Alex Jones on BBC's Sunday Politics

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Alex Jones on BBC's Sunday Politics

Post by Lambkin »

They describe his outburst as "spectacular" but to me it looks calculated. Impressive bloviation though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Alex Jones on BBC's Sunday Politics

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Lambkin wrote:They describe his outburst as "spectacular" but to me it looks calculated. Impressive bloviation though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994
One reason why I don't watch TV these days. So much for checking him out before hand. Of course the interviewer could have shut him up by asking "which conspiracy theories don't you believe in?"
The reply from elsewhere: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts ... 3061071421
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Of course its calculated. I am tired of this over bloated egotistical pea brain arse hole. I would hope Britain would keep him as a trade for Pierce Morgan. At least Morgan isnt a blow hard on the CIA dole that make people that question the government look like quacks... From a friend of mine that attended the farce of a protest over there, fools were regurgitating Jones's the mantra, "The answer to 1984, is 1776." like are you all for real?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:From a friend of mine that attended the farce of a protest over there, fools were regurgitating Jones's the mantra, "The answer to 1984, is 1776." like are you all for real?
I'm thinking that they're picturing a 1776 with TV, smartphones, gaming consoles, indoor plumbing and YouTube. 'Cause really, what's 1776 without Grand Theft Auto on the weekend, YouTube tirades during the week and Angry Birds on the toilet.

Ah, the good ole days....

ETA: Not into that conspiracy theory about Jones being on the CIA dole, but he certainly is a blowhard.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Well, after Cirino left the Browns, we had traveled around gaining support of the anti war activists and veterans groups for a project that was to be a homeless shelter, a physical therapy facility and a mental health care center for veterans which was to be built on land donated to us by those at Camp Casey. In order for such a large project to take off, we needed donations and financial support. That is where Amy Williamson stepped in, she and Jones arranged a meeting to scout for investors. They gave Cirino a ton of paperwork to fill out as far as estimates of how much materials and labor may cost. We crunched numbers, he filled the packet out and they arranged a meeting. He went to it, and on his way back he called telling me what occurred, not sure if he was going to make it home alive.

He told me there were people with the CIA looking for people to pull off acts of terrorism, groups of people to do these operations. He refused to participate and headed back home. He was not feeling too well and that is when he called me, thinking that there was something in the car that was making him tired and sleepy. Eventually after a short nap he made it back. For the next three days after that, Amy Williamson called every hour on the hour along with others that tried to persuade him to change his mind on the matter, telling him if he didnt, there would be consequences to silence him. She was calling up til that morning of the raid. But did not tell me Amy was in on the whole matter. I still assumed she was a friend of his. I had no idea she was what she was.

Months later I finally put two and two together and wrote a blog exposing her, in which she was furious. She called my father in law, demanding he take the blog down off Cirino's myspace. Jose told her he did not give into threats of intimidation after she told him we did not know whom we were messing with. Then it was just a matter of time that she filed a false report on my father in law and my brother in law, claiming they had drove out to Round Rock and assaulted her. Jose was arrested, but not my brother in law who at the time was still a police officer, and the chief told the Marshals he was on the clock at the time of the alleged assault occurred. Eventually after spending about 9 days in jail, we raised bail money, we fought the matter in court and the charges were eventually dismissed.

Some time ago, I received emails from her ex boyfriend that wished not to be revealed, that sent documents on her similar actions on him. He told me about her connection to Jones. Then about 2 years ago, Amy's former baby sitter and former neighbor shinned more light on the matter and reconfirmed the Williamson and Jones connection, along with their infiltrating of several activist groups along with the Ron Paul meetup groups. She was taping people with a recording device that she hid in her panties. There are people that were apart of this operations that I have outed that have lost me a number of so called frienemies, and even family.

You all have a misconception of Cirino, none the less, he is no domestic terrorist and only wanted to help people whose lives were at risk. Hind sight at this whole mess, I see some of those that were inclusive to the operations that the Jones- Williamson-CIA were trying to recruit have gone off the radar, while at least one of the people that I believed to have been apart of that has made an attempt to blow a gas pipe line up last year or so but instead blew himself up. I have no sympathy for that guy.

There is still much I dont know as far as behind the scene stuff, since Cirino was arrested a short time after all of this went down, he cant really make commentary on the whole matter until he is free once again. When that day comes, a lot more will be revealed.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I'd put a lot of money on the CIA having nothing to do with Jones.

I'd put almost as much on the FBI paying Jones to turn over data on who posts the biggest threats in response to his idiocy.
VanMeters Revenge wrote:He told me there were people with the CIA looking for people to pull off acts of terrorism, groups of people to do these operations. He refused to participate and headed back home.
Who were the people Reno has assumed were CIA? I've heard a couple of conflicting stories on what happened behind the scenes.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can't imagine CIA being involved in this, I can imagine someone trying to scam Reno going to those lengths, and at least to me it makes more sense.

Somehow, I can't see the FBI having to actually pay good ole Alex "never met a conspiracy he didn't believe" Jones a thing. I would think all they'd need to do was monitor his blatherings and they'd get all the information they needed without putting out a dime. I mean, isn't he the one who posts everything that his "fans" send him at some point or another jsut to prove all the conspiracies he believes in?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Donna - I'm one of the few folks around who has actually been involved in a case which depended in a major way on a real-life government agent provocateur. Involved for years, at that. I'll go farther than Demo: there is no way a bloviating nutjob like Jones is a government agent provocateur.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

There is some evidence that he's sharing info with the FBI. And my guess if that they're paying him for it, just like they paid Hal Turner.
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

There's a significant difference between a paid informant and an agent provocateur. In fact, the usual FBI informant agreement (at least as of fifteen years ago, when I last operated in that world) specifically prohibits such activities. I would not be surprised if it turned out that Jones had received money from the FBI for information. I would be astounded if he affirmatively acted under its direction.
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:There's a significant difference between a paid informant and an agent provocateur. In fact, the usual FBI informant agreement (at least as of fifteen years ago, when I last operated in that world) specifically prohibits such activities. I would not be surprised if it turned out that Jones had received money from the FBI for information. I would be astounded if he affirmatively acted under its direction.
I completely agree. It's why the FBI ultimately cut Turner off financially and eventually prosecuted him.

It's a fine line between paid informant and provocateur, though, in the mind of the person cashing the checks. You're only going to get paid if you have something to offer.
Demo.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:You're only going to get paid if you have something to offer.
And if you need the money but have nothing to offer at the moment, creating something to offer can be very tempting. Yes, I've seen that happen. I've also seen law enforcement appear to look the other way when it does. But Jones is such a loose cannon, and what he does is so public, that I can't imagine it in his case.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As I said previously, I don't see whey they would have to pay anything when he so conveniently will plaster it all over his websites for free. My impression is that Jones is incapable of keeping his mouth shut about anything.

The fact that nothing of any value ever comes out of it is just a function of someone living that far in whatever cloud cuckoo land he currently inhabits.

I can imagine him attracting all sorts of whackadoos to him, and as long as they don't dispute his wisdom, I can't see him censoring anything they send his way.

I mean honestly, would any sane individual ever trust, let alone believe anything he said?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

And I rather enjoyed the ending commentary by the BBC host...

http://gawker.com/bbc-interview-with-al ... -512378130
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold