I believe this, no this, no wait this, no really this

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

I believe this, no this, no wait this, no really this

Post by Demosthenes »

Clinical Psychologist Faces Charges On Tax Evasion
posted May 27, 2008

A clinical psychologist is facing federal charges for income tax evasion.

Authorities said Gregory J. Williams has agreed to enter a guilty plea to making a false income tax statement.

He faces up to three years in prison and a fine up to $100,000 as well as restitution of $158,665 for tax years 200-2005.

Prosecutors said in 1998-1999, Williams' aunt began talking to him about the fallacies of the federal tax system. She provided him anti-tax literature and brought some individuals to his home to discuss anti-tax issues.

Prosecutors said these included a group called Global Prosperity as well as the Haggerty Trading System. Williams became convinced to become a non-filer, it was stated.

Prosecutors said the groups advised him not to notify his tax preparer or banker about his tax stance. He continued to send information to his tax preparer for 200-2003, but the returns were never filed, it was stated.

About 2003, Williams became involved with Eddie Kahn, who founded the Guiding Light of God Ministries, which offered to handle his correspondence with the IRS. The Justice Department raided GLGM offices and Kahn moved to Panama, it was stated.

Prosecutors said Williams was notified in September 2002 by the IRS that he needed to file returns, and he responded with a 39-page affidavit stating he was not required to file tax returns.

Williams then visited a tax protestor in Collegedale and obtained literature from him, it was stated. He contacted the Western Patriot Network and began attending Patriot meetings.

In 2004, he obtained a book written by Pete Hendrickson entitled "Cracking The Code."

Agents searched Williams' home on Feb. 21 and found a number of anti-tax documents.

He is represented by attorney Gary Gerbitz.
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: I believe this, no this, no wait this, no really this

Post by Famspear »

This is the individual with this web site, right?:

http://taxfool.net/
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Famspear wrote:This is the individual with this web site, right?:

Fam, you just like him 'cause he has your Wiki posts linked on his links page at http://taxfool.net/links:
Famspear - Quatloos Forum User

List of Tax Articles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Famspear#Tax_stuff
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

see:

United States v. Gregory J. Williams

U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
Chattanooga

case no. 1:08-cr-00064
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Same guy. His Criminal Information is here:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/williamsg1.pdf

And plea agreement is here:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/williamsg2.pdf
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

jg wrote:
Famspear wrote:This is the individual with this web site, right?:

Fam, you just like him 'cause he has your Wiki posts linked on his links page at http://taxfool.net/links:
Famspear - Quatloos Forum User

List of Tax Articles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Famspear#Tax_stuff
Yeah, and he's gotta hope that the judge likes his web site, too - enough to take his apparent change of heart into consideration.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Just finished reading the plea agreement. Wouldn't want to be Robert Clarkson right now...
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I like the taxfool website idea. I'm even considering writing this guy an unsolicited letter of support for his sentencing.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:I like the taxfool website idea. I'm even considering writing this guy an unsolicited letter of support for his sentencing.
IIRC, tommygun is in contact with him.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I hope so. The guy must be under god-awful stress.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

One would hope that a clinical psychologist would be able to accurately trace his own attitudes and motivations.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:What I find really interesting is what happens to people once they realize their dodge is not working on the IRS.

[ . . . ]

The majority seem to be knuckle-dragging idiots [ . . . ]

Perhaps Dr. Williams can do a study on it. Government grant, the whole magilla......
(bolding added).

I think that would be a fascinating study. I think the psychologists and psychiatrists could have a field day with these people.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Famspear wrote:
I think that would be a fascinating study. I think the psychologists and psychiatrists could have a field day with these people.
Eventually some TP will accuse Williams of being a government plant or some such nonsense sent in to "spy" on the TP ranks. You just watch.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Famspear wrote:
Eventually some TP will accuse Williams of being a government plant or some such nonsense sent in to "spy" on the TP ranks. You just watch.
Shhhh.....
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Famspear wrote:
Paranoia and irrational, delusional thinking among tax protesters? Awwww, that would never happen! Besides, it's theoretically possible that all the hard core tax protesters will eventually strip bare the lies and obfuscations and will learn the truth about the ultimate technological defense available to them against all Authority Figures.

Of course, I'm speaking of tin foil hats! Tin foil hats for everyone! Yeah, that's the ticket.....
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Further evidence (as if we needed it) that well-educated and presumably sensible people can be sucked into the anti-tax craziness.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Dezcad wrote:
Famspear wrote:
Shhhh.....
OOPS :shock:
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

fortinbras wrote:Further evidence (as if we needed it) that well-educated and presumably sensible people can be sucked into the anti-tax craziness.
The opinion of his aunt, who lived with him family during his childhood, apparently carries a strong influence. I wonder how many other TP's have been swayed by an "authority" figure in their life?
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Famspear wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:What I find really interesting is what happens to people once they realize their dodge is not working on the IRS.

[ . . . ]

The majority seem to be knuckle-dragging idiots [ . . . ]

Perhaps Dr. Williams can do a study on it. Government grant, the whole magilla......
(bolding added).
Ooh! Ooh! Maybe he can write a book!
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Famspear wrote: ...

Paranoia and irrational, delusional thinking among tax protesters? Awwww, that would never happen! Besides, it's theoretically possible that all the hard core tax protesters will eventually strip bare the lies and obfuscations and will learn the truth about the ultimate technological defense available to them against all Authority Figures.

Of course, I'm speaking of tin foil hats! Tin foil hats for everyone! Yeah, that's the ticket.....
On the subject of Paranoia and irrational, delusional thinking:

A gift from our friends at The Onion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoXQKum ... re=related