The Ed Brown soap opera continues

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

The Ed Brown soap opera continues

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /703220350

Browns call the police for friend
Tax-protesting couple treated his cancer

By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff

Ed and Elaine Brown invited police officers to their Plainfield home Tuesday, after a friend the couple was treating for cancer apparently overdosed on morphine.

The Browns, who have each been convicted of crimes related to their unwillingness to pay taxes, have holed up in their fortified hilltop home and said they'd rather die than submit to federal authority. On several occasions, the Browns have compared their situation to the standoff near Waco, Texas, and said that if law enforcement officers come to their house, they will initiate a violent confrontation.

But Tuesday's visit was peaceful according to Plainfield Police Chief Gordon Gillens. The Browns called 911 Tuesday afternoon, Gillens said, reporting that a friend whom they were caring for had overdosed on intravenous morphine.

Plainfield Sgt. Lawrence Dore was the first to respond. According to Gillens, police officers are often the first to arrive on medical calls in town because they work full time, while Plainfield relies on volunteer rescue and ambulance squads.

"Our contact with Mr. Brown was by phone, and the officer has known Mr. Brown for a long time and just got permission to come to the property and assist the man that needed medical attention," Gillens said. "There was nothing unusual. They weren't present and didn't interfere."

Gillens and state troopers came to the road as backup but did not enter the property. Gillens said that the police didn't take any special precautions and took Brown at his word that he wanted help from authorities.
It is not the first time that the Plainfield police have been at the house in recent weeks. In January, Brown asked them to remove a Fox News crew from the property.

Stephen Monier, the U.S. marshal for New Hampshire who is charged with arresting the Browns on bench warrants, said that he was not surprised that the interaction between the Browns and the local police went smoothly. He said that the Plainfield police knew there were warrants for the Browns, but the officers were not obligated to act on them.

"They handled it, and they did a terrific job," Monier said. "They're aware there's a warrant, but it's up to a law enforcement officer on the scene to make an assessment of the facts and circumstances on the ground."

Monier said that his officers are continuing to communicate daily with the Browns. They are scheduled for sentencing on April 24.

A video posted on the Browns' MySpace page shows a stretcher being wheeled out of the Browns' house and a uniformed officer leaving shortly afterward.

Lauren Canario, a Brown supporter who was at the house Tuesday, said on the video that she was surprised to see the police officer at the house.

"He was just one guy in the cruiser, and he was pretty nervous all by himself out here, and of course we are completely harmless," she said. "He was very polite."

Elaine Brown declined to answer questions about the incident yesterday, but in internet radio interviews this week the Browns described how they have been caring for their friend since he left Mount Ascutney Hospital for their home.

"We have become a hospital," Ed Brown said Tuesday, a few hours before the 911 call. Brown said that one of his best friends was being killed in the hospital. He has cancer, Brown said, and doctors were giving him sugar.

Elaine Brown said they'd put the patient on a natural protocol since his arrival and that he was looking better and sitting up.

Elaine Brown is a master herbalist and owned an herb store next to her West Lebanon dental practice for many years. In an interview this summer, the Browns said that they were skeptical of mainstream medicine and believed that all diseases could be cured without medicine or surgery.

Ed Brown mentioned the work of Dr. Lorraine Day, a former orthopedic surgeon who sells video and audio recordings about how diet and herbs can cure cancer, AIDS and blindness. According to her website, Day refused conventional treatments after she was diagnosed with breast cancer "and got well by using God's natural remedies instead."

Early yesterday morning, a housemate of the Browns posted a message on the internet saying that the patient, whom he called Joe, had requested the ambulance.

"Joe decided to go," the housemate wrote. "His body had been detoxing, and he was coughing stuff up."

In January, the Browns' friend William Miller described how a close friend of the Browns from Vermont was "battling cancer for his life" and had visited the house to use the Browns' hyperbaric oxygen chamber. According to Miller, the patient was a member of the U.S. Constitution Rangers, a national anti-government group that Brown once led. While the patient was there, another visitor stole his gun, Miller said.

Gillens said that the patient who was taken from the house Tuesday had been using the Browns' hyperbaric chamber. He also said that he believed the patient's wife was a nurse.

The initial 911 call was for an intravenous morphine overdose, Gillens said, but he did not know the details of the patient's medical condition.

A spokesman for Mount Ascutney Hospital said he could not release the patient's condition without his full name.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Like a car crash, I can not look away.

The U.S. Marshall's Office is clearly intent on boring him out. If only they would cut off his cable so he would not have the cartoon channel to keep him entertained. :lol:

Yep, Ed "Waco" Brown is such a big fugitive and threat to the Illuminati that he can invite the police over. :roll:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

So many ironies, so little time.

If the Browns believe that neither medicine or surgery is required to cure diseases, then why were they allowing their friend to have morphine administered? Surely Elaine must have had some herbal concoction that could relieve pain much better than some man-made extraction like morphine?

And why would Ed Brown rely on the government to provide assistance to him on his property? Sounds to me like Ed needs to be weaned off that government teat that he criticizes everyone else for sucking on.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

It just goes to show that when s--t hits the fan, they fall back on big bro. Ed made the claim just a couple weeks ago that the government had never done anything for him, well, now he can say they saved his friend's life. Of course he'll probably never admit it.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:The poor chap who died probably has relatives. Want to bet when his relatives files suit against the Browns?
He hasn't died, and his wife (a nurse) was with him at the Browns. Besides, what's the point in suing someone who has no assets?
After all, someone might consider what happened assisted suicide and subject to any laws that state has on the books regarding assisted suicide.
I doubt the Browns were the ones administering the morphine. They don't believe in morphine, just quack herbal remedies.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: The Ed Brown soap opera continues

Post by webhick »

Elaine Brown said they'd put the patient on a natural protocol since his arrival and that he was looking better and sitting up.
I've known terminally ill people and animals who show a vast improvement right before they go. I'm a big fan of the herbal remedies. My grandfather beat colon cancer last year. He was on chemo and taking things like Red Clover, Echinacea, Ginger Root, etc (with doctor's approval, since he didn't want it to interfere or interact badly with the chemo).
"Joe decided to go," the housemate wrote. "His body had been detoxing, and he was coughing stuff up."
Dude, I think you meant "dying". Poor guy has intravenous morphine, so he wasn't detoxing from that. Detoxing implies that he's purging toxic chemicals in his body. Cancer isn't a chemical, so that can't be it. And Ed claims that the hospital was giving him sugar, so it can't be what the hospital was giving him. I wonder what he's detoxing.

"Coughing things up". Like the kitchen sink? I don't think they want to admit that the herbs weren't actually doing much more than giving him hope (not that hope is bad, but false hope is devastating). What if the guy had pneumonia and just needed antibiotics? After all, chemo usually kills your immune system and everyone up here either has a cough, sinus infection, or ear infection (the weather's been wacky. 10" of snow followed by 50-60 degree weather)
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

It's my understanding that the dying man has lung cancer.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:It's my understanding that the dying man has lung cancer.
I believe that much of the funding for cancer research comes from the federal government (i.e., income taxes). So Ed is now trying to save the life of the friend he's also been working to help kill?

It's also interesting that Ed has said he would choose to die rather than pay taxes. Meanwhile, he has someone in his house who is dying without an opportunity to choose.

If I were the friend, Ed's house is the last place I'd want to be. Who wants to die in pain while some jerk is going on about how awful it is to have to pay taxes?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:And why would Ed Brown rely on the government to provide assistance to him on his property? Sounds to me like Ed needs to be weaned off that government teat that he criticizes everyone else for sucking on.
I don't want to play devil's advocate here, but Ed called on behalf of someone else. So, really, Ed didn't need the assistance, the patient did. So, I guess if the patient paid his taxes (though I somehow doubt it, since he was in that militia), then he had every right to the ambulance and police services.

On the other hand, one of the housemates could have brought the guy to the hospital or at least the end of the road instead of calling the cops and then the ambulance. Which begs the question...why did they call the cops? Why not just the ambulance?

I guess I'm a hypocrite. As much as I *want* to leave the TPs out to dry when it comes to government services such as 911, I don't think I could live with myself if I denied someone life-saving assistance simply because they hadn't paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry that I have to help foot the bill for it, but I haven't hit a point where it's worth someone's life.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

As much as I *want* to leave the TPs out to dry when it comes to government services such as 911, I don't think I could live with myself if I denied someone life-saving assistance simply because they hadn't paid for it.
I certainly don't begrudge the dying guy a helping hand / hospital room / medical treatment, even if he is a tax protester who wouldn't do the same for me.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:
As much as I *want* to leave the TPs out to dry when it comes to government services such as 911, I don't think I could live with myself if I denied someone life-saving assistance simply because they hadn't paid for it.
I certainly don't begrudge the dying guy a helping hand / hospital room / medical treatment, even if he is a tax protester who wouldn't do the same for me.
Nor was I begrudging the man receiving medical assistance. I was only noting the irony of Ed Brown calling for the government to assist in contrast to his antigovernment stance. I have no doubt that if Ed Brown suddenly found himself in a world of hurt and nowhere to run, he would suddenly find himself able to turn to the government to help him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

Ed and Elaine Brown invited police officers to their Plainfield home Tuesday
And why weren’t they arrested on the spot? :shock:
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
webhick

Post by webhick »

AFTP wrote:
Ed and Elaine Brown invited police officers to their Plainfield home Tuesday
And why weren’t they arrested on the spot? :shock:
Because they aren't stupid. Yeah, I would have loved to see them arrested then too, but it would have make the government look like the tyrannical oppressors that Ed claims they are. It didn't work :)

I was thinking about it and I wonder if Ed called the police instead of the ambulance service in a "dare" to the feds to arrest him. I would put it past the little media whore to put his own desires and cause above a man who's obviously dying and in extreme pain.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

First of all, Ed made the call, but Ed and Elaine weren't around when the local police arrived.

But I have a different theory as to why this won't happen on a random phonecall.

Ed has now said at least a dozen times that as soon as either he or Elaine are arrested or killed, his men will kill the judge, the prosecutor, the US Attorney, and the IRS Criminal investigator. In one radio show, Ed even promised that their families would be killed as well.

Any arrest attempt, therefore, has to be carefully planned. Simultaneous to the arrest, the government targets and their families will have to be secured, and the various potential killers will have to be neutralized. Some of these people are obvious -- Rob Jacobs (aka Powerchuter on the free state website) is so proud of his role as assassin, he's practically wetting himself. Other potential killers are probably smart enough to shut enough.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Ed has now said at least a dozen times that as soon as either he or Elaine are arrested or killed, his men will kill the judge, the prosecutor, the US Attorney, and the IRS Criminal investigator. In one radio show, Ed even promised that their families would be killed as well.
Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Over a tax case? These people are just vile.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Over a tax case? These people are just vile.
It's been an interesting couple of months.
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

I couldn't help but note this gem of a line:
While the patient was there, another visitor stole his gun, Miller said.
That is absolutely hysterical. Talk about no honor among thieves. It just goes to show the caliber of individuals involved in the movement. If they'll stoop to the level of stealing things from a dying man (even if it is his gun) who is a fellow "patriot," do you really think that any number of sane appeals or logic will ever get through to these people?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Another one of the Ed Brown volunteers has been fleecing the flock as well. A guy named Wolfgang Anacom http://www.inyourface.tv has been raking in money to make copies of Russo's movie, but has been pocketing the cash instead. He stole $1,200 from Fred Smart and additional moneys from other cult followers of the movie.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What a sad and tedious little tragedy, about a collection of sad and tedious people who have done nothing but bring grief and misery into the lives of all around them. I particularly feel sorry for Elaine's children who are going to have to live with this stupidity for the rest of their lives, and the very real possibility that they will lose their mother because she refuses to realize that her husband is a dangerous lunatic with no regard for her or anyone around him, and will probably celebrate his life by getting himself and everyone around him killed. yep, a real sterling individual.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

notorial dissent wrote:What a sad and tedious little tragedy, about a collection of sad and tedious people who have done nothing but bring grief and misery into the lives of all around them. I particularly feel sorry for Elaine's children who are going to have to live with this stupidity for the rest of their lives, and the very real possibility that they will lose their mother because she refuses to realize that her husband is a dangerous lunatic with no regard for her or anyone around him, and will probably celebrate his life by getting himself and everyone around him killed. yep, a real sterling individual.
Elaine's son is a koolaid drinker.

Ed has children too.