Jonathan Wade Short

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Jonathan Wade Short

Post by JamesVincent »

Kinda falls into the other scam part. Apparently, Mr. Short (cough) has been a very bad boy. He had enough problems getting respect he decided to get it the old fashioned way, he impersonated it. He not only impersonated an Army non-com, he went whole hog. As you can see from the pictures he decided it would be awesome to be an Airborne Ranger from the 101st who served in Afghanny, complete with CIB and jump badges. Oh, did I mention he also shot expert? Why, pray tell, did he do this thing? Let me let the District Attorney explain:
Between October 6, 2012, and approximately November 16, 2012, in Hardin County, defendant Short, did repeatedly ask A.V. to send him money under the false premise that he needed money to help defray the expenses related to his son’s emergency medical treatment at Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky. Short actually had no son who was ill or hospitalized. In fact, he demanded the money from A.V. in order to exploit A.V.’s belief he was a noble soldier in a desperate family and financial situation. During the two month period, A.V. gave Short nearly $1,000.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/kyw/news/20 ... 12-01.html

Now, Mr. Short did succeed in scamming a good meaning woman out of her ducketts. He, however, was not satisfied with that. He not only was doing this an hour away from Fort Knox, former home of the Cav, and an hour or so away from Fort Campbell, home of the US AIr Assault and SpecOps, he tried to go onto Fort Campbell in full uniform, which prompted those pesky Military Police (the real ones) to quick time him to the pokey. As the great Yoda once said, "The stupid is strong with this one".

This is not a one time thing. Apparently at one point in time he has impersonated a police officer.

We have seen this before and I am sure we'll see it again. I wish there was a way people could recognize a fake when they see it but, unfortunately, they can't. And with surplus being the way it is service uniforms and badges are pretty easy to get a hold of. The release said this guy had 7 dress uniforms. I didn't have 7 dress uniforms my entire career and I'm sure none of the others who served had that many either. There's no reason too. If someone approaches you, in uniform, you give them respect. I know I do. When they start asking for money, ask questions.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"