First time I have seen this scam dealing with ATM cards

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Jabrjo

First time I have seen this scam dealing with ATM cards

Post by Jabrjo »

Dear Winner,

I hope this mail meets you in a vital health and a good state of mind. This may come to you as a surprise but it is for real.After an evaluation with computer permutation (ooh! using big words. impressive.) and manual records,we have found out that you are among the 50 people that have legally and creditably used ATM card effectively. (I guess this means they would have had to illegally obtain my information then. lol) Thus,being the CEO of SWIFT ATM CARD, a corporation that works with ATM service providers all over the world,I have decided to reward you in utmost good faith with a brand new ATM card that contains $18,000,000 (eighteen million U.S Dollars). (That's all? bunch of cheapskates.)

With this ATM card you can withdraw a minimum of $3,000 (three thousand U.S Dollars) and a maximum of $4,500 (three thousand five hundred U.S Dollars) everyday.Also,this ATM card gives you an opportunity to win a huge sum of $500,000,000 (five hundred million U.S Dollars) which will be given to just 10 people courtesy our ATM card raffle draw at the end of this month.

Immediately you get this mail,contact DR.WALTER ANDEW. Who is in charge of the ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT, with your:
FULL NAME:
CURRENT ADDRESS:
PRESENT COUNTRY:
TELEPHONE NUMBER:

Send the information above to him through the e-mail:atm.paymentdepartmentoffice@yahoo.dk Immediately you send him the information above.He wil let you know the next step to take.

PLEASE REPLY TO MY BOX AS I WILL BE TRAVELLING TO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES ON BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS.CONTACT DR.ANDREW I HAVE LEFT HIM WITH THE AUTHORITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU GET THE CARD WITHOUT STRESS. Urgent response is required to enable a speedy delivery of your super charged ATM card at your door step SOON.

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!

MRS.Frank Ben
CEO SWIFT ATM CARD©
INTERNET PROGRAMS®

Of course it would be nice if this was real. I bet they want your ATM card number along with your pin #

I'm gonna mess with them just to see how they plan on working this scam. I'll let you people know how it's progessing along.
cdj1122

Post by cdj1122 »

I simply cannot understand how anyone can fall for this one. It is not smooth, it is poorly written and so obvious that a child should be suspicious.
And yet, .... This is America !
Jabrjo

Post by Jabrjo »

I expected them to ask for my ATM card information to say it was for verification pourposes, but instead they just want me to send them a one time $1,500 processing fee via Western Union for them to send me the card. lol.

I sure hope nobody falls for this scam, but you know people will. I wish I hadn't replied to them now because my inbox is getting full of every nigerian scam imaginable.