"Pox Parties"

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: "Pox Parties"

Post by Demosthenes »

JamesVincent, you are indeed going to hate it when you get old. None of my past bone breaks bother me much (just the collar bone aches a bit when I get cold), but I had dislocated my knee cap a few times in my 20s and 30s and that gets nasty arthritis in the winter.
Demo.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Oh yeah, forgot the 3 fingers I broke.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:JamesVincent, you are indeed going to hate it when you get old. None of my past bone breaks bother me much (just the collar bone aches a bit when I get cold), but I had dislocated my knee cap a few times in my 20s and 30s and that gets nasty arthritis in the winter.
Not necessarily "old", it only took fifteen years for all my injuries to become huge headaches.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Two years ago I paid a rheumatologist $400 to hear her say, "I can't help you, you're a mass of old injuries." Trust me, kids, the old bone breaks are achy in bad weather, but it's the torn rotator cuffs and destroyed ligaments and herniated disks that really hurt. Being allergic to opiates sucks.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

JamesVincent wrote:Oh yeah, forgot the 3 fingers I broke.
I've had a bunch of those too. They didn't bug me until I started using an iPad.
Demo.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The only thing that really bothers me now is where I blew my knee in the Guard and where I broke my leg and tore my ankle up last year. Theres mornings when I wake up and my ankles stiff and I go to stretch it and it pops loud enough the kids will run in the room and ask me what fell off the wall. My knee after the first 5-6 miles of walking will start to lock up or after 1/2 mile of running so no more 2 mile runs for me. My hip will wiggle around randomly when walking and gets kinda uncomfortable and that was from over 20 years ago. The shoulders only really bother me when Im working over my head which I try not to do too much cuz when they hurt, they HURT. All the things I did to my hands over the years from playing drums to martial arts to just random stupid things means I have the beginnings of Arthritis in both hands which I work out with constant stretching of my hands. Same thing basically with my legs and knees. So yeah, Im familiar with things getting better with age..... :brickwall:
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"