Don Allen Holbrook LLC Sues Soapboxmom & Half of the Planet

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Don Allen Holbrook LLC Sues Soapboxmom & Half of the Pla

Post by notorial dissent »

WES, I think the phrase you are looking for is "grasping at straws", comes about from having set up your deck chairs on the upper bridge of the Titanic and then suddenly realizing that your feet are getting wet.

It is beginning to look more and more like Holbrook's lawyer has finally figured out, or maybe gotten a dim glimmer, hard to tell at this point, that she has taken a position she really can't defend, and is falling back on the old maxim that if you can't argue the law, bury them with blather until they surrender. Her problem, other than the obvious ones with the case and her position, is that the people she has taken on aren't going to roll over and play dead and that ultimately she isn't going to be able to support her arguments.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

Corporation Details

Corporation Details
Entity Number 2102894
Business Name DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, L.L.C.
Filing Type FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Status Active
Original Filing Date 04/25/2012
Expiry Date
Agent / Registrant Information
SUE SEEBERGER
5975 KENTSHIRE DRIVE
DAYTON,OH 45440
Effective Date: 04/25/2012
Contact Status: Active
Filings
Filing Type Date of Filing Document Number/Image
REG. OF FOR. PROFIT LIM. LIAB. CO. 04/25/2012 201211800791
Holbrook's nutty attorney personally registered his LLC with herself as registered agent at her business address the day after Huber Heights filed suit.

I love the articles, threads and posts she brays about in her filing:

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post26178

Holbrook came on the Kingwood Underground on May 8th in response to my posts beginning on April 26th. I repeat. I did not loan out my time travel broomstick and I will not turn that top secret scambusting device over in discovery either. So, how did Huber Heights read all these things ages before they were even posted and decide to send Holbrook packing on March 14??? Not to mention the posts consist of truth, facts and opinion.

http://kingwoodunderground.com/topic.js ... d=11722526
Don A Holbrook --- 93 days ago - quote - hide comments

Dear Readers of this blog, as stated, this is a serious legal issue. Please note that I am brining litigation against Ms. Soapboxmom (Heather Dobrott et al) she received a letter from my attorney which very carefully stated she has until May 11th to substantiate with valid facts and evidence of her Libel comments. Ms. Dobrott is digging herself a very deep legal hole and her malicious attacks on my business and my professional reputation are purposeful and with willful intent to harm my livelihood. She has made very poor decisions in business and ignorance of the law will not excuse her nor any of you who choose to continue in this libel from the liabilities that are piling on yourselves. By spreading libel and then encouraging others unwittingly to participate on this page is just bringing other previously innocent people into her web of fictional conspiracy. I would encourage anyone on this web page to take note in the recent $13M Texas award of damages to those folks using and promoting anonymous libel about innocent people. At the appropriate time we will know every computer ID that has made comments on any site that aids in this process and those that make such comments must be prepared to deal with the litigation that is coming this month. If you continue to comment on me, my business, and further ruin my professional reputation and/or harm my livelihood and/or personal affairs for libel, slander, defamation or other malicious intent you do so at your own risk. For some the damages has been done and avoiding litigation is impossible in my opinion, but for those of you bright enough to discontinue your libel comments you may still avoid litigation. Be smart and do not be baited into legal liabilities by a person such as Heather Dobrott. She obviously has too much time on her hands and her mind goes to conspiracy theories as her own form of sick entertainment. That is her own affair until it harms others with such malicious intent that it wrecks their business for spreading virally false information and doing so for her own self-gratification reasons.

Did Holbrook's attorney really think his online threats would silence folks blogging about his Earthquest debacle that made him and his LLC at least 1.2 million??

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

The idiotic filings continue. Seeberger does an outstanding job of arguing in favor of Cynthia Calvert's Motion to Dismiss. And, Don Holbrook's Affidavit is not to be missed!

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post27018
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

SBM, you rock.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent

And the unintended comedy just keeps on coming.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Breaking News!!!!
IN THE COMMON PLEAS COURT OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY, OHIO
CIVIL DIVISION
CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS, OHIO
Plaintiff,
v.
DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, LLC
Defendant/Third-Party Plaintiff
v.
Heather Dobrott, et al.,
Third-Party Defendants.
CASE NO. 2012-CV-02947
JUDGE MICHAEL TUCKER
NOTICE OF DISMISSAL WITHOUT
PREJUDICE OF THIRD-PARTY
DEFENDANTS THE HOUSTON
PRESS, THE HOUSTON PRESS D/B/A
VILLAGE VOICE MEDIA HOLDINGS,
LLC D/B/A HOUSTON PRESS, LP
D/B/A BACKPAGE.COM, LLC, AND
CRAIG MALISOW

Pursuant to Ohio R. Civ. P. 41(A)(1)(a), and Mont. Co. C. P. R. 2.15(I)(A), Defendant
and Third-Party Plaintiff Don Allen Holbrook, LLC gives notice that it dismisses, without
prejudice, its claims against Third-Party Defendants The Houston Press, The Houston Press d/b/a
Village Voice Media Holdings, LLC d/b/a Houston Press, LP d/b/a Backpage.com, LLC, and
Craig Malisow in the above-referenced matter.

Respectfully Submitted,
s/Sue Seeberger
Sue Seeberger (0059730)
5975 Kentshire Drive, Suite D
Dayton, Ohio 45440-4264
Voice: (937) 291-8646
Fax: (937) 291-8650
sueseeberger@biegeltye.com
Attorney for Defendant Don Allen
Holbrook, LLC
Don Allen Holbrook's frivolous harassment case is imploding. My delightful co-defendant's, The Houston Press and Craig Malisow, hadn't even responded to the lawsuit yet and they have been dismissed!!! Holbrook's attorney, Sue Seeberger, had agreed with the Houston Press and Craig Malisow's attorney to extend the time for their responses to August 30, 2012. So, the paper and its finest reporter had not even answered yet and they are out. In fact, Seeberger just two days ago was still chasing my good man Craig around trying to serve him. Don Holbrook now looks like a total fool. Hilarious!!!!

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

ELECTRONICALLY FILED
COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:30:35 PM
CASE NUMBER: 2012 CV 02947 Docket ID: 17461522
GREGORY A BRUSH
CLERK OF COURTS MONTGOMERY COUNTY OHIO2

GENERAL DIVSION
CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS, OHIO.
Plaintiff,
v.
DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, LLC
Defendant /
Third-Party Plaintiff,
v.
HEATHER DOBROTT, et al.
Third-Party Defendants
)
)
CASE NO: 2012-CV-02947
JUDGE MICHAEL TUCKER
Third-Party Defendants
Heather Dobrott, Cynthia Calvert,
and Hartburg Publications, LLC’s
Joint Reply Brief in Support of Their
Motions To Dismiss for
Lack of Personal Jurisdiction and
Motions to Quash Service of Process
Third-Party Defendants Heather Dobrott, Cynthia Calvert, and Hartburg Publications, LLC’s respectfully renew their request that this matter be dismissed for lack of personal jurisdiction.

Defendant / Third-Party Plaintiff Don Allen Holbrook, LLC’s Responses in
Opposition to have no merit for two reasons:
 Holbrook fails to make a prima facie evidentiary showing that Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg’s publications “caus[ed] tortious injury…in this state,” which is a necessary requirement to confer personal jurisdiction under Ohio’s long-arm statute; and  Holbrook fails to make a prima facie showing that Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg purposefully availed themselves of Ohio’s laws, which is a necessary requirement under the Due Process Clause of the United States Constitution.

For these reasons, Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg respectfully request this Court to dismiss Holbrook’s claims against them for lack of personal jurisdiction and improper service of process.

A. THERE IS NO JURISDICTION UNDER OHIO’S LONG-ARM STATUTE—THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT DOBROTT, CALVERT, AND HARTBURG CAUSED A TORTIOUS INJURY IN OHIO.

i. Holbrook has not presented any evidence or made a prima facie case supporting its claim for jurisdiction.
It is undisputed that Ohio’s long-arm statute requires Holbrook to show that Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg “caused] tortious injury…in this state” in order to prove personal jurisdiction over these out-of-state defendants. R.C. 2307.382(A). Holbrook has the burden of establishing the Court's jurisdiction. Kerger v. Dentsply Int'l, Inc., 8th Dist. No. 94430, 2011-
Ohio-84, ¶11. Holbrook must make a prima facie evidentiary showing of jurisdiction to withstand the motion to dismiss—an evidentiary showing sufficient to convince reasonable minds that this Court has jurisdiction. Id. (citing Giachetti v. Holmes, 14 Ohio App.3d 306, 471
N.E.2d 165 (1984) and Klug v. Trivison, 137 Ohio App.3d 838, 739 N.E.2d 1243 (2000)).

It is Holbrook’s burden, therefore, to come forward with sufficient evidence to make a prima facie showing of causation. He has not done so. Instead, he has provided this Court with abject speculation built upon hearsay. Holbrook has only provided inadmissible hearsay statements that Huber Heights representatives received a “strange” telephone call and had
researched information on the internet about him. He hopes that this Court will speculate, as he has, that the telephone call and the articles came from Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg and further speculate, as he has, that these statements caused Huber Heights to end its business
relationship with him. This Court cannot and should not hale three Texas residents to Ohio to participate in litigation built upon speculations based solely on hearsay.3

ii. There is no evidence that anyone in Ohio read anything published by Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg before Huber Heights ended its business relationship with Holbrook. Holbrook contends that its alleged injuries occurred on February 29, 2012. Def’s 2d Am. Third-Party Complaint, June 22, 2012, ¶12. Yet, there is no evidence or even an allegation
that anyone in Ohio had ever read the articles by Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg before February 29, 2012. Even Holbrook himself admits he was ignorant of these publications until after March 14, 2012. See Holbrook Aff. ¶6-9.

Holbrook’s responses to Dobrott’s and Calvert’s motions include affidavits from three individuals: Shelli Nestle, Roger Reynolds, and Steven Carne. All three affiants claimed that they accessed Dobrott’s publications on the internet. Conspicuously absent, however, is any testimony suggesting that the affiants—or anyone else in the State of Ohio—viewed Dobrott’s
publications before February 29, 2012. The closest Holbrook comes to establishing this essential part of its prima facie case is the following statement in Carne’s affidavit: I spoke to Mayor Fisher on March 15, 2012 and Mayor Fisher told me that Jim Borland, Acting City Manager…gave [Council Member Mark] Campbell copies of internet research on Don Allen Holbrook and that Mr. Campbell gave copies to Mr. Fisher.

Carne Aff., ¶6. Of course, Carne’s statement about what Mayor Fisher told him is pure hearsay and is not admissible evidence. But even if this Court were willing to consider the statement, there is no evidence that this alleged “internet research” included any publication by Calvert,
Dobrott, or Hartburg. Moreover, it fails to identify (among other things): the date on which the “internet research” was performed; the date on which the documents were provided to Council Member Campbell; a description of the documents that were included in the “copies” that were
provided to Council Member Campbell; or any description of any action taken by anyone in response to this “internet research.”4
Holbrook’s response to Calvert and Hartburg’s motion to dismiss was also supported by an affidavit of Don Allen Holbrook.
Therein, he claims:
On February 29, 2012, I received an e-mail from Gary Adams, City Manager at
the time, in which Mr. Adams told me that he had been contacted by a reporter in a city near Houston, Texas asking if the city had a contract with [Holbrook],
which Mr. Adams said he confirmed, and then Mr. Adams told me in the e-mail
that it was a “strange conversation”, but that he was not concerned about it
because it did not pertain to the City.

Holbrook Aff. ¶3. Holbrook’s statement about what Gary Adams said is also inadmissible hearsay, and Holbrook’s statement about what Adams said that an unidentified reporter said is inadmissible double hearsay. Once again, however, even if this Court were willing to consider this testimony, it does not identify the name of the reporter or the substance of the conversation.
If anything, this statement exonerates Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg because, by Holbrook’s own admission, the “strange conversation . . . did not pertain to the City.” Finally, Holbrook offers no support for its suggestion that this Court must accept the conclusory allegations in its pleadings as true. Holbrook alleges that Huber Heights ended its business relationship with him as a result of publications by Dobrott, Calvert, and/or Hartburg.

But he has provided not a scintilla of actual evidence that anyone in Ohio read any publications before February 29, 2012. Because Holbrook has no evidence to support its allegations that Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg “caus[ed] tortious injury…in this state,” on or before that date, he has not made a prima facie showing that the Ohio long-arm statute can establish personal
jurisdiction over them. Accordingly, this Court should grant the motion to dismiss.

Nestle, Reynolds, and Crain’s affidavits were also attached to Holbrook’s response to Calvert and Hartburg’s motion. None of these affidavits make any direct reference to publications by Calvert or Hartburg. To the extent
they can be read to do so indirectly, Calvert and Hartburg incorporate the same arguments and objections raised in
the preceding paragraph.5
B. AN EXERCISE OF JURISDICTION WOULD OFFEND DUE PROCESS; HOLBROOK HAS FAILED TO OFFER ANY EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT DOBROTT, CALVERT, OR HARTBURG PURPOSEFULLY AVAILED THEMSELVES OF OHIO LAW.

Even if this Court were to conclude that Holbrook has come forward with sufficient evidence to invoke the Ohio long-arm statute—which he plainly has not—Holbrook has no evidence or legal authority to support its claim that Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg’s due process rights would not be violated if this Court were to assert personal jurisdiction over them.

Holbrook’s entire argument on this issue is based on selective quotations from the Ohio Supreme Court’s opinion in Kauffman Racing Equip., L.L.C. v. Roberts, 126 Ohio St. 3d 81, 2010-Ohio-2551, 930 N.E.2d 784. The Kauffman Court held that an out-of-state defendant could be subject
to the jurisdiction of Ohio’s courts for defamatory statements posted on the internet about an Ohio corporation. This holding, however, turned on the fact that the plaintiff came forward with evidence of the following to make a prima facie showing that the defendant’s had purposefully
availed himself of Ohio’s laws:

[The defendant] knew that [the plaintiff] was an Ohio company. [The defendant] impugned the activities that [the defendant] undertakes in Ohio. [The defendant] hoped that his commentary would have a devastating effect on [the plaintiff] and that if there were fallout from his comments, the brunt of the harm would be felt in Ohio.

Id. at ¶56. The Kauffman Court held that, to find jurisdiction in Ohio, the tortious activity must have been “calculated to cause injury in a focal point where the brunt of the injury would occur.” Id. at ¶66 (internal quotations omitted). As discussed at length in Dobrott, Calvert, and Hartburg’s motions to dismiss, the facts of this case are clearly distinguishable: (1) Holbrook is not an Ohio-based entity—it’s an Arizonaregistered entity, and Holbrook, the individual, is a Nevada resident; (2) none of Dobrott,
Calvert, and Hartburg’s publications about Holbrook before February 29, 2012 involved its activities in Ohio—they were all about projects in Nevada and Texas; and (3) neither Dobrott,6 Calvert, nor Hartburg had reason to believe that “the brunt” of any alleged harm from their
publications would be felt in Ohio—none of them had any reason to suspect that he was operating in Ohio until February 29, 2012. Accordingly, Holbrook has not made a prima facie showing of purposeful availment, a required element of this Court’s due-process analysis.

As discussed in their motions to dismiss, the facts of this case are properly analogized to Reynolds v. International Amateur Ath. Fedn., 23 F.3d 1110 (6th Cir. 1994), 2 Cadle Co. v. Schlichtmann, 6th Cir. No. 04-3145, 123 Fed. Appx. 675 (Feb. 8, 2005), and Oasis Corp. v. Judd, 132 F.Supp.2d 612, 614 (S.D. Ohio 2001). In all three cases, the courts concluded that Ohio courts did not have personal jurisdiction over non-resident defendants for defamation
claims that arose from out-of-state publications that were not targeted at an Ohio audience or an Ohio entity. The same result should follow here.

CONCLUSION
Holbrook has not made a prima facie showing that either the Ohio long-arm statute or the due process clause of the United States Constitution would permit this Court to exercise personal jurisdiction over Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg. Accordingly, Dobrott, Calvert, or Hartburg
respectfully request that all of Holbrook’s claims against them be dismissed pursuant to Civ.R.
12(b)(2).

Contrary to Holbrook’s assertion, the Ohio Supreme Court’s opinion in Kauffman did not “reject” the Sixth Circuit’s analysis in Reynolds. Instead, it concluded that “the distinguishing aspects in Reynolds are not in play
here.” Kauffman, at ¶ 60. As discussed in detail in the motions to dismiss, the distinguishing aspects in Reynolds are analogous to the present case.7

Respectfully Submitted,
/s/ Adam R. Webber_________
ADAM R. WEBBER, Esq.
Bar No. 0080900
FALKE & DUNPHY, LLC
30 Wyoming Street
Dayton, Ohio 45409
Phone: 937.222.3000
Fax: 937.222.1414
Email: webber@ohiolawyers.cc

KEVIN W. KITA, Esq.
Bar No. 0088029
SUTTER O’CONNELL
3600 Erieview Tower
1301 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Phone: (216) 928-2200
Fax: (216) 928-4400
Email: kkita@sutter-law.com

MATTHEW J. KITA, Esq.
Admitted Pro Hac Vice
Ohio Bar No. PHV – 2978-2012
Texas Bar No. 24050883
P.O. Box 5119
Dallas, Texas 75208
Phone: (214) 699-1863
Fax: (214) 347-7221
Email: matt@mattkita.com
Attorneys for Third-Party Defendants
Heather Dobrott, Cynthia Calvert, and
Hartburg Publications, LLC8
Holbrook's case appears to be falling apart. Maybe, he should have concentrated on securing funding for the Earthquest deal he cooked up instead of filing frivolous, harassment suits against those that published the real story behind Earthquest.

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post27594

The filings are most amusing. The city's response to Holbrook's Counterclaim is classic. Is anyone surprised they denied:
52. Upon information and belief, on or before March 14, 2012, defamatory, untrue, derogatory, and false postings from internet bloggers about Don Allen Holbrook, LLC were distributed and circulated to the City Staff and members of the City Council without any notice to Don Allen Holbrook, LLC.
The Houston Press and Craig Malisow are out before even having responded. I wonder what part of Holbrook's case will implode next??? The decisions on the city's Motion to Strike and the 3 Motions to Dismiss will be coming soon.

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

A bizarre update on the Earthquest Institute from Holbrook himself:

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post27971
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

CIVIL DIVISION
CITY OF HUBER HEIGHTS, OHIO
Plaintiff,
v.
DON ALLEN HOLBROOK, LLC
Defendant/Third-Party Plaintiff
v.
Heather Dobrott, et al.,
Third-Party Defendants.
CASE NO. 2012-CV-02947
JUDGE MICHAEL TUCKER
NOTICE OF DISMISSAL WITH
PREJUDICE OF THIRD-PARTY
DEFENDANTS STEPHENS MEDIA
LLC D/B/A THE PAHRUMP VALLEY
TIMES
Pursuant to Ohio R. Civ. P. 41(A)(1)(a), and Mont. Co. C. P. R. 2.15(I)(A), Defendant
and Third-Party Plaintiff Don Allen Holbrook, LLC gives notice that it dismisses, with prejudice,
its claims against Third-Party Defendants Stephens Media LLC d/b/a Pahrump Valley Times in
the above-referenced matter.
Respectfully Submitted,
s/Sue Seeberger
Sue Seeberger (0059730)
5975 Kentshire Drive, Suite D
Dayton, Ohio 45440-4264
Voice: (937) 291-8646
Fax: (937) 291-8650
sueseeberger@biegeltye.com
Attorney for Defendant Don Allen
Holbrook, LLC

Holbrook is dropping his case against yet another party that didn't even file a formal response yet. His attempt to silence the taxpayers discussing his Earthquest debacle has been a colossal failure. This certainly speaks to the merits of his case!
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://kingwoodunderground.com/topic.js ... 722526#END
draino --- 1 hours ago - quote - hide comments

Soap Box Mom;

You seem to be deranged and self-absorbed with your own ideals in my opinion, of what is going on in situations and never even consider the other side of situations.

I don't know why you think you are the judge, jury and executioner in matters of legalities, but your ideas and comments are absurd and vigilantism went out with the wild west,

For example tactical situations in matters of the law are that you don't even consider that perhaps the other sides attorney's cut deals with Holbrook to settle out of court. Secondary to that in my own opinion, he is probably cutting loose and settling with them to focus on you and your cyber thugs and bullies as a major focus... he surely does not have any intent on letting you off the hook. Even if you manage to avoid him in Ohio he will probably just sue you in Texas for your defamatory comments. He certainly did not dismiss you, Cynthia Calvert or Frank Maurizio and rumor has it the PVT settled to avoid litigation at least that is what is being stated in Pahrump. Lastly, I would wager that he will be relentless in his pursuit of you for your hounding of him and his family and trying to ruin in livelihood. Quite candidly you deserve to get your trap shut up... we are all tired of listening to you. I know you like to listen to yourself and you seem to have nothing better to do than to torment Mr. Holbrook, but get a life! Really you are so self-absorbed and righteous in your statements it sickens most normal folks. I read that he posted a pretty good outline of what went on with EQI and that does not seem like someone trying to avoid telling the story, he is smart not to respond to you, you would only attack him more and then blast all his clients and past clients with your negative blather. You are in my opinion one sick individual.

You fail to mention in your comments that the Judge ruled against Huber Heights on 2 of their motions and dismissed two claims and told the City they had until next Monday to produce some factual evidence of their other claims... so I think Holbrook is actually on the momentum of winning not failing in his case. I'd watch out according to my sources he has won all his previous suits and you may just be next in his legal sights. Why don't you admit you have no evidence of your statements and apologize to the man and get your own life back and allow him to do the same? Your bad kharma will only bring you pain and emotional distress because what we sow we reap.

BTW:

Rumor has it that the Houston Chronicle may be doing an expose on EMCID and that people are coming forward to tell the behind the scene antics of the new board and past board and what they don't want the public to know about.

The new board and their new Chairperson Connie Bloodworth and Vicki Floyd have already created legal problems for EMCID in their own righteous indignation of promises and contracts they have broken and/or not honored... as a public agency you would think folks could trust EMCID to do honorable business but apparently they do not honor their obligations. EQI is just one example of them purposefully avoiding their own responsibility as the organization that enabled the creation of it and paid for the majority of the staff fees the first two years... they also promised the staff that they would make sure they were fully paid for their time if they continued to work but now according to the FB post they have selective memory on these topics.

Not very good when you can't trust EMCID to pay their promised financial obligations and then shameless for the EMCID board to place the scrutiny on the unpaid staff of EQI for responding to the media and government on these matters. EMCID's chairperson was the chair of EQI by nature of a guaranteed board seat in the organizing charter according to the FB post.

Looks like statutorily compliant corruption is alive and well in Texas as well. EMCID should do the right thing by the vendors and former staff of EQI and pay the account current and let the new board and EMCID decide how to go forward instead of letting all those folks get stuck with the bill, that EMCID helped to create. SHAMELESS!

That comes from a good source I have in the area that is in the media business.
Gee, I just can't imagine what numbskull could have written this lovely missive!!

I vote that not another taxpayer dime ever go to Holbrook!

Soapboxmom
notorial dissent

Gee SBM, you seem to have a fan er stalker. How special!!! Right off the top of my head I can only think of one individual who could, or would, wax so righteously indignant on DH's behalf.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Soapboxmom;

Again, in my opinion you are a wholly sick individual with some wicked sense of self-righteous and self-absorbed need to be heard. You really do need mental help. I am of the opinion that you are just whacked.

Either that or you are truly a vile and evil person with a dark heart and pure malevolent soul. This path you have taken will only create hurt, eventual emotional distress and the damnation of your soul to the fiery pits from which it seems you must have been spawned. You are doing nothing but bringing sorrow and shame upon your own family and for what basis. People hate you and curse your soul and pray for your demise... with so much hatred out there directed at you, you are doomed to a pitiful life.

Holbrook did not steal taxpayer's monies. He was hired by the EMCID and EQI to do the mission they asked him to do. He did not create the idea for EarthQuest Don Lessem did. Yet you blame the person that was hired and that the others admit did his job to their own satisfaction for the problems related to their project and for the decisions they made. Holbrook told them right up front what his fees were per hour... they hired him knowing the situation with full disclosure... it seems to me you have taken the crusade to the wrong doorstep.

You forced him to sue you because you defamed him. In fact he has broken no laws and done nothing wrong. You are the one that has the wrong interpretation of the first amendment. Freedom of speech does not entitle you to defame or libel another person.

Since you believe people are stealing tax payers monies why not go after the real culprits in the last four years that have stolen billions of dollars of real taxpayers monies the bankers. They even created a global economic crisis. Now that is challenge not even you are up to.

Your continued fight with Holbrook just demonstrates your own shortfalls. The only true fans you have are that Fat turd Loud Mouth Pantherdad, who is probably as big a loser in my opinion as you are. Get over yourself and move on. People seem to hate you. I know that the entire Holbrook family probably feels you need to have a timely tornado come through Garland and create a modern version of the Wizard of Ozz on your house. No you're not Dorothy... you're the wicked witch the house lands on... watch out dark woman a house may just land on you eventually (speaking metaphorically of course).
I am feeling the love.

Let's review who started this feeding frenzy at the East Montgomery Improvement District trough and just who raked in the big bucks:

http://www.ourtribune.com/article.php?id=13452

http://ourtribune.com/article.php?id=13545

Now, that Holbrook has been publicly biting the hand that was feeding him, (EMCID and Frank McCrady) that should end his $185.00 an hour adventures!

Soapboxmom
notorial dissent

Yeah, "feeling the love" is a pretty good description there. Someone must have an awful lot of free time on their hands now that they are for all intents and purposes unemployed, and probably permanently unemployed.

Your lovenote poster has some really serious animosity there, and from the tone of it very personal as well, and a great deal of transference as well. My my.

A wee bit too much justification for some one not personally involved in the matter, wouldn't you say?

And then blaming you for something that was already long in the works before you ever became aware of it. Obviously easier to blame you for something that was self induced rather than face the unfortunate facts of where it all originated.

The fight, if there is one, is definitely coming from other quarters, and not yours.

Always someone else's fault seems to be the mantra here.

soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Holbrook needn't be totally bereft of entertainment nor employment. I am sure Tim Darnell would be quite honored to go into business with Holbrook. They could produce hand-made special edition Soapboxmom voodoo dolls to market to all the scammers I have been harassing over the years. It would be the closest thing to going straight either one of them has managed in years!!

Soapboxmom
notorial dissent

But that would be like actual, well, work, you know, and I think Donny's allergic or something, might get his hands dirty or get all perspiry or something.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Court docket says:
09/17/2012 AMENDED COMPLAINT OF HUBER HEIGHTS; WITH JURY DEMAND ENDORSED HEREON FILED BY Joshua Kin
09/11/2012 NOTICE: PARTIAL DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE OF THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANT STEPHENS MEDIA DBA THE PAHRUMP VALLEY TIMES FILED BY SUE SEEBERGER
In a surprising coinkydink Holbrook is ranting on said paper:

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post28595

Will blunders never cease????

Soapboxmom
fjjm303

Post by fjjm303 »

Community Viewpoint
In the Pahrump Valley Times (09/21/12), there was a story titled, “Holbrook: My Side of the Story”. Mr. Holbrook pontificates about his past experiences on his work projects. He does not expand or relates to his past horrible projects. One is Red Wing Port Authority. He was the CEO of the development council. Holbrook’s employment history over recent years is also troubling. He was hired and subsequently fired in several locations, mired in controversy. In 1996, Holbrook hired by the Port Authority in Red Wing, Minnesota, and terminated in 1998 for questionable spending practices, falsifying his resume, etc. (Our Tribune, 2/7/12). He took the Authority to court on his firing. The court stated the Authority had not fired Mr. Holbrook properly.
Another story is the Lake Havsua, Arizona. In 2001, he was hired by the Lake Havasu Partnership for Economic Development but less than two years later, his employment contract not renewed. In 2004, Holbrook was hired by the Richmond, Indiana Economic Development Corporation but 16 months later, left in an acrimonious departure after excessive spending, unauthorized expenditures and other questionable practices came to light in the local newspaper (Our Tribune, 2/7/12).
Then there's the curious matter of the 2010 itinerary of the National Rural Economic Developers Association's conference, in which Holbrook is described as being "awarded a federal grant from the Obama Administration's Center for Rural Affairs to prepare a report highlighting best practices in creating green collar jobs across Rural America." We're not aware of any such government entity, and when we asked a representative at the NREDA where in the world they got this information, she told us that the NREDA just prints whatever comes their way without bothering to verify. (The only Center for Rural Affairs we could find was a Nebraska-based nonprofit)(Houston Press, 5/8/12).
Oddly, Mr. Holbrook filed Bankruptcy in Nevada. This occurs October 1, 2011. There was no indication that he listed the proceeds of the first part of the Pahrump Study. Also, there is no mention of grant monies received from a prior project. There was also a bankruptcy filing in Arizona in 2007. More oddities, the income listed on the 2011 filing does not add up to the auditor’s report of the EMCID. The income in the report was $773,963.43. Mr. Holbrook is also a co-owner of the Red Zeppelin Winery in California. This also does not appear on the filing, nor does his sons’ $35,000.00 a year exclusive prep school.
The silencing of taxpayers and citizenry who question how and where their tax dollars are spent will not be tolerated. Holbrook has stated, “he worked on over 100 projects representing over $1 billion...in capital investment, generating more than 50,000 jobs in his nearly 20 years in the profession”. All we ask that he provide proof of those statements. But nothing has been produced. :?: :naughty: :Axe:
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Holbrook's in for a load of fun. The FBI and more are investigating the EMCID.

http://www.ourtribune.com/article.php?id=14113

I have taken the liberty of purchasing all the juicy archived articles from various places where he has been most unceremoniously canned and those can be read as well. Who is bringing the popcorn??

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post29303

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

http://www.realscam.com/f11/don-allen-h ... #post31249

Don Holbrook's sickening attack on the John and Jane Does (taxpayers commenting on a matter of public concern) has ended. All of the remaining defendants in his third-party lawsuit in Ohio have been dismissed by the judge, so that case is effectively over. We taxpayers have every right to comment on Earthquest and his bid to drag everyone into court in Ohio was beyond ridiculous. Frank McCrady best check out people he is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to much more carefully! We taxpayers are watching!!!

Soapboxmom