Liberty Dollar Fights Back

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Simon Constable
TheStreet.com
Saturday December 8, 2007

Liberty Dollar, the firm that got raided by the FBI before Thanksgiving for trying to start a precious-metals-based currency to compete with the greenback, now says it's back in business.

Well, sort of.

The company's founder, Bernard von NotHaus, said in an email Thursday that he's changed the firm's name to Liberty Dollar Numismatics. And he's also trying to raise money by converting any previously issued Liberty Dollar coins into an Arrest Dollar marked with a special miniature handcuffs hallmark.

Add to that a plan to file a class-action lawsuit and a request for donations. But NotHaus hasn't got a bank account -- the FBI closed it down after the November raid. So he's asking for checks to be made out to "Bernard," and mailed to the firm's old address in Evansville, Ind.

"We are still looking forward to our day in court," says NotHaus. "But the federal government is a formidable foe."

Liberty came to prominence in July after it started minting solid silver coins stamped with an image of Ron Paul, a Republican presidential hopeful and an avid supporter of a return to the gold-standard monetary system.

But the operation seemed to come to an abrupt halt when the Secret Service and the FBI raided the firm's Evansville office in mid-November and confiscated all materials, including the precious-metal Liberty Dollar coins and the Ron Paul dollars.

Von NotHaus says he'll take any previously issued Liberty Dollar or Ron Paul dollar coin for a fee of $10 and put the money toward his legal defense fund. He says he expects to be arrested on a multitude of charges, including money laundering and conspiracy, but he's not quite sure when.

The class-action lawsuit against the government is aimed at retrieving property owned by Liberty's customers, but which was confiscated during the raid.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Liberty Dollar Fights Back

Post by webhick »

Von NotHaus says he'll take any previously issued Liberty Dollar or Ron Paul dollar coin for a fee of $10 and put the money toward his legal defense fund.
Hold up. Is he saying that he'll take your Liberty Dollars and charge you a fee of $10 for doing so? Or is he going to give you $10 FRN for a $20 Libby?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Well, you got to admire the guy for always finding an angle. Of course, you've also got to despise him for taking advantage of gullible PNJ's.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

Dark Moment for Liberty Dollar

I am shocked to inform you that we have learned that the FBI is moving aggressively to forfeit "their" seizure for auction immediately!

If that does not shock and alarm you, you are truly asleep! If there has ever been a time to support the Liberty Dollar with an Arrest Dollar and a donation… it is now!

Due to higher than anticipated demand for the Arrest Dollar, a printable order from as been created to simplify the process. It is available HERE.

This is so shocking that it makes one wonder what is going on. Unfortunately, the draconian raid/seizure/forfeiture by this government is SOP - Standard Operating Procedures! In fact, the more you learn, the worse it is. Once raided, the victim need not be arrested or even charged with a crime before his/her property can be forfeited and auctioned. This is so common that the police often refer to the seized property as "their" property. After all, like any common thief, they stole it… its "theirs"! Or so they would have you think!

Wait! It is not quite that simple with the Liberty Dollar. You see, I considered this dirty, stinking government trick when I designed and developed the Warehouse Receipt (WR) program. And although I didn't think they would really be this bad or simply ignorant… there is no doubt now. For that reason I am not the signatory on the Warehouse Receipt. Nor could I sign the WR because I am not the Warehouse Official. I don't even work for the warehouse. Remember the warehouse is totally independent and the official issuer of the warehouse receipt. NORFED, Liberty Services, myself, everybody who uses them are simply distributors of the receipts.

But the worst news is "economic persecution". Now we have to fight for your property… with nothing because they took everything in the raid. If we hadn't received some donations to get a new computer, we wouldn't even be able to send out this cry for help. This is very serious!

The Search/Seizure Warrants were for property at specific addresses. The property they seized at Sunshine backed the legal, signed Warehouse Receipts. That property was, and still is, owned by the bearers of the warehouse receipts and the digital Liberty Dollar holders. That is your property that they are trying to steal!

So in all fairness, I don't think Agent Andy and the FBI who raided the warehouse at Sunshine Mint know what they are doing. Yes, they can certainly be more damaging than a village idiot, but they may not know much more. It is obvious that they don't understand how a warehouse receipt program works. Except for my personal account at Sunshine, none of the confiscated material at Sunshine Mint was my property. It was YOURS!

Now! Are you going to let the US government steal your property?!

Click HERE to sign up for the Class Action Lawsuit.

You did nothing illegal! You heard about the new "inflation proof" currency and decided to check it out on line at http://www.LibertyDollar.org. You did your own "due diligence". You read quotes by the government that the Liberty Dollar was legal and that it was not counterfeit. Many of you even called the Fulfillment Office to check out the new currency. Then you made an informed decision to exchange some of your depreciating US dollars for some appreciating gold and silver based Liberty Dollars in specie, paper warehouse receipts and digital form.

Owning gold and silver in any form is not illegal! Over 500,000 individual legal binding warehouse receipts have been issued over the past ten years. Over 25,000+ individuals have visited our site and gotten Liberty Dollars. Neither you nor I are guilty.
Nor did you violate Title 18, Section 486 either. Even US Mint Director Edmond C. Moy acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper warehouse receipts were not illegal. Section 486 only concerns "use" in metal form. You were not even using the gold and silver. Your property, your metal was stored in the warehouse. You are not guilty. You are a victim!
The gold and silver seized from the issuing warehouse was not the property of the Liberty Services, Liberty Dollar, myself, or even the warehouse... it remains the property of the bearer warehouse receipt holders. It is YOUR property. To date 3,086 people have signed up to be a party to the Lawsuit and GET THEIR PROPERTY BACK.

I ask again: Are you going to let the US government steal your property?!

As bad as all that is, the precious metals industry should be very concerned because if the government can confiscate our gold and silver, they can confiscate theirs. Any raid and liquidation of a private, independent gold and silver warehouse sets an extremely dangerous precedent by this damn government. Where is ICTA - Industry Council for Tangible Assets when we need them?

Now hear this! The government is moving aggressively right now to steal your property!! Please join the Lawsuit to recover the wrongful seizure of your property. If you have not signed up for the Wrongful Seizure Lawsuit (Class Action Lawsuit) do it NOW. It is the only way to get your property back. Please take action immediately! Click HERE to sign up!

Clarification on the Class Action Lawsuit. We have referred to the lawsuit to recover the wrongfully seized property of the Warehouse Receipts and the digital Liberty Dollar holders, as a Class Action Lawsuit. But as we already have 3111 names of the injured parties, this is not a class action lawsuit. We plan to list everybody by name on the lawsuit. We want the judge to see how many people the US government has injured. It is important for the judge to know that thousands of good people from all over the United States, who committed no crime, have been injured and need immediate restitution. We have now renamed the lawsuit to Wrongful Seizure Lawsuit.

Please read the affidavit to establish "Probable Cause" for the Search and Seizure Warrants and ask yourself, "Where is the crime? When did it happen? Where? Who is the injured party?" http://www.libertydollar.org/legal/pdf/ ... idavit.pdf
In Alert #4 I mentioned The Soviet-Style Attack on NORFED by Jacob Hornberger. This excellent commentary is available at: http://www.fff.org/comment/com0711j.asp

Another excellent commentary, Gestapo raid on coin-producing enterprise by Dr. Richard H. Timberlake, noted monetary economist and expert on the Fed, has been posted at: http://www.libertydollar.org/commentary ... 838996.pdf.

Dozens of great commentaries are available on the Comment Page at: http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/legal/r ... entary.htm

Thank you for the compliments on getting the digital eLibertyDollar up and running. Please send your digital donations to: Donation@LibertyDollar.org .

While we accept digital Liberty Dollar for donation, it is those damn non-Federal non-Reserve IOU Notes that are needed for the legal defense. Physical Liberty Dollars in paper and digital form that we can auction on eBay for more depreciating FRNs would be greatly appreciated too.

We continue to have a problem getting a bank account open. For now, please send all checks and money orders simply made out to BERNARD.

BIG Thanks for your donations. I apologize that I simply do not have time to respond to all the letters and good wishes. But please keep including the letters. It is good to know you are aware that we are fighting for you and your property. You did nothing wrong!

Orders for Arrest Dollars are very appreciated too. A newly created order from is available HERE. Remember they will only be available until I am arrested. So if you want a specially hallmarked Arrest Dollar… please send order now. I have no idea when I will be arrested.

Now as we face the greatest monetary challenge since the Revolutionary War, lets work together to create a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures". We should not be ripped off by the government money!

Please support the Liberty Dollar with an Arrest Dollar and a donation. Sign up for the Wrongful Seizure Lawsuit today! Please don't let the government steal your money and drive the Liberty Dollar out of business.

BIG thanks for all the prayers, letters and donations we have received!!!

Every donation counts! Thank you!!

Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect/Editor

When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew.
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.
Friedrich Gustav Martin Niemöller
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Not being a criminal lawyer, I don't know how this works, but it does strike me as wrong that the gov't could auction off property without so much as a due process hearing or a criminal conviction. This can't be right, can it?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Due to higher than anticipated demand for the Arrest Dollar, a printable order from as been created to simplify the process. It is available HERE.
OK, who ordered one?
I would have think that the anticipated demand was zero which is why they hadn't bothered with the formality of an order form.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Imalawman wrote:Not being a criminal lawyer, I don't know how this works, but it does strike me as wrong that the gov't could auction off property without so much as a due process hearing or a criminal conviction. This can't be right, can it?
There are lawyers who aren't criminals? :shock:
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

This is classic.
For now, please send all checks and money orders simply made out to BERNARD.
webhick

Post by webhick »

we have learned that the FBI is moving aggressively to forfeit "their" seizure for auction immediately!
What would be the purpose of seizing Liberty/Ron Paul dollars only to put them back in circulation?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

webhick wrote:
we have learned that the FBI is moving aggressively to forfeit "their" seizure for auction immediately!
What would be the purpose of seizing Liberty/Ron Paul dollars only to put them back in circulation?
von Nothaus is apparently talking about the silver bullion held in the Sunshine Mint. Is isn't clear to me how the feds will auction silver that, according to the last news I had on the subject, is still sitting in the mint's vaults.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Wouldn't they be waiting for after the trail on that?
ArthurRubin

Post by ArthurRubin »

Imalawman wrote:Not being a criminal lawyer, I don't know how this works, but it does strike me as wrong that the gov't could auction off property without so much as a due process hearing or a criminal conviction. This can't be right, can it?
It could be, as in the case of seizure of property involved* in drug crimes, but I don't see a forfeiture clause in the section.

If there were one, the government would bring suit against the property to show cause why it should not be seized....

*Involved property includes property purchased with the proceeds of drug crimes, real property on which drug crimes have been committed, property on/in which illegal drugs are found, property on/in which illegal drugs were believed to have been, even if not found, etc.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The only thing that comes to mind, is just how screwed are the people who bought the warehouse receipts. At least in some states while they have an ownership interest in the stockpiled commodity, the broker's debts can still be brought back against the stores even though someone else actually owns them. I don't know if this applies in Federal cases, but I suspect at the very least that the holders are going to have to file a claim for their silver, and that in itself could get interesting if the govt it looking for currency fraud.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Consider the source of the information.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Thought this was ironic from the Liberty Dollar site:
What prevents the Government from seizing the silver/ gold that's stored in Sunshine Minting before or after the customer purchases it? The Government has seized it before so are they allowed to do it again?

The opportunity for the government to seize the gold/silver at Sunshine "before or after" any purchase is very small due to the quick turn-around time on all orders. The only perceived risk is to the gold/silver that is stored for the Gold and Silver Certificates issued as warehouse receipts. "Perceived risk" because the government has never seized any warehouse receipts because there has never been any warehouse receipts like the Liberty Dollar. Plus it is doubtful that the government would want to risk any seizure and hand Liberty Dollar the enormous publicity and draw their unbacked currency into the public spotlight.

As for a general seizure like the Roosevelt Confiscation of 1933, this is utterly impossible simply because the public attitude towards the government has changed and most importantly because gold is now a free commodity on the world market. Any seizure by any government, particularly the US government would drive gold and silver to unheard of prices. And as the government cannot confiscate without paying market value, it would be impossible for the government to outrun the escalating prices on the world market. To learn more why confiscation is utterly impossible, please read Chapter 28, page 244 in "Liberty Dollar Solution" book available for only $5 if you mention this post.

PS: The government was not "allowed" to confiscate the gold the first time and it will never be tolerated again... otherwise we return to the lead standard.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

January 2. 2008
Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters,

Happy New Year! New 2008 Liberty Dollar for 10th Anniversary!

HOT ITEM: If you have not read "Pimp My Ride - On the road with Ron Paul's merry band of misfits and his hooker fan club" by Tucker Carlson for "The New Republic" dated Friday, December 21, 2007 please click HERE for article.
Now let me be perfectly clear. We have never presented the Liberty Dollar as "coin", "legal tender" or "current money". In fact, our whole marketing plan is based on the fact that it is NOT government money. We have never advocated violence, racism, revolution or even the collapse of the US dollar. We have no ill will for the US government or its dreadful money. And as we have not received a cease and desist order, why shouldn't we continue to advocate the type of currency mandated by the US Constitution?

From day one in 1998 our goal has been to simply offer a "private voluntary barter currency" that was "inflation proof" and put a powerful tool in the people's hands. As stated on 500,000+ gold and silver Certificates still in circulation, the Liberty Dollar is "an exercise of the bearer's First Amendment right to petition the government for a silver based currency as mandated by the US Constitution."

Click HERE for the new 2008 $20 Liberty Dollar that contains one ounce of .999 fine silver. Two innovations have been incorporated into its design to eliminate any possible confusion:
First, the 2008 Liberty Dollar is a "private voluntary barter currency" (PVBC) and that acronym has been added to the currency so there is no confusion about the Liberty Dollar. It is NOT government money! Who would want that kiss of death?!
Second, in keeping with other "brand name" practices, the acronym MSRP (Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price) has been added to fully disclose that the face value of $20 is the MSRP. Please note, the $20 Liberty Dollar is NOT denominated in US dollars! It can't be because the US dollar is not backed by anything except the foul hot air from politicians. The Liberty Dollar is a NEW currency. It is denominated in "Liberty Dollars" because it is .999 fine silver.

In celebration of the Tenth Anniversary of the Liberty Dollar, I am very pleased to announce the new 2008 one ounce $20 Silver Liberty Dollar will feature a special 10th Anniversary Hallmark!* In fact, all the 2008 Silver Liberty Dollars will be "localized" with a custom Hallmark*. That's right, the reverse of the 2008 Silver Liberty Dollar will be hand stamped with a punch and sledgehammer by the Regional Currency Officer. Each Liberty Dollar will carry the name of the city, business, region, church or group to maximize local acceptance and defy the US Mint warning that "use" of the Liberty Dollar is illegal. The Liberty Dollar does not violate Title 18, Section 486.
The new 2008 Liberty Dollar is in production and we are open for business. Please visit us online HERE or the Shopping Cart and order now with PayPal! Fulfillment is anticipated before the end of the January. Please order now.

This unique "local hallmark" concept is a direct result of the conference calls I had with the Regional Currency Officers (RCOs), who told me to either mint more Liberty Dollars to meet their merchants' and clients' demands or they would make their own.

Well, faced with more walk-in customers at the Evansville office, mounting demand from the public at large, raging eBay prices and a RCO rebellion, I quickly designed a new "generic" Liberty Dollar that allows the Regional Currency Officers to actually "coin", i.e. to "stamp", their own local custom Hallmark on the reverse of the new $20 Silver Liberty Dollar. This new gorilla tactic explodes the Liberty Dollar model while decentralizing it for more grassroots activism.

Now, anybody can issue a Liberty Dollar with his or her own custom Hallmark and capitalize on the silver market that is blasting off. Now, as inflation explodes, is the time to get on board with the new currency. Hey, you must be crazy not to protect your money and make more money… with the Liberty Dollar!

It only costs $1000, renewable annually, to become a RCO and another $200 for your own custom Hallmark. Now you can hallmark your name, company, family, church, organization, region, city, state or almost anything, on the new $20 one-ounce 2008 Liberty Dollar. A special Numbered Edition of all the Hallmarked Libertys is planned so every RCO can offer these numbered Libertys at a higher collector price and recover the costs of their Hallmark stamp.

The new "Dealer Network" of RCOs enjoys the same wholesale rate of Spot plus $3 and can order as few as 20 Silver Libertys at a time! Certified Businesses and Liberty Associates still earn a commission and profit on all exchanges from USD to ALD with their RCO. Plus everybody who has joined the Wrongful Seizure Lawsuit (formally known as Class Action Lawsuit) is now a Liberty Associate for FREE. Please note: the cost to become a Liberty Associate will change dynamically to $500 when the Liberty Dollar "Moves Up" to the $50 Silver base. Best to get on board now!
Announcing the first "Public Hallmarking" of the 2008 Liberty Dollar will be held in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania on Saturday, March 1, 2008 at Jim's Farmers Market. If you are interested in the Liberty Dollar and want to experience it in action, come to Chambersburg on Saturday, March 1! Plus a special screening of "Fiat Empire" will be presented on Thursday evening, February 28 and a special Town Meeting is planned for Friday. I plan to attend all the events and hope you will come too. For more info, please contact Pete Hallock at pete@chambersburglibertydollar.com, or visit him on line at http://www.chambersburglibertydollar.com.
On the economic front, November gasoline surged a shocking, record-shattering, 34.8%! That is an annualized rate of over 417%!!!
We the people… need to take control of our country's monetary system... before it is too late. That starts with you taking control of your money and deciding what money you want to use. Do you want money that appreciates or one that depreciates?! How simple can it be?!
This is not the time to be faint-of-heart. Now is the time to get the Liberty Dollar in as many hands as possible. PLEASE take action pronto!
The last thing we want is the US dollar to collapse. This would be terrible, beyond words. That is the main reason the Liberty Dollar is designed to be a "private voluntary barter currency" and functions on a dollar-to-dollar exchange basis with the US dollar. The Liberty Dollar provides a gradual, evolutionary monetary model to return our country to a value based currency. Even if it was featured on CNN, CNBC or on the front pages of the Washington Post and the USA Today as it was, not everybody gets "on board" at once.
How long did it take you to get "on board" with the Liberty Dollar after you heard about it? A week? A month? It usually takes people up to a year! Just like yourself, everybody has to do their "due diligence", get their head around "real money" and that simply takes time.
Recently, my friend and fellow Federal Reserve buster, Martin Weiss, listed the three mega forces that are shaping the global market that will drive gold and silver to unbelievable heights:
Megaforce #1: Massive, Rapid Growth of the World's Largest and Most Populous Continent: Imagine a continent five times larger than the lower 48 states with thirteen times the population. Then imagine a socio-economic transformation that combines the Industrial Revolution, the Information Age, and the rapid birth of fervent entrepreneurial spirit, all concentrated into one short generation. That's the phenomenon in Asia today.
Megaforce #2: The Plunging U.S. Dollar: The U.S. dollar has now crossed a landmark that will go down in history as the turning point of our era: The greenback has plunged below its all-time low in 1992 to its lowest level of all time.
With this single, landmark event, the dollar has crossed from a period of slow, orderly declines ... to a new era of rapid, chaotic declines; from a time when its impact could be ignored ... to a time when its impact will be felt everywhere, especially on those assets that rise the most when the dollar falls - natural resources like gold and silver!
Megaforce #3: Central Banks Flooding The World With Paper Money And With Wild Abandon!!! The world's monetary authorities see the U.S. housing market in its worst downturn of modern times. They see hundreds of mortgage lenders going broke or on the brink. And they see financial firms reeling from tens of billions of dollars in losses. So they're panicking! Running the printing presses overtime!!! Danger Ahead!!!
Please visit Martin at http://www.moneyandmarkets.com for more info:
As the greenback sinks, so does your purchasing power… and so does your ability to provide simple things like food and housing for yourself and your family. Times are not dire… yet… but we are closer every day… to a global hyperinflationary depression.
As the greenback sinks, metals will appreciate and give rise to a new value based currency… this will not happen by design but by simple need. Why did the US government become FedEx's largest customer after it did everything to kill it in the early 1970's? Because of need. Ditto with the Liberty Dollar - the "FedEx of Money".
ATTENTION: Again this is not the time to be faint-of-heart. We need to get the Liberty Dollar in as many hands as possible ASAP!!! This is the time to protect your money and help return our country to a valued based monetary system with the Liberty Dollar… before it is too late. Please click HERE to order your 2008 Liberty Dollar online today!
LIBERTY ASSOCIATES AND CERTIFIED BUSINESSES are urged to contact a RCO for the new 2008 Liberty Dollar, even if you are not in their "region". The Fulfillment office in Evansville is "surviving" on one person and donations. All orders for less than twenty, one-ounce $20 Silver Liberty Dollars, are at Face Value. Associate Orders for twenty one-ounce $20 Silver Liberty Dollars will receive one free $20 Silver Liberty for every 20 ordered. Shipping for twenty one-ounce $20 Silver Liberty Dollars is $8.95. Please click HERE for a current list of RCOs.

Liberty Dollar has launched its own eBay auction to liquidate the Liberty Dollars that have been donated. Please visit us on eBay at: http://stores.ebay.com/Official-LIberty-Dollar-Store
Wait! There is more news. Thanks to Amir Hirsch, a MIT student, now there is the chocolate standard! Chocolate Ron Paul "Coins" that commemorates the absurdity of the FBI raid in an edible way with chocolate money that is sound money and sweet liberty! Only time will tell if the FBI will have the audacity to raid a chocolate factory that manufacturers Chocolate Ron Paul "Coins"! Please visit http://www.ronpaulchocolate.com to order.
If you missed the earlier announcement, please check out Ron Paul's new legislation "Free Competition in Currency Act" that was introduced on December 13, 2007 and mentions the "Liberty Dollar" and "asset forfeiture". WOW. Click HERE for Congressman Paul's introductory statement.
Please don't let the government steal your money! The FBI is moving aggressively to forfeit "their" seizures for auction. Please make a donation to "Bernard" as we still have not opened a bank account and mail it to: BERNARD, 225 N. Stockwell Road. Evansville. IN. 47715. Phone: 812.473.5250.
ATTENTION: Our country's currency is at risk. Just look at what's happening. Some people imagine that they can convert their US dollars into another fiat currency such as Euros to protect their purchasing power. But that is a false hope. The European Central Bank just pumped HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS (E349 billion) into the global monetary system. Where did they get such a staggering amount of money overnight?! Out of thin air! I am seriously concerned about the value of the US dollar and my own purchasing power. Lets head off this train wreck by providing a choice of money in the marketplace. Currently eGold, GoldMoney and the Liberty Dollar is available. Of course, I prefer the Liberty Dollar because of its ease of use, physical attraction, and profitability for users and political message for a sound monetary system.
It is time to take a stand. Do we the people have the right to choose our money, or not? Do we live in a free market economy or not? Are we free, or are we not?
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and donations. I just wish I had time to contact every one of you. You are the reason why the Liberty Dollar is here!
Again thank you for your support!
Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect/Editor
*A hallmark, is a mark struck on precious metal items to identify its distinguishing characteristic. Historically, hallmarks were applied by a trusted party such as the assay office to guarantee a certain weight or fineness of the metal. From ancient Byzantine hallmarks to the Vienna Hallmark Convention in 1973, hallmarks have been used to mark the fineness and unique characteristics on precious metal items. Such is the case with the hallmarked 2008 Liberty Dollar and the "Arrest Dollar" with the "Handcuffs" hallmark.
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

gorilla tactic
:P :P :P

Who knew Liberty Dollars had anything to do with primates?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Does that mean it is chimp change instead of chump change?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Even if they revise their claims to make the Libby a totally legal coupon or trading stamp, that still won't change what happened in the past. And they still do not seem to have dropped the idea that using one puts you outside the tax system.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

January 2. 2008
Wednesday. You know how I feel about Wednesdays.
Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters,
Hello Suckers!
Two innovations have been incorporated into its design to eliminate any possible confusion:
Wait, wait, lemme guess. "Rubber Ducky Says WOOF" and "Paint Fumes Taste Like Hairspray"
First, the 2008 Liberty Dollar is a "private voluntary barter currency" (PVBC) and that acronym has been added to the currency so there is no confusion about the Liberty Dollar.
So disappointing.

I'm going to stamp NEWCW on my ass, just so there's no confusion.
It is NOT government money! Who would want that kiss of death?!
You. You keep asking for it the government money. You're just craving a big old smoocharoo from the grim peeper. And you know, he can't take "no" for an answer. So, you might want to make sure you've had all your shots. We wouldn't want him to catch anything.
Second, in keeping with other "brand name" practices, the acronym MSRP (Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price) has been added to fully disclose that the face value of $20 is the MSRP.
So, I can walk into a store with a Libby and demand $30 worth of stuff for something that is marked on its face as $20. After all, the face value is only a suggestion.
Please note, the $20 Liberty Dollar is NOT denominated in US dollars!
Then stop calling it a dollar and trying to tell retailers that it's used just like one.

Also, it should be noted that the US Dollar coins all bear the dollar symbol with one vertical bar, while the Libby has the dollar symbol with two vertical bars. After a bit of research, that makes it a Cifrão which has been defunct since 1976. Now, it would dishonest to say that there should be no possible confusion because of the extra vertical bar on the Libby, since no one is going to even notice that kind of difference. Except people like me, because our brains operating on the 72nd dimension. It's written into the co-op bylaws as a protective measure against sabotage.
It can't be because the US dollar is not backed by anything except the foul hot air from politicians.
And yet you keep wanting all that hot air.
That's right, the reverse of the 2008 Silver Liberty Dollar will be hand stamped with a punch and sledgehammer by the Regional Currency Officer.
Sledgehammer? I suspect we'll be hearing the sound of a hundred hands breaking, a hundred desks cracking, a hundred agonizing screams...but the sound of any coins being stamped will be oddly missing.
Each Liberty Dollar will carry the name of the city, business, region, church or group to maximize local acceptance and defy the US Mint warning that "use" of the Liberty Dollar is illegal.
Yeah, cause last I checked, Chuck, the owner of "Larry's Lingerie and Bait Shoppe" is a legal genius. That's why at the county fair last year, he laid naked in a vat of nightcrawlers for half an hour. Only the first fifteen minutes were for charity. We think there may be something wrong with him.
This unique "local hallmark" concept is a direct result of the conference calls I had with the Regional Currency Officers (RCOs), who told me to either mint more Liberty Dollars to meet their merchants' and clients' demands or they would make their own
But they would mean that they have to have the silver to back it up or would be creating the coins without knowing if the silver was there to back it up. In any event, they'd be creating unauthorized Liberty Dollars and you can watch your profits circle the drain. Basic rule of business is that you keep up with the demand.
Well, faced with more walk-in customers at the Evansville office, mounting demand from the public at large, raging eBay prices and a RCO rebellion, I quickly designed a new "generic" Liberty Dollar that allows the Regional Currency Officers to actually "coin", i.e. to "stamp", their own local custom Hallmark on the reverse of the new $20 Silver Liberty Dollar. This new gorilla tactic explodes the Liberty Dollar model while decentralizing it for more grassroots activism.
Its still centralized, if you have to ship them the coins before they can stamp them. But, if they're making their own coins, how are you ensuring that its backed by silver? How do you know they're not putting tin in those coins?
Now, anybody can issue a Liberty Dollar
That's reassuring.
It only costs $1000, renewable annually, to become a RCO and another $200 for your own custom Hallmark. Now you can hallmark your name, company, family, church, organization, region, city, state or almost anything, on the new $20 one-ounce 2008 Liberty Dollar. A special Numbered Edition of all the Hallmarked Libertys is planned so every RCO can offer these numbered Libertys at a higher collector price and recover the costs of their Hallmark stamp.
Okay, here's the plan everyone. We're going to have to issue a Quatloos edition of the Libby. We'll call it the Quibby. So, all we need now, is $1000 in FRNS annually and $200 for a Hallmark that says:
Not Authorized by US Gov't
Not Legal Tender
Woodchucks Are Crunchy
Not Current Money
Squawk Like a Chicken
We the people… need to take control of our country's monetary system... before it is too late. That starts with you taking control of your money and deciding what money you want to use.
I want to use Quibbies. And I don't want a $20 or $50 Quibbies, either. Smaller denominations would be nice because why do I want to hand someone a $20 Quibbies and get back those useless FRNs. What am I going to do with them? Give them to you? Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you!