Dentist convicted of tax crimes despite being white

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Dentist convicted of tax crimes despite being white

Post by Demosthenes »

Dallas dentist who called IRS agents 'inland pirates' convicted of tax evasion 2:55 PM CT

02:59 PM CDT on Thursday, July 31, 2008
By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News
jtrahan@dallasnews.com

A jury today convicted a 64-year-old Dallas dentist and tax protester on evasion charges after he failed to pay $327,000 to the government for more than a decade.

Wesley David Bowden, who represented himself during the trial, stopped paying taxes in 1992 after he was audited. He told jurors during opening statements that he began studying the law and came to the conclusion that the Internal Revenue Service could not legally demand he pay tax.

“I don’t believe I’ve broken any laws,” Dr. Bowden told jurors earlier this week. “I’ve never had an assessment, so I’ve had no income since 1992, by my definition … Why would I want to destroy my life?”

Dr. Bowden was free on bond before the trial, but after his conviction, prosecutors requested he be jailed pending his sentencing in the next few months. A federal magistrate judge was expected to decide on the matter this afternoon.

Prosecutors had alleged that Dr. Bowden, who has been practicing dentistry since 1970, set up several trusts with friends and associates to hide his assets after he quit paying taxes, and ultimately owed more than a quarter million dollars.

In pre-trial motions, Dr. Bowden referred to prosecutors and IRS agents as “inland pirates” which “kidnapped” him during his arrest in April on the criminal charges. “I have been forced into a foreign court by deceptive trade practices, threat, duress and coercion,” he wrote. He also says he is not a tax protester, but someone who wants tax law applied legally, and refers to Texas as an “independent nation of free Christian white men like me.”
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Dentist convicted of tax crimes despite being white

Post by The Observer »

In pre-trial motions, Dr. Bowden referred to prosecutors and IRS agents as “inland pirates” which “kidnapped” him during his arrest in April on the criminal charges. “I have been forced into a foreign court by deceptive trade practices, threat, duress and coercion,” he wrote.
At last, a TP who finally gets it! A TP who sees the Grand Conspiracy for it really is! And being able to do all this while he was in a admiralty court. All I can say is:

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate’s life for me!

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs!

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er-do-well cads.
Aye! But we're loved by our mommies and dads!

"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

“I don’t believe I’ve broken any laws,” Dr. Bowden told jurors earlier this week. “I’ve never had an assessment, so I’ve had no income since 1992, by my definition … Why would I want to destroy my life?”
It would be great to be able to read the transcripts and see these comments in context.
Are those transcripts available (or will they be)?
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bravo, observer. But, to steal a caption to a cartoon of a couple of people engaged in activities resembling those in your lyrics, "Someday, we'll do all this by computer."
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Demosthenes wrote:
Dallas dentist who called IRS agents 'inland pirates' convicted of tax evasion 2:55 PM CT
I thought the "inland pirates" were the UK revenuers....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
FreeTaxTruthPatriot

Post by FreeTaxTruthPatriot »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
I thought the "inland pirates" were the UK revenuers....
They are, the US revenuers actually work for the Queen of England.
Demosthenes wrote:Dentist convicted of tax crimes despite being white
Can't blame him for trying, being white usually helps..