Ed and Elaine Brown's latest delusion

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Looks like they're making headlines again...

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /304090001
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Imalawman wrote:Looks like they're making headlines again...

The first sentence says it all:
Ed and Elaine Brown have reviewed the evidence in their federal tax evasion case and have determined that their convictions should be overturned and their case dismissed “with prejudice.”
Anyone who thinks they can judge their own case has a fool for a litigant.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Yeah some headlines! Too bad the Browns could not achieve ranking on the top-read stories list this time, but the locals are a discriminating bunch and prefer such gems as "Parking Space Unclear".
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Lambkin wrote:

Yeah some headlines! Too bad the Browns could not achieve ranking on the top-read stories list this time, but the locals are a discriminating bunch and prefer such gems as "Parking Space Unclear".
Yep, we suck. :) Did you read the story about the "Amazing Goddess". I loved that one when it first broke.

Honestly, we don't really have a lot to talk about up here. There was a really heated topic over a woman who works at the Town Hall in Pittsfield who was demanding to bring her dog into work - despite the fact that one of her co-workers (and boss, IIRC) was allergic.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

webhick wrote:
Lambkin wrote:

Yep, we suck. :) Did you read the story about the "Amazing Goddess". I loved that one when it first broke.
I sure did, I even liked the mystery mailbox story better than the latest episode of Ed & Elaine.

It reminds me of The Music Man which I am probably misquoting badly:
So what do you do for fun around here?
Well a farmer had a chicken that laid an egg with three yolks, made the paper.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Sounds to me like Ms. Sanger-Katz is merely burping out the required Ed & Elaine updates. She must have drawn the short straw.

Just once, I'd love to see:
not actually reported by Concord Monitor wrote: Ed & Elaine: Pigs Fly

As it turns out, pigs can fly. Not the traditional kind of pigs that we call "breakfast", but the pigs that are the fruition of lunacy. Yes, lunacy. Not just any run-of-the-mill lunacy, but the kind that wallows in it's own grandiosity, rolls in it's own self-importance, and eventually takes flight in the form of full-blown delusion. And the best part about a delusional pig is not that it will eventually start attempting to breed with the family chihuahua; but that it likes to pretend that it's an engineer on a run-away train, pick up other delusional pigs along the way, and will eventually run head-long into a mountain.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC

Post by LPC »

Lambkin wrote:It reminds me of The Music Man which I am probably misquoting badly:
I read story once about a small town in New Hampshire that was described as really not much more than a wide spot in the road, and which was so quiet that the locals still talk about the great dog fight of 1963.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:
Lambkin wrote:It reminds me of The Music Man which I am probably misquoting badly:
I read story once about a small town in New Hampshire that was described as really not much more than a wide spot in the road, and which was so quiet that the locals still talk about the great dog fight of 1963.
I agreed to help my mother locate her birthplace, a place known as Slate Shoals, Texas. As far as she knew it was near Paris and we went there first. After looking around and asking in the various stores at the town square, we encountered one old timer who gave us directions that led out towards and along the Red River. We ended up on a single lane road and after passing through an seemly interminable stretch of woods came out over a gentle sloping hill and a couple of farm houses. As we passed the homes, there was a sign stating "Slate Shoals." I started looking for the actual town on the horizon, although I expected I would only find something in the order of a small post office, filling station or general store. As I passed the last house, I noticed a sign on the other side of the road, facing oncoming traffic. As I passed this sign, I turned back to see what it said. And of course, it did say "Slate Shoals."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC

Post by LPC »

The Observer wrote:As I passed the last house, I noticed a sign on the other side of the road, facing oncoming traffic. As I passed this sign, I turned back to see what it said. And of course, it did say "Slate Shoals."
That's also a joke from "Bert and I" by Marshall Dodge.

Farmer sits on his front porch watching the "city slicker" drive back and forth. Finally, the driver stops.

Driver: "Fahmeh, how do ah get to East Millinocket?"

Farmer: "Doncha move a goddam inch!"
Dan Evans
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Observer wrote:...I agreed to help my mother locate her birthplace, a place known as Slate Shoals, Texas. As far as she knew it was near Paris and we went there first....
If one wishes to find any town or municipality name in the Great State of Texas, I would refer one to any number of earlier (i.e., circa 19th century) editions of Webster's.

In it, simply select a page at random, close one's eyes, draw one's finger to a previously undetermined point, then rest your eyes on the nearest bold-captioned word.

There may surely still be, or at least there probably was, a town of said name in the State.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
The Observer wrote:...I agreed to help my mother locate her birthplace, a place known as Slate Shoals, Texas. As far as she knew it was near Paris and we went there first....
If one wishes to find any town or municipality name in the Great State of Texas, I would refer one to any number of earlier (i.e., circa 19th century) editions of Webster's.

In it, simply select a page at random, close one's eyes, draw one's finger to a previously undetermined point, then rest your eyes on the nearest bold-captioned word.

There may surely still be, or at least there probably was, a town of said name in the State.
I substituted my 1973 Webster's New Collegiate.

Tell me Judge, where is Ramadan, TX?
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

tommygun wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

I substituted my 1973 Webster's New Collegiate.

Tell me Judge, where is Ramadan, TX?
Just outside of IRAAN, TX. ENLIGHTENMENT is near BUDA, TX.

Judge Roy can also probably name the suburbs of DIME BOX. Unfortunately, Odessa is not anywhere near Kiev.
"My Health is Better in November."
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Way back when, a friend and I were driving through Alabama when we noticed a sign for Headland. :D

Two things came to mind...

1. I bet all the guys are happy in this town, and...
2. P***yville can't be far from here!
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

CaptainKickback wrote:And let us not forget Coalinga (in CA) which got its name from the fact that it was originally Coaling Station A, or Coaling A.
It's spelled Coalinga but it's pronounced "Cowschwitz" due to the enormous feed lots.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Lambkin wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:And let us not forget Coalinga (in CA) which got its name from the fact that it was originally Coaling Station A, or Coaling A.
It's spelled Coalinga but it's pronounced "Cowschwitz" due to the enormous feed lots.
Do the cows schwitz in the woods?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Here's a shocker. The government doesn't think that the rest of us should have to bear the cost of the Brown's transcripts:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown164.pdf
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Here's a shocker. The government doesn't think that the rest of us should have to bear the cost of the Brown's transcripts:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown164.pdf
That made my day. ::sniff:: ::sniff::

I guess all that bragging that Ed does to the papers, etc. is coming back to bite him in the patootie.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

And Elaine no longer has any use for that taxpayer funded public defender...

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown162.pdf
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown163.pdf
agent86x

Post by agent86x »

Demosthenes wrote:And Elaine no longer has any use for that taxpayer funded public defender...

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown162.pdf
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown163.pdf
Somehow I bet that attorney is getting a better nights sleep tonight....
webhick

Post by webhick »

agent86x wrote:Somehow I bet that attorney is getting a better nights sleep tonight....
You'd think, right?

Let's flip the coin. Maybe he's sleeping worse because he's waiting for the "Body of the Lord" to sue him for giving legal advice, since according to the voices in their heads, being a lawyer doesn't qualify him to say anything about law. Or sue him for being removed from the case and thusly obstruct her ability to get fair representation in court. Or sue him for wearing a navy blue tie on Thursday, which gives credence to the fringe on the flag which....oh bother.