Ed and Elaine Brown arrested (Continued even more)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Demosthenes wrote:If it weren't for people like the Freestaters, Fred Smart, and Doug Kenline using the Browns for their own purposes, this might have been over long ago, and Ed and Elaine would have been looking at 3 year sentences with no additional charges, and the four supporters would have been home, on their computers, typing shrines to Ron Paul and Aaron Russo.
But that doesn't quite capture the level of moonbat guano Ed is cranking out, body of the lord and all that baloney. It seems like there is a class of TP who is a thief/fraud first and a sovereign loon second (eg, Larken, Schiff) and then there are folks are more like primarily mentally disturbed religious nuts and the rest follows from there. I think Ed is now in the latter category and he seems to have moved toward that end of the spectrum during this episode. Are Doug Kenline and the Freestaters responsible for that?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Ed's been a moonbat for at least 12 years. He's bluffed about the violent standoff thing before over non payment of property taxes, but without any supporters and attention he quickly folded before.
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

looking at 3 year sentences
Minor quibble. 63 months means about 53.5 months in the jug if they behave themselves and get their 15% good time.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

. wrote:
looking at 3 year sentences
Minor quibble. 63 months means about 53.5 months in the jug if they behave themselves and get their 15% good time.
The original sentencing guidelines came in at 2.5 to 3 years. The guideline range was only bumped to 63 months as a result of the standoff.

Had Elaine stayed at her son's house, and assuming that she went to prison on the sentencing day, she'd only have about two years left on her sentence today.
Demo.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Disilloosianed wrote:So Elaine's in Club Fed and Ed is going to a Federal Pound You in the *** Prison? Hmmmm.....I wonder if Elaine smartened up and rolled.
Something tells me ED'S going to be doing the pounding after a month or so.

Remember his rather public man-crush on Randy Weaver?
gezco

Post by gezco »

Not to change the subject, buy where are the perp walk pictures? I really wanted to see Ed, Reno, Danny and the rest of the clown show in their orange jump suits. Do the feds not do perp walks?
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

gezco wrote:Not to change the subject, buy where are the perp walk pictures? I really wanted to see Ed, Reno, Danny and the rest of the clown show in their orange jump suits. Do the feds not do perp walks?
Anyone with good photoshop skills? Although the look on the face is what really makes the picture.

Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:If it weren't for people like the Freestaters, Fred Smart, and Doug Kenline using the Browns for their own purposes, this might have been over long ago, and Ed and Elaine would have been looking at 3 year sentences with no additional charges, and the four supporters would have been home, on their computers, typing shrines to Ron Paul and Aaron Russo.
I agree that all those people (and many others like Bill Miller, Bernie Bastian, Joe Haas, the incarcerated "four") contributed greatly to the length and breadth of the standoff, but as you've noted this type of situation was inevitable for Ed Brown.

He has merely been waiting for the spotlight for this and this was his grand opportunity.

I'm very glad to see, at least for the time being, that there have not been any retaliations for these arrests.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Where is Doug Kenline posting these days?

Fred Smart needs to be taken down -- he was the primary instigator of this mess.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Joey Smith wrote:Where is Doug Kenline posting these days?

Fred Smart needs to be taken down -- he was the primary instigator of this mess.
The only place I've found where Doug posts, and that irregularly, is here.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

More likely is that Elaine is seen as the go along and not the instigator. Ed on the other hand is the rabble-rouser leader who brought everything down on he and Elaine, hence he will get a medium security prison and will get housed in the special needs/geezers wing.
Oh come on......it was her money. If she was the go-along and the money was hers, then she at least needs to be in medium security for the stupidity.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Medium security is too expensive for a non-violent offender. I suspect that she will be placed into a higher security unit for in-processing prior to being released to general population.
What I would give to be a fly on the wall in her cell (and Ed's).
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Monochrome Maria on the local Fox affiliate just announced that they're talking to the son of E or E.

Now I'm pissed because I have to watch the news.

Will update.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Some notes:
Most of it summarized the whole fiasco.

It was Elaine's son, David Hatch-Bernier (captioner said Hutch-Bernier), who is an architect.
When they asked if he agreed with how E&E handled the situation, he said, "On occasion they lost their way a bit." The way he said it was interesting. He paused for a moment after "on occasion" and it sounded like he was trying to find a nice way to say it.

He said, in regards to the income tax (couldn't tell for certain there was some background noise), "Pretty sure it's not required of me."
He wants to carry on the cause, "legally, through education". Feels as though he can fight it better on the outside than in prison.
He also expressed some relief that his mother is out of the dangerous situation. I can't remember how he worded it.

I should also note that he's definitely Elaine's son. Same spooky eyes.

Edit: Dezcad braved the annals of hell and linked to the newscast here
Last edited by webhick on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

webhick wrote:Monochrome Maria on the local Fox affiliate just announced that they're talking to the son of E or E.

Will update.
oxymoron
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

webhick wrote:
Monochrome Maria on the local Fox affiliate just announced that they're talking to the son of E or E.

Will update.
oxymoron
There isn't a single news source/organization out there who doesn't push thier own agenda.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Agent Observer wrote:
webhick wrote:

Will update.
oxymoron
There isn't a single news source/organization out there who doesn't push thier own agenda.
That is why I always laugh at people who want to deride Fox for its newscasting - they are usually the same ones who conveniently forget about the New York Times having problems with their reporters making up "news" out of thin air, Dan Rather's embarrasing moment having to admit that he and his team failed to verify their "source" before he reported the "news", and any other number of other "liberal" media companies who typically wish to hold themselves out as impartial and unbiased only to find themselves apologizing for making a "mistake" when they get called on the carpet by the public.

In short such people criticizing any media outlet for being biased (1) is incredibly naive for thinking that unbiased news exists anywhere, (2) typically believes that if they agree with what they are hearing it must be accurate and true, and (3) are intellectually dishonest.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

That is why I always laugh at people who want to deride Fox for its newscasting - they are usually the same ones who conveniently forget about ...

[skip the rest of the devastating detail]
As do I. A-hole liberals who want to try to make pitiful political arguments here should take it to R&R.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Ed Brown in federal prison near Pittsburgh
2 hours, 5 minutes ago

Convicted tax resister Ed Brown is in custody at the low-security Elkton federal prison in eastern Ohio, according to U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier.

Brown's wife, Elaine, is at the federal correctional facility in Danbury, Conn.

Her husband's whereabouts had been kept secret since the couple was tricked and arrested at their Plainfield home last week.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

An audio update from "Shaun Allen of the house of Kranish" about his visit from the guys with the "shiny circular" badges. He complains about them making "threatening little threats." Shaun reconsiders his comment that he wasn't going to be interviewed and wants the feds to email him questions. He then calls the wrong number.

http://www.hipcast.com/export/P1f03d2a0 ... REYWt0.mp3

Shaun calls the Marshals again and grovels indecisively while recording the call.

http://www.hipcast.com/export/P0c6d714c ... REYWt3.mp3
Demo.