WTP Conference

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

WTP Conference

Post by Demosthenes »

According to Fred Smart, as of 2 pm, the attendance at the WTP conference in DC was somewhere between 100 and 200 people. Considering the number of promoters and notables that were there (Peymon, Jim Davies, Joe Banister, Steve Hempfling, Tommy Cryer, G. Edward Griffin, and so on) there just weren't a lot average Joe protesters attending this year.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: WTP Conference

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:According to Fred Smart, as of 2 pm, the attendance at the WTP conference in DC was somewhere between 100 and 200 people.
I wish I had an attendance list, because it would be interesting to go through and figure out the percentage that (a) have prior criminal convictions, (b) are the subject of a criminal investigation, (c) are under injunctions, (d) are subject to tax liens, or (e) have pending civil actions by or against the United States.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:According to Fred Smart, as of 2 pm, the attendance at the WTP conference in DC was somewhere between 100 and 200 people.
I wish I had an attendance list, because it would be interesting to go through and figure out the percentage that (a) have prior criminal convictions, (b) are the subject of a criminal investigation, (c) are under injunctions, (d) are subject to tax liens, or (e) have pending civil actions by or against the United States.
(f) are in the employ of one of the three-letter agencies
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/
March 31-April 1, 2007 -- "Vs" stage protest at White House. About 60 protesters dressed up as the Guy Fawkes look-a-like "V," from the movie by the same name, staged a protest at the White House yesterday. In an encouraging sign, a group of elementary school children visiting the White House on a school trip were much more interested in "V" than in the White House or its occupant. The children busied themselves taking photos of the "Vs" and shaking their hands: a clear sign that the Rove/Fox propaganda machine has little effect on those who will be left holding the tab for the recklessness of the "Baby Boomer" generation.

One angry woman, an obvious Bush supporter, said that if people protest they should show their faces. When informed that the masks were part of a movie -- the very theme of the protest -- the woman repeated herself about showing faces and then mumbled that she never heard of the movie and didn't care about it. This editor has noticed for several years that those who support George W. Bush appear to suffer all of his afflictions -- including mental retardation.
Schulz only had 60 people show up? Ouch.
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

Bush supporter
I always believed the brasserie to be of questionable necessity, but this is ridiculous.
LPC

Post by LPC »

In an encouraging sign, a group of elementary school children visiting the White House on a school trip were much more interested in "V" than in the White House or its occupant.
Even by tax denier standards, finding "encouraging" the interests of children in a cartoon character ranks is unbelievably pathetic.
When informed that the masks were part of a movie -- the very theme of the protest --
Which makes it sound like they were there to protest a movie. Unless it's now common for political protests to have "themes" like high school proms. (I'm looking forward to the "Walking in a Prison Wonderland" themed protest.)

To summarize:

They are there playing dress-up, conveying a not-so-veiled threat of political violence, and can't provide a coherent explanation to a bystander of why they are there, what they are protesting, and why they are wearing masks, and the *bystander* appears to suffer from "mental retardation"?

Furrfu.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote: Furrfu.
I haven't seen a ROT13 reference in a while. nice.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

Nikki wrote:(f) are in the employ of one of the three-letter agencies
You mean like the AFL and CIO?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

"V," from the movie by the same name
Movie's name was not "V", but "V for Vendetta" as in "V for VileWasteOf2HoursOfMyLife".

These protesters apparently didn't watch the movie. And since I'm not wasting 2 hours again, let me recall from memory:

The only reason that V wore the mask was because he was deformed (from I fire, IIFC). He took revenge on the people who directly wronged him, then blew up an empty government building because it was a symbol of tyranny.

He said that the building was a symbol and that symbols are given power by the people. But if you destroy the symbol, then the power is gone.

By all rights, their masks are a symbol. They give their masks power.

In conclusion, either 60 deformed folks showed up for a protest or 60 people who give their power to an inanimate object showed up to entertain some kids.

Also, 60 people? Wow...that's sad. And note to self: When elementary school children are taking your photo and shaking their heads....you've gone so far off the deep end that even the children can tell.
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

CaptainKickback wrote:NFL, MLB, NBA, NIT, UFW, TNA, WWE, WWF, UFC, IFL, IRL?
LOL!

TDM TLAs.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Merely pointing out that TP estimates of attendance are usually off by a factor of 2 if not greater. Remember the "100 V's" who were at the last Washington march? (Actually about 30).

More cumulative evidence that the TP movement is continuing to wane despite Russo's masterpiece.

Where is Stevie to tell us that there were actually millions at the WTP meeting?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
LPC

Post by LPC »

Joey Smith wrote:Merely pointing out that TP estimates of attendance are usually off by a factor of 2 if not greater.
I am somehow reminded of the joke about why women are so bad about judging distances.

So, women are bad at judging distances and TPs are bad at judging numbers. Coincidence? I think not.
Dan Evans
Mithra

Post by Mithra »

webhick wrote:
"V," from the movie by the same name
Movie's name was not "V", but "V for Vendetta" . . . .
"V", on the other hand, is the name of a fine mini-series shown originally on NBC during 1983. It starred Marc Singer (Beastmaster) and Robert Englund (just barely pre-Freddie), among others.

It was followed by "V: The Final Battle" in 1984, adding Michael Ironside to the cast, never a bad decision, and "V: The Series", which ran for one season, also in 1984, although a bit of "never mind" was required to explain away the "final" part of the earlier mini-series.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Mithra wrote:"V", on the other hand, is the name of a fine mini-series shown originally on NBC during 1983. It starred Marc Singer (Beastmaster) and Robert Englund (just barely pre-Freddie), among others.
And Jane Badler. God, how could you forget Jane Badler?
Dan Evans
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Oh no-- shape shifting lizards!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

LPC wrote:
Mithra wrote:"V", on the other hand, is the name of a fine mini-series shown originally on NBC during 1983. It starred Marc Singer (Beastmaster) and Robert Englund (just barely pre-Freddie), among others.
And Jane Badler. God, how could you forget Jane Badler?
I sure as hell couldn't. Major babage! :wink:
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

CaptainKickback wrote:I swear I first read babeage as babbage and thought, "what's a differential engine got to do with this?"
Lady Ada: Major-league babeage Mistress of the Babbage! :lol:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

CaptainKickback wrote:I swear I first read babeage as babbage and thought, "what's a differential engine got to do with this?"
It's what makes the hips swivel