the 'website cannot display page' error message. Could it be because I am using IE8?
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

All fixed. The perils of manually patching files.

ETA: If it doesn't look like it took, do a hard refresh by doing one of the following:
  • Hold down shift and hit F5 on your keyboard
  • Hold down shift and click the refresh button in your browser.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Works for me now.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt