Facebook "Gypsy curse" scam

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Facebook "Gypsy curse" scam

Post by Arthur Rubin »

By mistake, I accepted a Facebook "friend" request from a - person?

In any case, she wanted to do a palm-reading over the net - after I sent her an image of my hand, this was the last Messenger message from her....
they let me know that you're a well created human being which has been created with alot of blessings and destined to become a great leader to lead others since you were born I saw alot of star around you which is a sign that signifies that you've a brighter future and your generation will be bless but your destiny is under a bondage of a woman from the past which has been programmed to affect in aspects of your love life, and also to cause an alot of pain upset in person toxic relationship. it has break the connection between you and your twinflames . This woman doesn't want good for you that's the reason why she decided to put a demonic curse on you .
For the remaining results,where solution is, donation will be well appreciated my beloved ❤️🔮
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Facebook "Gypsy curse" scam

Post by The Observer »

Lots of scammers and phishers on Facebook. My estimate is that 99.99% of the unsolicited friend requests from "pretty" women are from the scammers hoping to hook into you somehow and someway. Far better to delete the request and instead go out a meet a pretty woman in person.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

If I get a friend request from a young and pretty woman, or if one of them asks me to send them a friend request because (insert excuse here) they can't send one to me, I like to go to their "page" and use Google to find the source of the photo. It's almost always a stock photo, or one copied from someone's profile. I decline the request, and block the sender, at once.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:08 am Far better to delete the request and instead go out a meet a pretty woman in person.
That involves being around people. Eww
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
technos
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by technos »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:40 am If I get a friend request from a young and pretty woman, or if one of them asks me to send them a friend request because (insert excuse here) they can't send one to me, I like to go to their "page" and use Google to find the source of the photo. It's almost always a stock photo, or one copied from someone's profile. I decline the request, and block the sender, at once.
That probably won't last too much longer, sadly. Spear-phishers (folks trying to socially engineer specific people to install malware or steal credentials) have started getting around that by using GAN-generated photos in their campaigns, and it's only a matter of time before the technique trickles down and even Facebook scammers are using something like Stable Diffusion to create images that can't be backtracked.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Yes I've noticed that the facebook scammers are getting better. It used to be that I could just check their profile image on Tineye or Google Image Search and determine that they were fakes. However, now I have to check who their friends are. They always want to show off their fake profile to their buddies so it's easy - claims to be a 50 yo Canadian white male with a university education and served in the military but all your friends and followers are from Nigeria - not bloody likely. Side note - got my very first grandparents scam text message last Sunday. Told him to enjoy his McDonald's quarter pounder meal supper in the local lockup and sometime on Monday he would be getting out anyways. For some reason he didn't text me back... :shrug: :shrug: