Dogwalker's defense strategy

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Dogwalker's defense strategy

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:
2. The jail has cut the defendant's counsel's time in the law library to two(2) hours a day about three weeks ago, and some days the counsel gets no time at all.
So, Danny was hogging the law library for five hours a day.
No, not Danny. His counsel was hogging the law library. Can't you tell the difference?

Danny's counsel has also been talking at night, keeping Danny awake.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Riley keeps screaming that he is "sui juris" and not "pro se," and that there's a difference. And he's right and he's wrong.

He's right that there is a difference between sui juris and pro se, because one can be sui juris (legally competent) without being pro se (representing one's self without a lawyer), and pro se without being sui juris.

And Riley is wrong because he's the latter. (Pro se without being sui juris.)
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

He wants his cookie and his nookie. End of story
I can about promise he'll get one...

and is anyone as SHOCKED as I am that DTDW doesn't get along well with his comrades?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I must be getting soft. :? The more I read of Dogwalker's rantings the more I think he is flat out incompetent to stand trial. Does he really have the mental wherewithal to understand the process he is involved in.

Maybe all this snow is making me soft in the head.

[Yoda]Young Dogwalker, doomed you are, doomed. Down the path of destruction you walk [/Yoda]
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

I don't recall who used it here first, but the term "perpetual motion machine" in reference to DoggyWalker is oh, so, accurate.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

A post on another forum from a DW supporter (bolding added):
danny tells the courts he will no longer correspond with his court forced lawyer sven wiberg. read his filing here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2176911/danny-274

the courts response in record time...
02/26/2008 ENDORSED ORDER denying 274 Motion to
Dismiss as to Daniel Riley (1). Text of Order: Various
Motions to Dismiss are Denied. The Court understands
that Defendant Daniel Riley represents himself in this
case. The Court declines to remove standby counsel. So
Ordered by Chief Judge George Z. Singal. (jar)
(Entered: 02/26/2008)

however they still list him as pro-se on the docket filings....
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

From
http://www.scribd.com/full/2176889?acce ... jxzx80z7oh
The defendant has still never receivedthe picture from the original indictment on page 7, ¶ 10(p). The indictment asserts (not alleges) that defendant RILEY and Co-Conspirator A (Cirino Gonzalez) and another person not named, posed with Ed Brown for a picture. In this picture, the indictment assets "RILEY and co-conspirator A possess rifles."
Looks like the original indictment had a flaw. Considering that he 'll be going to trial based on Superseding Indictment #3, I think he needs to focus on what 's alleged in that current document instead.

Paragraph 10(p) was changed in the superceding indictments and now looks like this.
p - At a date uncertain but between in or around May 2007 and in or around September 2007, GONZALEZ and GERHARD and another person posed for a photograph with Edward Brown. The photograph was posted to an account on a social networking internet site, myspace.com, that was registered to GERHARD. The internet account was used to make statements in support of Edward Brown and Elaine Brown. In the photograph, GONZALEZ and GERHARD possess rifles ;
The photo:
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Man, his latest filings really are confused. I can't remember, wasn't he found competent to stand trial after an exam? It sounds like jail is not going well for him at all. I suppose he'll have the rest of his life to get used to it - if he survives. I hate to say that, but its a possibility. Shame on his brother for not helping danny out.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:
In the photograph, GONZALEZ and GERHARD possess rifles;
The photo:
I don't see any rifles. Gonzalez and Gerhard have straps on their shoulders, but I don't know if those are rifle straps or camera bags.
Dan Evans
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

CaptainKickback wrote:In the lower left of the picture, you can see the trigger assembly for a rifle.
You can also see the magazine (from the bottom). It is hard to tell for sure, but it looks like an AR-15.

The strap on Reno's shoulder looks too thin to be a rifle sling and whatever the item is at the end of the strap does not look like a weapon (or at least a rifle). Maybe it is a Murse with a handgun in it. :thinking:
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

CaptainKickback wrote:In the lower left of the picture, you can see the trigger assembly for a rifle.
Good eye.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote: You can also see the magazine (from the bottom). It is hard to tell for sure, but it looks like an AR-15.
That's precisely what it is.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

People who make bombs with the intent to kill or maim federal employees are certainly not high on my list of people to set free. Don't you think it would be a tad more prudent to start by releasing people who were nabbed for "possession of marijuana" or "public drunkeness" or prostitution instead?
Danny, who are basically all talk and no action,
I think you're channeling Stevie. Danny wasn't all talk with no action. He purchased the explosive material himself, had it delivered to his home, and then drove it to the Browns to build those pesky bombs.
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I think you're channeling Stevie.
Whereis Steve these days? Haven't seen him lately.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
I think you're channeling Stevie.
Whereis Steve these days? Haven't seen him lately.
Hey - knock it off. I don't want to draw him back in. It's nice to lurk (as I generally do) knowing that the offtopic rate is at a reasonable level. Steve's ability to threadjack was pretty good. If he had half an ounce of sense, he could be a public information officer somewhere and do quite well.
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: I think you're channeling Stevie.
One, I don't really care what you think, since you insult me by comparing me with that idiot.

Two, yes, these idiots made bombs and threats. But when push came to shove, their pledges not to be taken without a fight came to naught. They punked out.
Just what Stevie said!

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.p ... a&start=45

Has anyone actually even seen UGA Lawdog and Stevie at the same time? :lol:
Demo.
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

Unfortunately, it is far, far more likely that Danny will be spending a very, very long and bitter time in prison.
Yea, I tend to agree. As an interesting parallel, there was a report released recently that gave the background of an Aryan Nation's member, Sean Michael Gillespie. In 2004, he threw a Molotov cocktail at the Temple B'Nai Israel in Oklahoma City, OK. It did some minor (smoke) damage and no one was injured. He was subsequently convicted and sentenced to 30 years, and has been housed in maximum/high security facilities ever since. Although the motivations behind the crimes were different, I'd say the only difference between the two is the forward motion of an arm, or alternatively, a 4 pound trigger pull. Dogwalker and crew made their intent clear through multiple statements, and gathered/created the explosives and weapons necessary to act on those threats. Where Gillespie had a flammable liquid in a container, Dogwalker and crew had what the ATF categorized as a few hundred (if I recall correctly) explosive items/devices. If cases like Gillespie's are any guide, Dogwalker is looking at a very, very long time in jail. It will be nice when this is finally over, though. Perhaps then Dogwalker and crew will fade permanently into obscurity and be forgotten by all.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Oh no, they're stealing our Essence!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

There seems to be a common thread among the further fringes of the "protest du jure" community, and that is an attempt to justify breaking the law when they perceive some injustice (even done to others), then ignore the potential personal consequences until after they find themselves incarcerated or at least charged.

At that point, the screaming and hollering about the perceived injustice ramps up and seems to blot out any rational analysis of their own situation.

It's deja vu all over again. And again. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Just what Stevie said!

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.p ... a&start=45

Has anyone actually even seen UGA Lawdog and Stevie at the same time? :lol:
You just don't know when to quit, do you? Steve didn't advocate cutting anyone's nuts off in exchange for letting them out of the joint.
Perhaps I can be of assistance.

The gist of it appears to be that Sykes and the Lawdog are ideological twins, except that the Lawdog additionally likes the idea of castration.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume