Newly Renovated 2-bedroom Apartment for Rent in East Vancouver for $700 too good to be true.

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Newly Renovated 2-bedroom Apartment for Rent in East Vancouver for $700 too good to be true.

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:Sending him to Louisville? Are there no limits to your vicious sadism?

Please, I have it on good authority that Louisville is within the 8th Circle of Hell, which is reserved for fraudsters.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Elmware
Blessed Ancient of the Sixth Qu Dynasty

Re: Newly Renovated 2-bedroom Apartment for Rent in East Vancouver for $700 too good to be true.

Post by Elmware »

Hahahahaha, those are good. I'm going to try them.
I sent the rent, but Western Union contacted me and told me that the transfer was delayed to the Hurricane down South.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Yet again I've selflessly sacrificed myself, both my dwindling remaining time and my meager retirement funds, for Quatloos. I'm just back from a boots on the ground research trip to check out the verifiable facts of Elmware's issue with his purported scammer.

First the time. I went downtown and actually walked thirty feet across Beatty street from Stadium Skytrain Station to do a physical inspection of the building housing the unit offered to Elmware. New concrete steel-framed residential with some office use on ground floor. Great location. Being a slum landlord in Burnaby I have some experience in greater Vancouver rental prices and I'd guess that a two bedroom unit in this building would go, at a minimum, for say $1,750 a month. So, a great once in a lifetime deal for Elmware!

Next the money. After having previously praised the nearby amenities I thought it best to check to see that my comments were still current. So I went to The Pint for their Monday to Friday happy-hour wings special. Just as good as ever! A pound of wings and a beer for the regular price of the beer so the wings are free! With a deal like that Elmware should be good to go to getting conned. Somehow I'll try and budget for the price of the beer and the subsequent beers at the Blarney Stone, the Irish Heather, and the Cambie.

Forcing myself to have a beer at the Cambie was, as always, just another selfless gesture on my part. I'd noted the Cambie in this Dean Kory posting;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9391&p=242767#p242767

So I thought it best to see if my comments were still up to date. They are.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Bravo Burnaby, taking one, or was it three for the team.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

notorial dissent wrote:Bravo Burnaby, taking one, or was it three for the team.
Four. Two Guiness's (on special at the Irish pubs) and two Shocktop Wheats.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Elmware

Post by Elmware »

So finally he tells me where to send the funds:
You can't send money without my payment information, so i will advice
you to go back to western union and resend the money to this payment
information today.

You can find a western union transfer outlet store at drug mart or
Canada Post near to you and tell them you want to send the payment via
western union transfer.

If western union agent ask you a question about send money to west
coast africa just tell them you are send money for family support.

Finally, Regard the rent, Yes, western union will be okay due to its
safest and easiest confirmation, so once i confirm the payment today,
then i can issue your receipt and branch the DHL while going to work
tomorrow as planned.
So, you can arrange the first month rent today and find a nearby
western union office to send the payment.

Here is the western union details to give them:

Receivers Name: AINA OLUWASANYA
Receivers Address: 9, DAYO STREET
City: OSHODI
State: LAGOS
Code: 23401
Amount Sent ( $350.00)
Text Question: COLOUR
Answer: YELLOW

Once the money is sent this morning, you will be giving a
confirmation receipt, inside the receipt, i will need the below
information to verify your payment in order to pick it up:

MTCN NUMBER?
SENDERS FIRST NAME?
SENDERS LAST NAME?

Awaiting your reply, as soon as the payment is send, get back to me
with the picture of the western union payment slip.

Thanks
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Sounds like you have him hooked, now its just a matter of keeping him on the line and thinking that any day the money will be in his hands - once you are able to get past all of those "strange coincidences" that stop you from sending the money.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Dayo Street?

DAYO! DAAAAYOOOO!
The telegram come and I can go home.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Western Union informs me that in order for payment to be sent from Canada to Nigeria, the international tranfers red must be paid in advance, from Nigerian receiver of funds to Canadian sender of funds. This is to reduce frauds common in West Africa. I have never heard of this reds either, but this is they said now mandatory for to send money from North America to West Africa money must be sent backwards first.

So, I have ready to send you $700 for 2 month rent, all paid up at Western Union, but to release it, you must first send $20 USD to me at

Gregg
Der Dachshundbunker
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Western Union informs me that in order for payment to be sent from Canada to Nigeria, the international tranfers fee must be paid in advance, from Nigerian receiver of funds to Canadian sender of funds. This is to reduce frauds common in West Africa. I have never heard of this fees either, but this is they said now mandatory for to send money from North America to West Africa money must be sent backwards first.

So, I have ready to send you $700 for 2 month rent, all paid up at Western Union, but to release it, you must first send $20 USD to me at

Gregg
Der Dachshundbunker
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325

Etc.... I tried to mimic the pidgin English even.

If you can get him to send you $20, I'll be impressed.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

My apologies! I was clearly way off the mark with my ridiculous comments about that Beatty Street apartment going for $1,750 a month. This article in today's edition of The Province pegs it at about $3,000 a month;

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... 5e01f0f3c2

What was I thinking? My only excuse is that I last rented in 1978 so my market information is a touch out of date.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:If you can get him to send you $20, I'll be impressed.
I would not recommend doing that, it puts you in the same position as the scammer - getting money under false pretenses.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Ah, but a guy can dream, can't he?

:mrgreen:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:Ah, but a guy can dream, can't he?

:mrgreen:
A dream = hookers, blow and a muscle car.

$20 = not so much.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

?? We call that Tuesday afternoon... :haha:
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Gregg wrote:
?? We call that Tuesday afternoon... :haha:
Or 5 minutes with Hunter S Thompson
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

you cant horde fun. it has no shelf life.
hunter s. thompson

perhaps this fellow will give you some ideas to help you mess with this landlord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ
he has many vids screwing with scammers.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

So how did your hunt for a new apartment go Elmware?

Elmware

Post by Elmware »

The Observer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm
Dayo Street?

DAYO! DAAAAYOOOO!
The telegram come and I can go home.
Daylight come and they wanna go home...
Mandi
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Mandi »

I know this post is old from 2017 but I was just looking through graigs list and found an apartment for 600 a month which would be great for some students I'm helping find a place for. However little red flags went up
600 a month for a luxury apartment in the heart of downtown Vancouver flag one.
So out of curiosity I asked about it and the letter back is exactly word for word the se as this one. Works for the exact same yacht club on the west coast of africa. Flag 2
You can't have the keys until you send money f3 and so on. If you look up the yacht club it is actually in Scotland and from what I can tell with out actually calling the place it doesn't have a branch out side of Scotland.
No one rents out a luxury apartment with all the bells and whistles plus more rents it out for 600.