Dumbass Phisher Pretends to Be from ISP

General discussion of identity theft issues, including identity theft schemes, phishing scams, and related issues.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Dumbass Phisher Pretends to Be from ISP

Post by wserra »

Received last night:
This Email is from [my ISP] Customer Support to all [my ISP] User, we are sending it to every webmail User Accouts Owner for safety.we are having congestion to the anonymous registraton of accounts we are shutting down some accounts and yours was among those to be deleted,verify your E-mail by filling out your Longin Informations.

*Username:
*Password:
*Date of Birth:
*Country Or Territory:

Warning!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after one week of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Waiting to received the details of your email.

Regard,
Well, I'm surely sorry you're having "congeston". Is that anything like hives? As least your "congeston" seems to be balanced by "longin", always a pleasant thing. As for my "informations", I am actually "waiting to received" them myself.

Perhaps you can help.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Dumbass Phisher Pretends to Be from ISP

Post by fortinbras »

I have received several similar messages (same misspellings!) purporting to be from my email service.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Dumbass Phisher Pretends to Be from ISP

Post by The Observer »

At the risk of appearing picky, the word "congestion" was spelled correctly in the quoted email, contrary to the spelling in your response. On the other hand, "registration" was misspelled as well as "login", in addition to the other cited issues with syntax and grammar.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff