Forum Upgrade

This is a message forum open to the public to make comments about Quatloos! and for suggestions meant to improve the website.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Forum Upgrade

Post by webhick »

I'm finally getting around to prepping for and installing the newest phpBB release this weekend. So, the forum is going to go down for maintenance late tonight or tomorrow night. Don't be alarmed.

This isn't a major upgrade or anything, mostly bug and security patches, so you likely won't notice any difference after it's done.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by JamesVincent »

Thank you Web. One quick question for you. Is it possible to make it go to the first unread posts before opening the thread? I know it's nitpicky but it would make scanning a little quicker.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Also I ask for a longer duration for stuff to count as active. Sometimes, if I'm away from the internet for a full day or a weekend, I miss dozens of messages that I would have been interested in.
webhick

Post by webhick »

JamesVincent wrote:Thank you Web. One quick question for you. Is it possible to make it go to the first unread posts before opening the thread? I know it's nitpicky but it would make scanning a little quicker.
When viewing a topic list (like when visiting the forum, or an active topics list) There's an icon next to the topic name which takes you to the first unread post.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

fortinbras wrote:Also I ask for a longer duration for stuff to count as active. Sometimes, if I'm away from the internet for a full day or a weekend, I miss dozens of messages that I would have been interested in.
On the active topics list, you can change it to one day, seven days, two weeks, one month, two months, three months, six months and one year.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Upgrade complete.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Neat! Way to go, and thanks once again for all that you do.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

ImageImageImageImage
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

wserra wrote:ImageImageImageImage
What the hell do you think you're doing putting my picture up on Quatloos? I thought we were supposed to be anonymous! PS, that's me second from left.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Very nice and thanks for all the serious technical work that I couldn't do even with a gun at my head.