Eddie Ray Kahn needs your support now, more than ever

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Eddie Ray Kahn needs your support now, more than ever

Post by Famspear »

Eddie Ray Kahn is at the Federal Transfer Facility of the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, at Oklahoma City. Prisoner number 18325-008. No projected release date.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons lists his name as "Eddie K. Kahn." I guess the "K" is a mistake?

See:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=27&y=14

I notice that the facility is at or near Will Rogers World Airport. I used to spend a lot of time there, many many years ago (uh - I mean that I spent time at the A-I-R-P-O-R-T, not at the prison facility!). Lived in Oklahoma City for a while when I was very young, and had a job where I used to make deliveries at the airport several times a week. My very first plane ride was on an orange Braniff Boeing 727 that took off from Will Rogers World Airport. (Anybody remember Braniff?)

I hope Eddie likes the neighborhood. I guess it's just temporary, though.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Eddie Ray Kahn needs your support now, more than ever

Post by Famspear »

There once was a preacher named Eddie
Whose grasp of tax law wasn’t steady.
So he thought he’d have fun
With ol’ "eight-sixty-one"--
Now, his prisoner’s cell will be ready.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

My father spent most of the year 1971 cruising the skies of SE Asia in an F-4E, along about June he got two weeks R&R in Oahu, so my mother, brother and I flew from NC to meet him there. We flew Braniff, non-stop from Houston (or was it DFW?) on a 747, very nice trip.

A few years ago I was talking with a friend who's an aviation buff and told him about it, his response: "You flew on Fat Albert!?". Apparently Braniff had only one 747 and it is almost legendary in some circles. I do remember that on the return trip the 747 was not available and we flew a 727, much less pleasant flight, but even so better than anything I've experienced recently.
When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

BBFlatt wrote:My father spent most of the year 1971 cruising the skies of SE Asia in an F-4E, along about June he got two weeks R&R in Oahu, so my mother, brother and I flew from NC to meet him there. We flew Braniff, non-stop from Houston (or was it DFW?) on a 747, very nice trip.

A few years ago I was talking with a friend who's an aviation buff and told him about it, his response: "You flew on Fat Albert!?". Apparently Braniff had only one 747 and it is almost legendary in some circles. I do remember that on the return trip the 747 was not available and we flew a 727, much less pleasant flight, but even so better than anything I've experienced recently.
My first flight (Boeing 727) was really cool. Not nearly as cool as flying in an F-4E would be, though.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

BBFlatt wrote:My father spent most of the year 1971 cruising the skies of SE Asia in an F-4E [ . . . ]
I should hasten to add that flying in an F-4E under the circumstances in which your father did it would provide me with a lot more excitement than I would need.

And, thanks goes to your father and all those who served as he did!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:Been in twin-engined turbo-props, 707, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11 and a couple of Airbus models. [ . . . ]
I've flown in Boeing 707, 727, 737, 747, Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, McDonnell Douglas DC-10; McDonnell Douglas DC-9 (now called the "MD-80"?); Lockheed P-3 Orion anti-sub warfare turboprop (Navy version of the Lockheed Electra), and turboprop "Convair 600" (if I recall correctly).

McDonnell Douglas is part of Boeing now, right?
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Jezza on Top Gear once towed a 747 in a tractor pull. Granted it was not as cool as I imagine flying in one would be, but it made me laugh so hard I shot a piece of carrot out my nose.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Famspear wrote:
BBFlatt wrote:My father spent most of the year 1971 cruising the skies of SE Asia in an F-4E [ . . . ]
I should hasten to add that flying in an F-4E under the circumstances in which your father did it would provide me with a lot more excitement than I would need.

And, thanks goes to your father and all those who served as he did!
I'll pass that along next time I speak to him. I never got to fly in a military jet, by the time I was of age to even consider such a thing dad was long retired, I agree it would be cool, at least if nobody was heaving telephone poles at you.

One of my favorite commercial aviation experiences was flying from Cheyenne to Denver once when I was the only passenger on a 19 seat turboprop. When we got close to Denver (this was shortly before Stapleton closed) the flight crew asked if I wanted to see the new airport. I said sure, and since I was sitting on the port side and the view was on the starboard, they rolled the plane about 45 degrees so I could get a better view. 8)
When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Eddie's associate in crime, Douglas Rosile, is now residing here:

Douglas P. Rosile
Federal Prison Camp
Pensacola, FL
prisoner # 43347-018

Projected release date: June 1, 2012

See:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=23&y=11
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

BBFlatt wrote:My father spent most of the year 1971 cruising the skies of SE Asia in an F-4E, along about June he got two weeks R&R in Oahu, so my mother, brother and I flew from NC to meet him there. We flew Braniff, non-stop from Houston (or was it DFW?) on a 747, very nice trip....
An AF brat, eh?

Ask him about the river rats and dead bugs. :lol:

And was he in Phoenix in '94 by any chance?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
An AF brat, eh?

Ask him about the river rats and dead bugs. :lol:

And was he in Phoenix in '94 by any chance?
I remember that back in the days when we would go to Sunday brunch and other occasions at the Officers' club that there was always a big bell hanging on the wall at the end of the bar in the casual lounge. I always wanted to ring it, but I was forbidden to do so. I have a dim memory of once seeing someone else ring the bell, and in short order there were 7 or 8 pilots lying on the floor with their arms and legs in the air. That's about all I know about deadbug.

I remember River Rats as a name on a mock unit patch dad wore on a special (non-regulation) flight suit that dad wore to certain parties, along with others like "Ho Chi Min Highway Patrol".

Dad retired in '76 so unless there was a reunion in Phoenix in '94 he wasn't there. Even so he mainly only goes to recce reunions (from his days in the F101).
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Eddie Ray Kahn apparently has now left Oklahoma City, and is in transit to ... somewhere:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... =&x=19&y=9
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Famspear wrote:Eddie Ray Kahn apparently has now left Oklahoma City, and is in transit to ... somewhere:

It now says La Tuna, a low security prison near El Paso.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:
TheSaint wrote:
Famspear wrote:Eddie Ray Kahn apparently has now left Oklahoma City, and is in transit to ... somewhere:

It now says La Tuna, a low security prison near El Paso.
Sounds kind of fishy to me.........probably has easy to scale walls too. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Ah, methinks that La Tuna must be found in a place, the depths of which I Kahn not easily fathom.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

His supporters probably think he's going to be either floundering or scrod, but (in actuality) he's going to be coddled.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Nikki wrote:His supporters probably think he's going to be either floundering or scrod, but (in actuality) he's going to be coddled.
Actually, this is a rather prickly situation in which he finds himself. He's on the thorns of a dilemma, so to speak.

(The prison is located in the desert; look up cactus fruit, and you understand the origin of the name. All of those wonderful puns are not only just so wrong, but they are wasted, too.)
"My Health is Better in November."