Job Offer Scams

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Jabrjo

Job Offer Scams

Post by Jabrjo »

Be on the lookout for the job offer scam. I've received a couple of these lately. The most recent claims to be from International Logistics Group wanting me to receive packages and resend them back out to other people using the pre-paid lables they send me. That was all they said in the emails. I played along to get as much information I could out of them. When I received the agreement to sign, it also states that I would be receiving payments from some of the customers which of course I would have to send to the company (probably by Western Union or Money Gram) After cashing some bogus checks at my bank. They claim to be out of country, but the website link they gave me is a company out of Boston, MA. Funny thing is, they are supposed to have a 24 hour telephone number to reach them, but it is a fax number. I did some checking and that company in Boston was bought out by another company and this scammer has kept up their old website, but changed the contact number to a fax line.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Job Offer Scams

Post by Arthur Rubin »

This is one of the principle "work at home" scams. I'm sure we have information about it somewhere here, but I'm glad you found it (and us) before signing.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95