"Heldharmless"

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
NotAHappyCamper

Re: "Heldharmless"

Post by NotAHappyCamper »

Thank you for the welcome wserra! I'm just glad I found this forum. No, I don't mind posting everything that we got, which really isn't all that much. Here is the directions that we received from our broker. Pertinent info is obviously blanked out. I'll post the IT issue emails after this one.
BANK WIRING INSTRUCTIONS (MONEY MARKET ESCROW):
Wire funds To: J.P. Morgan Chase, NY
Routing Number: .........
For Credit To: National Financial Services LLC
Account Number: ...... – ...
For the Benefit Of: HARMLESS Holdings Trust (Holdings Trust Escrow)
For Final Credit To: .........
Address: One Chase Manhattan Plaza,
New York, NY 10005
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: "HeldHarmless.com"

Post by Kestrel »

NotAHappyCamper wrote:My broker can't even get through to them and he has a bunch of clients waiting on the same thing as us.

My broker is not only embarrassed but livid. We are beyond that.
Is he embarassed and livid enough to return his commission to you? It's easy to make noises like you're livid when you still get paid.

If I were you I'd be going after the brokerage house for neglecting proper Due Diligence, especially when "a bunch of clients" get burned. Any decent broker knows enough to recognize a "too good to be true" opportunity.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I have never practiced commercial law. That said, this document makes little sense to me. Some observations:

(1) On one hand, the agreement appears to say that you are escrowing $750. On the other, it refers to the money as an "enrollment fee" (whatever that is). It's hard to be both.

(2) Assuming it's an escrow (if only because it says "escrow" more often than "enrollment fee"), these guys appear to be acting as some sort of loan brokers: we get you a loan, you owe us a fee. Are they licensed to do that?

(3) It appears to be a condition of the escrow that you come up with collateral sufficient to satisfy a lender. These guys contact the lenders, right? What happens if they say, "Oops. Lenders found your collateral unsatisfactory"? It appears to say that, after fifteen business days, they keep the "enrollment fee".

(4) Googles of both "Fidelity Fund Escrow Services" and "Fidelity Fund Escrow Srvcs" (both used in the agreement) yield no hits. You don't imagine that it's all Heldharmless, do you?

Given that these guys don't even tell you who they are, I'm shocked that they appear to have disappeared, along with your money. Moreover, their original product - "Pay us, and we'll immunize you from lawsuits" - is such obvious bullshit that I can't imagine why anyone would do any business with them.

Sure, post the emails.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Isn't the name of the "Escrow Agent" a hint? Use of the name of a major financial powerhouse -- Fidelity -- with no address or contact information should scream fraud to anyone. An escrow agent acts for both parties to a transaction and is a fiduciary for both parties. He/She/It has a host of duties. A missing address and contact information for YOUR agent should have sent warning signals to your "broker."

Finally, "if it sounds too good to be true" it is a lie. Any experienced business person, insurance agent, particularly one who sells liabilty or casualty products, much less any lawyer, can tell you that schemes like this one DO NOT WORK.

Chalk it up to a theft, file a complaint with everyone who might listen, band together with your "broker's" other clients to get a sufficient amount in issue to attract the attention of police agencies, etc. Also, I would have a heart-to-heart with whatever person talked me into this deal -- or, better yet, consult a lawyer about contacting that person.
"My Health is Better in November."
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

I'll tell you this much, Anthony Patrick Baratta is a piece of work. Looks like a boiler room lifer to me.

(Link)
We Take Risk Out of the Stock Market!

AXCESS Insurance: Turning Risk Into Reward

NEW YORK / March 13, 2003 — Determined to counter the economic downturn impacting other companies and to make a difference in the midst of today’s economic slump, AXCESS Insurance and its CEO are expanding their work-force and providing millions of Americans with an opportunity to supplement their incomes.

<Snip>

ABOUT AXCESS INSURANCE:
AXCESS is a unique insurance company with a “AAA” rated cash fund. The fund secures an insurance product known as the “Stop Loss Bond” that backs-up Policy Holder’s stock market investments with cash.

The Stop Loss Surety Bond Policy reduces risk of participating in the stock market and provides insurance coverage for all stock market investment vehicles. These include, among others: individual accounts, corporate accounts, 401(k), IRA, annuities, life insurance policies or any other stock market based investments.

The company’s principals are to reduce stock market risk for small or large individual or corporate accounts, to restore and sustain consumer and investor confidence, and to positively impact the US and World economies by providing a cash-backed fund which secures losses in stock market investments.

Actuaries and underwriters from the US, Europe, South America and Asia have had the opportunity to meet with CEO Anthony Baratta regarding the “Stop Loss Bond” policy and have walked-away in amazement as to the “formula” utilized. Not only is AXCESS Insurance a new, innovative and unique company, but the underlying blueprint and technique in underwriting risk in the stock market is revolutionary.

<Snip>

Arrangement for interviews from the CEO, Anthony Baratta, is available by calling 888.770.6252.

Susan Carpenter
Dir. Public Relations / Media
PHONE: 888.770.6252
FAX: 928.396.5687
EMAIL:

URL: http://www.axcessinsurance.com

Reducing Risk and Restoring Investor’s Confidence!

AXCESS Insurance Company, Inc., 244 5Th Avenue, Suite 2500, New York, NY 10001, USA
Telephone: (212) 561 – 1561 & Facsimile: (212) 591 – 6741
I wonder if he's the same Anthony Baratta who was involved in this PA Securities Commission press release regarding a flim flam Film Financing Network. The timeline fits and it's not like this sort of thing is beneath him.

Just putting the face to a name, and adding a heaping helping of horse apples:

Mystery Man Revealed: Anthony P. Baratta, Trustee of CORP-TRUST and infoSPOT’s Curbside Concierge Hit the Ground Running; Lawsuit Free
Washington D.C. (PRWEB) November 3, 2005

As a freelance writer for various business and technology publications, I do not often get nor take the opportunity to follow-up on a story. A general rule of thumb is to lay-down the big picture, deliver a message and move on to the next headline; until recently.

Some of my loyal readers have often asked me to follow-up on certain stories but rarely stories on specific people. On the other hand and perhaps without ever realizing, I have been following stories about Anthony P. Baratta for the past eight years. From banking and insurance to real estate finance and philanthropy; how can one person do or be involved in so much all on his own? After several months of intense probing, my staff and I have finally put a peg into knowing a little more about Anthony P. Baratta, Trustee.

Admittedly, over the past several years I have written and read various articles and have even published details regarding CORP-TRUST and its affiliated companies such as BARI Holdings, Stop Loss Bond, REIT Re, The Source of America, RE Bond and other related groups without ever being able to tie anyone specific to the companies other than spokespeople; now I know why.

Anthony Baratta is a 34-year-old success story to the fullest extent of the word. Starting-out on his own at the ripe old age of 16, he began developing speculative homes in Forest, Virginia where he got a taste of the business world. Through the years he continued his passion for real estate development and eventually became a major player in the purchasing and financing of Net Leased properties in and around the United States. Today, it is rumored that Anthony Baratta is the largest private holder of Net Leased properties in the USA but my staff’s attempts to confirm this are unfound as Mr. Baratta prides himself in his privacy.

On July 21, 2005, Anthony P. Baratta, Trustee for CORP-TRUST (USA), (EU) and CORP-TRUST International Holdings Trust, Ltd. assembled a team of twelve individuals who, under his sole direction, are changing the world around us. After an intense five week congress, the results led to the release of some of the most intriguing material and concepts of which I have ever written: infoSPOT and infoSPOT411, and Held Harmless.

<Snip>

In the lobby of PriceWaterhouseCoopers I met-up with John Coleman, a senior auditor who states: “Mr. Baratta has never ceased to amaze us. We find ourselves delved into various new projects in what seems to be every other month and they are all winners.” Baratta, who was named Businessman of the Year in 2003, is once again on his way to making his mark on our Nation.

Although Baratta has delved into the legal and technology services industry, it does not mean that he has stepped-away from his first love; real estate. My sources tell me that they have linked Baratta to a new US Treasury based real estate purchase and finance program that will perhaps make him the new Donald Trump (without all the negative publicity).

If you have or can share more details on CORP-TRUST, infoSPOT411, Held Harmless or its Trustee, Anthony P. Baratta, or any affiliated companies, please contact me.

###

Contact

Laura Reynolds, Senior Editor
AMERICAN ENTREPRENEUR PUBLICATIONS

And the hits keep coming, from the Florida office of Insurance Regulation:
June 30, 2003

850/ 413-2515
850/ 528-2868

Insurance Marketer Ordered to Stop Illegal Sales
-Unauthorized entity misused tribal designation to evade oversight

Tallahassee - The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation has ordered the Native Assurance Company, Inc., of Hollywood and Boca Raton, to stop transacting insurance business in the state. Additionally, the Office has ordered Native Assurance's associated entities and persons, including All Risk Underwriters, LLC and All Risk Holding, LLC, of Miami and Hallandale Beach, to cease insurance operations. The entities named are currently unlicensed and unauthorized to transact insurance in Florida.

Native Assurance claims to be operating under a certificate of authority from the Seminole Tribe of Florida and claims to be exempt from oversight under federal law having to do with Native Americans. However, the Seminole Tribe has not given authorization or approval to Native Assurance Company, Inc. or its associated entities.

Native Assurance is engaged in soliciting multiple insurance benefits including health, life and workers' compensation liability coverage. Native Assurance solicited business, and for agents to assist in its business, on an interactive website.

<Snip>

Entities and persons named in the immediate final order:

NATIVE ASSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
6333 North 39th St.
Hollywood, Florida 33024

NATIVE ASSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
Post Office Box 34
Boca Raton, Florida 33429

CHRIS OSCEOLA, President
Native Assurance Company, Inc.
6333 North 39th St.
Hollywood, Florida 33024

ANTHONY P. BARATTA, Director
Native Assurance Company, Inc.
6333 North 39th St.
Hollywood, Florida 33024

Director of Unlicensed Company Arrested in Florida
September 17, 2003

The Florida Department of Financial Services announced that the director of Hollywood-based Native Assurance Company has been charged with acting as an insurer without a certificate of authority. Native Assurance was ordered in June to cease its insurance operations, and in July the company lost a court challenge seeking federal protection as a Native American business.

Anthony Baratta was arrested late yesterday afternoon by investigators with the Department of Financial Services, Division of Insurance Fraud. He was booked into the Broward County Jail. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to five years in prison. Acting as an insurer without a certificate of authority is a third-degree felony.

Native Assurance had never sought state authority to transact insurance in Florida, and claimed to be exempt from state regulation because its president and sole officer, Chris Osceola, is a member of the Seminole Indian Tribe. The company argued that only the federal government could regulate businesses owned by Native Americans. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has said it has no connection with Native Assurance.
Anthony explains his side of the story on one of the free "press release" websites of which he is so fond.

Native Assurance Responds To The Florida Department Of Insurance's Actions

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Plantation, Fla./EWORLDWIRE/Sep. 8, 2003 --- On Friday, September 5, 2003, the Florida Department of Financial Services issued a press release regarding actions taken against Native Assurance Company, Inc. and its Director, Anthony Baratta, a South Florida Native Floridian. Mr. Baratta was cited for "operating an insurance company in the State of Florida without a Certificate of Authority", although, federally filed records indicate that Native Assurance had complied with the industry standards to the highest degree.

The overall concept was an ingenious attempt to provide complete insurance coverage to all Americans via a federally recognized insurance company. The company believed this concept would reduce insurance costs significantly and provide stronger (Federal rather than State) financial coverage to the consumer.

Prior to the establishment of the company, Mr. Baratta had made several inquiries to the Department of Insurance (DOI) and Department of Financial Services and discussed with them the concept. Unfortunately, at that time, the employees of the DOI were busy consolidating their offices into one location with the Florida Department of Financial Services and so responses as to legalities and proper set-up of the company went improperly answered or unanswered.
Bolding mine. So, he complied with the "highest degree" of industry standards except for actually getting a license to operate within that industry or even bothering to find out if there was a license for him to get? I perceive that Anthony is more of an "idea guy" than a "detail person" but this is ridiculous. And his defense is that no one ever told him that he can't pretend to run an insurance company. Gee, who'd a thunk it?

There is more (of the same) at the link above.
wserra

Post by wserra »

And here is another version of the scam. Why, it's trivially simple:
IT’S A THREE STEP PROCESS:

1. Enroll in the Program
2. Execute your Promissory Note
3. Get Funded
Their dictionary defines "Get Funded" as "Just Try to Find Us".

Oh, and when you click on the PayPal links, you get:
Held Harmless International Holdings Trust
This recipient is currently unable to receive money.
Return to Held Harmless International Holdings Trust

PayPal

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Held Harmless International Holdings Trust and try another option.
Such as "Go to a bank".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or, maybe this is a not so subtle hint to hang on to your money!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Scambook report:
http://www.scambook.com/report/view/125 ... 285,000.00

Facebook page on held harmless:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Held-Har ... 0422071886

Then there is this:
http://harmlesspromotions.blogspot.com/
Assuming Control of HELD HARMLESS
Dear Clients, Associates and Others Privy Hereto:

On or about October 2011, our Founding Board of Directors sold-out our interests of HELD HARMLESS and HARMLESS Holdings Trust to a substantial private equities investment firm based out of the United Kingdom. The sale was negotiated and took place as Mr. Baratta, the Founding Trustee, had been away from his corporate responsibilities on Personal and Medical Leave. Nevertheless, the sale took place with a strict written agreement asserting the new organization will continue, grow and produce according to the terms and conditions of our Mission Statement.
Over the past several months, we have been in receipt of various complaints of non-performance and in spite of our warnings to correct the matter, we have not see nor found resolve in our Client’s favor.

With the above mentioned, please be advised that the Founding Board of Directors, headed by the Founder of the Organization, Mr. Anthony Baratta, have proceeded to reassume and take-back-over the organization (HELD HARMLESS and HARMLESS Holdings Trust) with the goal of correcting the performance issue, refunding enrollment fees and rectifying damages all of which will be processed under a Class Action Lawsuit against the United Kingdom based entity.
As a matter of keeping you well advised, a formal complaint has already been filed by Mr. Anthony Baratta and the Board of Directors and, further, a request to the governing bodies of the United Kingdom has been issued to seize assets for which to certify 100% satisfaction of damages by all parties.

If you have suffered any damages or have an open file with HELD HARMLESS and/or HARMLESS Holdings Trust, we are hereby asking of you to identify yourself and your position via email to: HH.Damages@gmail.com. Within your email, we ask for your Name, Contact Information, Transaction Details, Your Desired Action (continue to fund or receive a refund) and any other damages sustained by the non-performance.
Each email will create an OPEN CASE FILE and will be submitted to the Board of Directors and Mr. Baratta so that they may name your case in the Class Action Claim against the UK Private Equity Firm.

On behalf of the Founder, Mr. Anthony Baratta, TTEE, and our Board of Directors, we sincerely apologize for the lost time, damages and inconvenience. They are working diligently on correcting the problem and making each person whole.
Eric Silver, Chief Investigator
HARMLESS Holdings Trust
Posted by Harmless.Promotions
I'm sure Anthony jumped right on this and made everything right.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And the comedy, and fiction, just keeps right on a rollin'.

Gee, a fictitious board of trustees sells out their interest to an even more fictitious "investment firm", and then the fictitious board of trustees moves to take it back from aforesaid fictitious "investment firm", I mean, what more fantasy could you ask for. And imagine, they did all this without having to step in to a courtroom, yeah right.

Amazing what you can do with a word processing program and a half way decent printer these days.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.