Anyone going to Ed Brown's Bash on Saturday?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Yeah, but in the meantime, since Ed, the professional attention-whore can't stop running his delusional mouth, the comic value is priceless.

In any case, it's all close enough for government work.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

At this point, I'm surprised Ed hasn't gotten bored and decided to storm the federal marshals instead.
John J. Bulten

Re: Browns the winners

Post by John J. Bulten »

LDE wrote:I'd say by this point the Browns have, in a sense, defeated the federal government. They have proved that, with sufficient arms and survival equipment, a rebel will be allowed to set up an independent fortress in U.S. territory, not only with impunity, but with the ability to turn it into a rock festival and media circus.

Even if they were arrested tomorrow, they'll go down in the history books as the couple who outwitted the Feds.

Pakistan stormed the Red Mosque. Our country apparently isn't as powerful, legitimate, or effective as Pakistan.
LDE, this time you are so right, except that New Hampshire has never been "U.S. territory":
Constitution for the United States of America wrote:The Congress shall have Power ... To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings .... The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

John J. Bulten wrote:
LDE wrote:I'd say by this point the Browns have, in a sense, defeated the federal government. They have proved that, with sufficient arms and survival equipment, a rebel will be allowed to set up an independent fortress in U.S. territory, not only with impunity, but with the ability to turn it into a rock festival and media circus.

Even if they were arrested tomorrow, they'll go down in the history books as the couple who outwitted the Feds.

Pakistan stormed the Red Mosque. Our country apparently isn't as powerful, legitimate, or effective as Pakistan.
LDE, this time you are so right, except that New Hampshire has never been "U.S. territory":
Constitution for the United States of America wrote:The Congress shall have Power ... To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings .... The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.
Keep developing that Cheek defense, John. If you come across as crazy enough, maybe you can be the next Tom Cryer.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Unfortunately, a long waiting period isn't rare.

For example, the Marshals were ordered to arrest Randy Weaver on March 18, 1991. They moved in on August 21, 1992 (18 months later) and Weaver surrendered on August 31, 1992.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

John J. Bulten wrote:LDE, this time you are so right, except that New Hampshire has never been "U.S. territory":
Nonsense.

My dictionary lists seven separate meanings for "territory," the second of which is "the land or waters under the jurisdiction of a state, nation, or sovereign," and the third of which is "a part of the United States that is not admitted as a state, that is administered by a governor, and that has its own legislature."

LDE was clearly using the word "territory" in the second sense and not the third, and your refusal (or inability) to understand that is typical of the word games you hide behind.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... 384ef8a231

Brown standoff tense before concert

By KRISTEN SENZ
Union Leader Correspondent

PLAINFIELD – Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are on heightened alert today because of a benefit concert at the Plainfield home of federal income tax protesters Ed and Elaine Brown.

"There will be a heightened presence this weekend and adequate resources available to (Plainfield Police Chief Gordon Gillens) and his department," U.S. Marshal Steve Monier said in a telephone interview yesterday. "We're working closely with our local and state partners to ensure that public safety is preserved."

Ruby Ridge survivor Randy Weaver plans to make a speech, and the music lineup includes rock bands Poker Face and The Law. Organizers bill the show as a benefit for the Browns, who were convicted in January on felony tax evasion charges, but have so far avoided apprehension by federal authorities.

Chief Gillens said the town of Plainfield would not provide emergency services to the Brown house today, in the event of an emergency.

"It's basically a lawless gathering," he said, "and people who go there should give thought to that. There's going to be people there with guns, and if things get out of hand, they're on their own."

Meanwhile, Monier said his office is actively investigating "several" supporters of the Browns and could potentially file felony charges against them for "aiding and abetting the Browns in their continuing obstruction of justice."

Concertgoers, however, won't automatically face arrest.

"Just being a visitor at the Browns' doesn't necessarily rise to the level of being a criminal offense, but if there is a course of conduct, it could be," Monier said.

Last month, the U.S. Marshal's Office cut off electricity, telephone and Internet service to the Browns' house, and Ed Brown said yesterday he no longer receives his mail. Monier said additional measures designed to make the Browns less comfortable might be forthcoming, though he would not elaborate.

"Other steps may be taken in the near future to convince the Browns they should turn themselves in and to stop threatening the use of violence toward law enforcement," he said.

Ed Brown said he hasn't threatened violence; he instead has warned that if federal agents storm his house, he will defend himself by any means necessary.

"If he wants to play, we'll play," Brown said.

Elaine Brown said no one would need to talk about violence at all if the government would simply produce the law makes the Browns liable to pay federal income tax.

"If there was such a law," she said, "what would be easier than to show it to us, rather than go through all this and millions of dollars of expense?"
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Live feed of the concert.

http://www.gsradio.net/asx/phconcert.asx

Considering it started more than an hour ago, doesn't look like many people showed up.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Demosthenes wrote:Live feed of the concert.

http://www.gsradio.net/asx/phconcert.asx

Considering it started more than an hour ago, doesn't look like many people showed up.
I've seen at least four children, one very small.

These people must be crazy, to take kids there when even emergency services won't step foot on the property due to the danger involved.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Based on what I can hear from the feed, which sounds like someone using a telephone, several bands were too afraid to show up, including "The Law"

It is claimed that about 100 people are there, but that it doesn't look like many because they're "all spread out".

The music will start in about 45 minutes.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dave von Kliest is saying there's about a hundred people, but that seems like a gross exaggeration. My nose count is about 50. A band called, ironically, The Law, decided to bail out. They were "scared away" according to von Kliest. Apparently, the Marshals contacted the various bands and promoters and said, "Not without a permit."
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Well, it's after 2:30, and they still haven't started. The only thing you can hear is a couple of incompetents trying to figure out how to set up the sound and video, and all you can see is some kids playing with dogs under a canopy.

Now there's somebody making an idiot of themselves with the microphone.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

It finally started, and Ed and Elaine Brown are speaking.

Elaine says the police chief is upset because a $15,000 car counter(?) is missing. She suggests that if anyone comes across it, they should put it in a trash heap.

Ed is talking about the Freemasons and the Jews wanting to take over. Again. He suggests people should look at Masonic Temples and contemplate what should be done with them.

There are apparently some military people in the audience.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

It's pretty ironic that Ed is referring to himself as a Marine. The Navy courtmartialed him when he was teenager after he was convicted on the felony robbery count.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

The video is horrendously bad, incidentally. You can barely make out anything. The video camera is obviously too far away.

They're saying We The People is sponsoring this concert.

Dave Von Kliest (sp?) is going to speak.

They're talking about helicopters flying through aerosol spray. Hmmmm .....

Now, they're all chanting "Show Me The Law". It ended with a loud, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Dave Von Kliest!!" which fell completely flat.

Now they're playing "Show Me The Law", which is incredibly stupid, and they're even messing it up.

This is so bad, it's not just bad. It sucks.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

ElfNinosMom wrote:The video is horrendously bad, incidentally. You can barely make out anything. The video camera is obviously too far away.

They're saying We The People is sponsoring this concert.

Dave Von Kliest (sp?) is going to speak.

They're talking about helicopters flying through aerosol spray. Hmmmm .....

Now, they're all chanting "Show Me The Law". It ended with a loud, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Dave Von Kliest!!" which fell completely flat.

Now they're playing "Show Me The Law", which is incredibly stupid, and they're even messing it up.

This is so bad, it's not just bad. It sucks.
The live video is from a cheap camera attached to Dave von Kliest's laptop with only a cell phone (low bandwidth) internet connection. Cell phone coverage in New Hampshire is pretty spotty so he's broadcasting on the technological equivalent of a dial up.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Union Leader wrote:Chief Gillens said the town of Plainfield would not provide emergency services to the Brown house today, in the event of an emergency.
Glad I didn't show. The thought of being beaten to death with no hope of help makes me want to cry.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

All the references to airplanes over the months crack me up. The house is in the flightpath of the Lebanon NH airport, and the area has been long established as a training field for US fighter jets.

My mom has the same kind of traffic at her house because of her proximity to Luke AFB. Unlike Ed, though, she really enjoys watching the fighter jets and doesn't assume that they're in the air to monitor or threaten her.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

In fact, the "Live Free or Die" concert sucks so bad that I switched over to the live stream of the All Good Music Festival on Marvin's Mountaintop. :D

Anybody who wants to watch that instead, go to http://www.iclips.net/allgood

I'll check back on Ed and Elaine later, I don't want to waste an entire Saturday afternoon watching those crappy garage bands when I can watch real bands instead.