Identity Theft Scam?

General discussion of identity theft issues, including identity theft schemes, phishing scams, and related issues.
golfer21

Identity Theft Scam?

Post by golfer21 »

I was reading the Dallas Observer newspaper and there was a large ad seeking experienced courier drivers. They claimed to pay $25.00 per hour, plus gas and you are provided a company car. I couldn't believe any company could afford to pay such high rates, so I called and left a message.

A woman called me back from 214-446-0110 and stated that the company, Flash Delivery, was moving into 100 Crescent Court soon (extremely high rent). She said they were currently located in Nevada.

The website is: http://www.fdeliver.com
It was created on 25 Aug 2007
The registration info is:
Daniela castillejos (theworker4@hotmail.com)
+52.9981457122
Fax: -
SM 20 M20 L 114 AV. XCARET
Benito juarez, QUINTANA ROO 77500
MX
When you do a google search using 214-446-0110, all sorts of scam stuff comes up. So, I called the Observer and they confirmed that the payment for the ad had been returned. I called 100 Crescent Court and they said that they have no current leases or prospects for the company. They claim to be a member of the International Concierge and Errand Association. However, they are not listed with the organization.

The website instructs you to fill out the application and fax it in with a copy of your driver's license and social security card. They also want your banking information so that they can "direct deposit" your paychecks. Oh, and they are sure to mention that THEY DO NOT PERFORM any sort of background check or drug testing.
I AUTHORIZE THE FLASH DELIVER CORP. TO ADD ENTRIES TO MY ACCOUNT. I AUTHORIZE THE COMPANY TO CORRECTIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS FOR ANY PREVIOUS CREDIT ENTRIES MADE IN ERROR.
The contact information on the website is as follows:
10161 Park Run Drive Las Vegas, Nevada 89145

email: hire@count.com

(702) 727-1420
(801) 991-3691

(Location:1 mile east of 215 off of West Charleston Blvd in Summerlin)
They also make this claim on the site:
We just signed a deal with Fedex that helps us reduce cost to our client base. Now our clients will get same day delivery in almost every major city.
I went to the FedEx site, but couldn't find who to call to confirm this. Does anyone else know anything about this scam or know what they're up to?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Excellent work golfer21!
Demo.
golfer21

Post by golfer21 »

Thanks! I'd love to be a private investigator after my children are grown. I've always enjoyed researching things.