Anyone going to Ed Brown's Bash on Saturday?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

It's a Department of Homeland Security helicopter. You can look the tail number up online.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

From the Union Leader news article:
Monier said additional measures designed to make the Browns less comfortable might be forthcoming, though he would not elaborate.
I think I just figured out who chose the bands...
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Man, that helicopter is really obnoxious.

[grin]
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Those bands were horrendously bad. I kept expecting Ed and Elaine to flee in horror toward the feds, just so they could escape the inhuman noises being inflicted upon them. :lol:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

From today's Concord Monitor
Article published Jul 15, 2007
Plainfield

Browns throw themselves a party
Tax-protesters jam while evading arrest

By MADDIE HANNA
Monitor staff
Jul 15, 2007

Policemen were stationed for hours yesterday on the road outside Ed and Elaine Brown's house in Plainfield, where a large party was being held to benefit the convicted tax protestors. But the officers said they wouldn't, under any circumstances, enter the property if an emergency occurred.

"We don't go to (Ed) Brown's house. We don't deal with Browns. Not at all," said Plainfield Police Chief Gordon Gillens. "That's an illegal gathering, and it's not a safe situation for anybody to really go to, and the people who go there have to realize that. . . . We can't say it's safe for anybody to go there. We will not send emergency vehicles into this area, no matter what."

The Browns didn't apply for a town permit for yesterday's gathering, a "jamboree" that featured live bands and was organized by the We the People Radio Network, which requested donations to cover the cost of the event. The goal, according to an invitation on the network's website, was to help "save Ed and Elaine Brown," who for months have been holed up in their fortress-like home on Center of Town Road. The Browns were convicted in January of multiple federal felonies related to their refusal to pay income taxes for nearly 10 years, but they maintain no law exists that requires them to pay.

While the invitation to yesterday's party welcomed "all freedom loving people and honest media," two men directing the traffic at the end of the Browns' driveway said reporters weren't allowed and denied access to the Monitor. Plainfield police said they were there to make sure none of the partygoers blocked town roads.

By mid-afternoon, cars, many with out-of-state license plates, had clogged the Browns' nearly half-mile-long driveway, and one Brown supporter estimated more than 140 people were at the event. A tent was set up next to the house for the bands, and supporters - some wearing shirts supporting Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul - milled in the yard and driveway. Randy Weaver, survivor of the 1992 Ruby Ridge shootout who came to Plainfield last month to hold a press conference with the Browns, was expected to attend.
The Browns may be drawing supporters from across the country, but in Plainfield, the frustration is building. Sgt. Lawrence Dore said yesterday the town's police had received complaints about the couple - "none that I want to name, but residents aren't happy." Others in the town said they were sick of seeing the Browns on TV and in newspapers.

"I just think it's a really big pain in the butt. They've done something wrong, and they need to pay for it. I'm tired of it," said Darshana Griggs, who works at the Edgewater Farm Stand in Plainfield.

"We're all tired of it," said Judy Ptak, who also works at the farm stand.

"I just think it's ridiculous our police are spending all this time" on the Browns. "They're not available to do other things, because they're monitoring that."

That's what bothers Doug Curtis, too.

"All the time and money they're wasting," he said, referring to last month, when U.S. Marshals brought armored cars and SWAT teams in what they said were precautions to accompany the seizure of Elaine Brown's dental property in West Lebanon. "Jesus Christ, even the Marines don't have that kind of stuff. If they're going to get them, get them. Or leave them alone."

The uncertainty surrounding the Browns' situation has made Plainfield residents nervous, several people said. Griggs called it "paranoia."

"I don't want my friends to think there are going to be grenades in my backyard," Griggs said, "just because I live in the same town as the Browns."

For Phyllis Aldrich, who lives about half a mile from the Browns on Center of Town Road, the couple's case is "a sad situation."

"It's a no-win situation. We like both of them, so I don't know," she said. "Hopefully things will be okay. I hope everything comes out all right with no bloodshed. It's nerve-wracking in a way, and you wish it was solved, but what can you do?"

------ End of article

By MADDIE HANNA

Monitor staff
This article is: 0 days old.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

We actually did finish liveblogging the Browns' concert after all. Paulie had to take off, then someone else came in (possibly from Quatloos?) and finished it with me.

For anybody interested in reading a blow-by-blow of the concert, it's at http://www.lastfreevoice.com/2007/07/14 ... e-concert/
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

News video from WMUR (local NH news):

http://www.wmur.com/news/13683355/detail.html
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

For those who didn't watch but want a two minute taste of yesterday's events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bkk00_NPdI
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I wonder if Randy's jealous...

webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:I wonder if Randy's jealous...

Someone please tell me that Ed's hand isn't where I think it is...
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I wonder if Randy's jealous...

Someone please tell me that Ed's hand isn't where I think it is...
Maybe I'm glad I didn't make it after all. :shock:

I got back from Newport mid-afternoon on Saturday and did not feel like driving the extra 1-2 hours to get to the Ed Brown bash. I took a nap instead. :)

Maybe I'll show up at the neighborhood "thank God that Ed and Elaine are finally in custody" block party. :twisted: Hopefully I will still be able to get some genuine "Constitutional Ranger" plunder.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

I am so gald that 99.9999999999999999% of Americans had no idea that this took place. :twisted:
webhick

Post by webhick »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:I am so gald that 99.9999999999999999% of Americans had no idea that this took place. :twisted:
You're overestimating.

Edit: I meant underestimating. UNDERestimating...What kind of crack am I smoking!? Yeesh.
Last edited by webhick on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

According to Ed, they are no longer providing him with trash pick up so he's converting some of the property into a dump.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
I am so gald that 99.9999999999999999% of Americans had no idea that this took place
Amen.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:I wonder, how much trash was left behind and who is going to clean it up? Also, for all the people that had to use the can during the day, where did they do their business and who is cleaning that mess up?
I remember reading somewhere that they still get trash service (but could live without it, if they had to). As for the less pleasant necessities.. I hope their septic backs up and that no service will come out to deal with it. Then E&E will get (annoyingly but not deadly) sick from the hazardous materials surrounding the home and will have to leave the property to get better.

Edit: Not to contradict Demo, but Here's where I read it Has there been a new development there?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

You're correct, Webhick.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:You're correct, Webhick.
HA! Had to happen sometime! :lol:

Any moment now, the earth is going to tear open and start spitting bunnies at mars.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

webhick wrote: Any moment now, the earth is going to tear open and start spitting bunnies at mars.
Oh geez, not again. It was hard enough to explain the first time. I think its your turn to explain it this time.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
webhick

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:
webhick wrote:Any moment now, the earth is going to tear open and start spitting bunnies at mars.
The last time it happened, a young man by the name of Hefner capitalized on the event...... :roll: :wink:

Guys, take a brief break and take time to reflect on your all-time favorite Playboy Bunny(ies)......... aaaaaah yes...... :twisted:
I prefer to reflect on the one that attacked Jimmy Carter in '79.