Our favorite birther is back in the news

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Our favorite birther is back in the news

Post by rogfulton »

Orly has found a way to burst back into the public eye.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fbd ... 1b7706ce52
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Our favorite birther is back in the news

Post by Burnaby49 »

Orly's being too modest in this statement;
But even Taitz ― who said in an hourlong conversation with HuffPost that she still isn’t sure whether Obama was actually born in Kenya ― she didn’t agree with the ludicrous assertion that Trump actually “won in a landslide,” as claimed by Trump attorney Jenna Ellis.

“I don’t know, I wouldn’t go that far,” Taitz told HuffPost, adding that she doesn’t “have the evidence that Jenna Ellis or Rudy Giuliani have.”
She has all the evidence that Guiliani has. We all do.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

With La Taitz "ebidences" are a nebulous thing and subject to change and mutation at will. Actually, I think it is Powell who has all the "magic" evidence that she has yet to provide and will take her two weeks to do so, RSN promise. Rudy and the rest are just grandstanding and doing a lot of wishing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Foggy
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Foggy »

As some of you know, my wife and I were patients of Orly, back about 1998 or so. We lasted a few visits, but she was rude and she smelled bad and she has a really bad Russian accent. We escaped with our lives.

When she showed up in December 2008 at the National Press Club, I was shocked. I called my wife in to look at my monitor, and she said, "I know her! Where do we know her from?"

I said, "She was our dentist back in Orange County, remember?"

"Oh yeah, she was a terrible dentist."

But she's a worse lawyer than she was a dentist. If you have a dog, your dog is a better lawyer than Orly Taitz.
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Orly is probably tired of not being in the limelight; and she is probably desperately trying to avoid going back to filling cavities, or hanging around the local courthouses, trying to pick up some bottom-feeding cases.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

I think that is a given, that and the birfer bucks, not that she even got all that many even in her prime, such as it was. Orbly's raison d'être throughout a good portion if not all of her adult life seems to have been one long fail of her desperately seeking relevance and attention, at which she was as good at as her attempts at dentistry, law, and real estate.

Rumor has it that her dentistry practice is doing at least as well as her legal practice these days. There were at one point some really bruising yelp and assorted reviews on it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
notorial dissent

La Taitz is just once again exhibiting just how vasty deep is her knowledge of constitutional law and law in general is.
Dark Optimist
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Dark Optimist »

I'm not willing to spend the energy to look it up, but wasn't she disbarred? Or at least sanctioned for frivolous filings?
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor

Post by rogfulton »

Dark Optimist wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:28 pm I'm not willing to spend the energy to look it up, but wasn't she disbarred? Or at least sanctioned for frivolous filings?
It's not mentioned in the article.

If I knew how to link a Tweet (where I found out about the article), it gives a pretty good summary.

If you have a Twitter account, the tweet is by Laurence Tribe @tribelaw.
notorial dissent

She should have been disbarred ages ago for reason, but she did get a serious fine from Federal Judge David Land for being, well her boy toy actually, a contemptuous little pustule. She is a as incompetent at the law as she is everything else she attempts.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:19 pm She should have been disbarred ages ago for reason, but she did get a serious fine from Federal Judge David Land for being, well her boy toy actually, a contemptuous little pustule. She is a as incompetent at the law as she is everything else she attempts.
Oh, come now. Can't you be a bit gracious and admit that she does a very competent job at being an idiot?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:19 pm She should have been disbarred ages ago for reason, but she did get a serious fine from Federal Judge David Land for being, well her boy toy actually, a contemptuous little pustule. She is a as incompetent at the law as she is everything else she attempts.
Oh, come now. Can't you be a bit gracious and admit that she does a very competent job at being an idiot?
Except I don't think that is anything on purpose, just her natural personality, such as it is. Have you actually read her latest attempt at lawyerin'?? I mean seriously.