Tax deniers = dumb dumbs

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Tax deniers = dumb dumbs

Post by Demosthenes »

It's really simple: Use a BOE, go to prison.
Belleville man accused of tax evasion
Posted by News Staff | The Ann Arbor News June 06, 2008 16:24PM
Categories: Crime

A Belleville man was arraigned Friday on a 12-count indictment charging him with tax evasion, failing to file tax returns and passing fictitious obligations.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said Michael Collins of Belleville earned more than $210,000 in taxable income from 2001 to 2004 and failed to file his required federal income tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service.

Authorities also charge that Collins filed fraudulent Form W-4s with his employer, falsely claiming he was "exempt" from tax withholdings. Officials said he mailed four false and fictitious instruments, known as "Registered Bills of Exchange," totaling more than $118,000 to the IRS in 2003 with written instructions that the fictitious instruments should be used to pay his taxes.

No information on Collins' next court date was available Friday.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Tax deniers = dumb dumbs

Post by Demosthenes »

June 12, 2008
Belleville man charged in tax fraud
Andrea King
Staff Writer

Belleville resident Michael Collins was arraigned in the U.S. District Court recently on 12 counts of tax fraud.

Collins was charged with four counts tax evasion, four counts of failing to file tax returns and four counts of passing fictitious obligations to the United States government, according to U.S. Attorney Stephen Murphy.

During 2001-2004, Collins received more than $210,000 in taxable income and failed to file his required federal income returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). He also filed fraudulent W-4 forms with his employer falsely claiming that he was ‘exempt’ from tax withholdings, according to court records.

Officials said Collins also mailed false instruments known as ‘registered bill of exchange’ in 2003 totaling more than $118,000, which were used to pay his tax due and owing.

“Enforcing the law against individuals who intentionally conceal income and evade taxes is a vital element in maintaining public confidence in our tax system,” said Murphy. “We should not expect the honest taxpayer to foot the bill for those who hide income from the IRS.”
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
Bashful

Post by Bashful »

How many times does a person have to try to pass a phony check (AKA bill of exchange) before he gets that it won't work? I count from the indictment that he tried at least 4 times. Oh that's right - from the title of this subject - we are in agreement. Total moron.

If it wasn't for that, I doubt that DOJ would have bothered. Small fry.

Maybe he and Snipes can discuss this problem from the brig.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Gosh, I thought that David Merrill said that Bills of Exchange were suitable for suitors in these circumstances.

Looks like just another one time among the other 99.9% of the time that he was just flat dead wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Joey Smith wrote:Gosh, I thought that David Merrill said that Bills of Exchange were suitable for suitors in these circumstances.

Looks like just another one time among the other 99.9% of the time that he was just flat dead wrong.
In my best guess, the other .01% of the time, DMVP is just simply wrong. That is but a guess, however, for even a stopped clock is right at least twice a day. And, once in a while, even a blind hog finds an acorn, etc., etc., etc.
"My Health is Better in November."
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Prof wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:Gosh, I thought that David Merrill said that Bills of Exchange were suitable for suitors in these circumstances.

In my best guess, the other .01% of the time, DMVP is just simply wrong. That is but a guess, however, for even a stopped clock is right at least twice a day. And, once in a while, even a blind hog finds an acorn, etc., etc., etc.
Hey, there's .09% missing in this math. He can't be right that often. Maybe he would find an acorn if he were looking for one, but if you're looking under a pile of oak leaves for a dry martini, you will be forced to redefine failure as success.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Belleville man pleads guilty to tax evasion charges
by Amalie Nash | The Ann Arbor News
Tuesday March 10, 2009, 4:54 PM

A 47-year-old Belleville man pleaded guilty to tax charges Tuesday after authorities say he failed to file his income tax returns and instead filed bogus paperwork claiming he was exempt.

Michael Collins pleaded guilty to four counts of attempting to evade and defeat the payment of tax, the U.S. Attorney's Office said. Court records indicate Collins received more than $230,000 in taxable income and failed to file federal income tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service from 2001 to 2004. Officials said Collins also filed fraudulent forms with his employer claiming he was "exempt" from tax withholdings.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said Collins also mailed four false and fictitious instruments known as "Registered Bills of Exchange," totaling more than $118,000, to the IRS in 2003 with written instructions to use them to pay his taxes. A false "Register Bill of Exchange" is a negotiable financial instrument where the payee authorizes the U.S. Treasury to disburse the funds to the IRS, officials said.

Sentencing was set for June 11.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Is it just me or are the periods between conviction and sentencing getting longer?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The BOP has to investigate and prepare a presentencing report and provide that report to the defendant at least 35 days prior to sentencing. Since preparing the report usually take several weeks and involved interviewing the defendant, a two to three month lag between verdict and sentence is standard.
Demo.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Demosthenes wrote:The BOP has to investigate and prepare a presentencing report and provide that report to the defendant at least 35 days prior to sentencing. Since preparing the report usually take several weeks and involved interviewing the defendant, a two to three month lag between verdict and sentence is standard.
Its the U.S. Probation Office that prepares presentence reports in federal cases. Like Pretrial Services (the people who advise about whether a defendant should be released on his own recognizance or have to post a bond prior to trial), the Probation Office is an arm of the district court.

It is only after sentencing (if the sentence includes a term of incarceration) that the defendant is remanded to the custody of the BOP (which is an agency within the DOJ).
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

More dumb dumb stuff
From: RedemptionByMethod@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RedemptionByMethod@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of M. Renee Mason
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:44 PM
To: RedemptionByMethod@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RedemptionByMethod] OID and CID

I would advise anyone who is scared of the CID not to do the OID...I keep hearing and reading about the CID...blah, blah, blah...you guys better know how to handle yourself with public servants...(coming from someone who been grabbed under bogus charges and receive calls from CID and sheriff...)

Again...if you scared don't do it...it's not illegal...but if you can't STAND on who the HECK you are in front of these ACTORS...then you don't need to do this...because they do intimidate to find a WEAK LINK and when they find it...or think they found it...it ain't pretty.

If you are not willing to die for "A" cause...you don't deserve to live. Download the
(public servant questionaire) Public policy 93-579 and keep it near with you at ALL TIMES...

It's a wonderful feeling to have faith in still living if the flesh is taken...

Renee'
Demo.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

She double dog dares ya.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LOBO wrote:She double dog dares ya.
Perhaps because she/he may be seeing a drop in the number of marks giving her/him money due to the fact that people are waking up to the dangers of trying to pass a BOE?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff