Ed and Elaine Brown's latest delusion

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Reached by telephone at his home last week, Ed Brown declined to comment on the couple's plans.

“We're not talking to anybody,” Brown said. “The news doesn't exist, the government doesn't exist, all of you don’t exist.”
As if extreme stupidity and paranoia weren't enough, this idiot now descends into solipsism.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Rose, the tax protester, said he had his doubts about whether his own imprisonment had upped his credibility in the eyes of the public. He said sales of his book and video have stayed about level throughout the ordeal. He doubts he benefited from any “martyr” effect.
Well, 'near zero' is a level.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

History also furnishes examples of those who break the law for ideas that are ultimately vindicated -- such as anti-slavery activists in the 19th century and civil rights leaders in the 20th. But the power of their acts, Mello said, derives in no small measure from the fact that they recognize the law, however unjust they believe it to be, and understand the consequences of breaking it. “When the law says you can't do something and you go ahead and do it anyway as protest, part of what makes that protest legitimate, it seems to me, is the willingness to be punished for it,” Mello said.
Well put.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

[Larken]...said the disruption to his family's life caused by his prosecution, conviction, and prison term has simply been too great. “I probably would have filed incorrect returns, pretending my income was taxable even though I know it's not,” Rose said. “For the exact same reason that if I lived in a city where the mafia came by and smashed people's kneecaps, I’d give them money, because I like my kneecaps. That’s despicable, but in this country, that’s the only way to stay out of trouble.”
I'm sure someone out there can pull up some past quotes from Rose that stated to the effect he wasn't going to allow the governement to terrorize him into paying.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

all of you don’t exist
Which is as delusional as MulletBoy claiming that "he was prevented from presenting his views as evidence in court" since he chose not to argue 861 pre-trial, during trial, or post-trial. except to idiot reporters who don't know any better.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

In a telephone interview last week from his home in Hollywood, Pa., Rose -- an outspoken critic of the IRS whose video, Theft by Deception, Elaine Brown presented as evidence during her trial -- said he hasn't renounced his theories on the income tax and would still have spoken out about those views. But if he had it to do over again, Rose said, he wouldn't have put his ideas into practice.

He said the disruption to his family's life caused by his prosecution, conviction, and prison term has simply been too great. “I probably would have filed incorrect returns, pretending my income was taxable even though I know it's not,” Rose said. “For the exact same reason that if I lived in a city where the mafia came by and smashed people's kneecaps, I’d give them money, because I like my kneecaps. That’s despicable, but in this country, that’s the only way to stay out of trouble.”
More evidence (if more evidence were needed) that the jury was right, and that Rose's failure to file returns was indeed willful.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.