Bob Hurt, Larry Becraft, and Peter Hendrickson

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Bob Hurt, Larry Becraft, and Peter Hendrickson

Post by Famspear »

From Bob Hurt's "lawmen" group, at

http://groups.google.com/group/Lawmen

This is apparently a letter from an unnamed follower of Peter Hendrickson to Lowell (Larry) Becraft, which apparently was forwarded by Becraft to Bob Hurt and then was re-printed in the thread entitled Larry Becraft relays "typical" status report from tax guru follower on or about June 5th or 6th of 2008:
Larry:

I just returned home after 4 months in jail, courtesy of the State of Maine. I stupidly used Pete Hendrickson's ideas, lost my IRA to the IRS and my freedom to the State of Maine, and will be spending the next two years paying "restitution" to the state for taxes "owed" and not paid. From the very beginning, when I was first notified that I'd been secretly (!) indicted, the walls exploded with people wanting to help me with 1099 OIDs, Bills of Exchange, redemption processes or every color and hue. I talked to Robert Fox, took classes from George Gordon, watched videos by Richard Cornforth and Winston Shrout, took seminars with Jack and Margy Flynn. You name it, I looked at it. Thankfully, the redemption thing just never felt right to me. It all sounded like so much hokum. In the end, I went to court by myself, unrepresented because I couldn't get a lawyer to take my case. I still lost, of course, but also watched friends lose using the redemption processes. It's all insanity, Larry. I'm convinced that we have to go on the offensive. It took me 4 months sitting in jail before I realized what Tommy Cryer is saying: it's a "stay out of jail another day to fight the beast" tax. We can never change the system individually, even if we're lucky enough to win.

And yes, it's insanity. People really believe in this stuff. It's almost like a religion. The next one to go down, I'm sure, is Pete Hendrickson, and then maybe Dave Champion. The redemption gurus will take longer, but whether they're sincere or not, I think the powers that be are satisfied just picking people off one by one.

(name redacted)
Bob Hurt responds:
Personally, I cannot figure out why people live in a state that imposes personal income tax. Try one of these instead:

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming, Tennessee.
In the same thread, Bob Hurt also writes:
Larry Becraft forwarded to me a note from an unnamed person who complained about getting convicted in spite of following Pete Hendrickson's Cracking the Code technology for getting out of paying income tax. The essence of the technique: file a corrected return to contradict the 1099 and W-2 evidence of income. Many CTC users have received refunds. Some have suffered harassment by the IRS. Larry does not believe in the CTC technique and thinks that when the IRS gets fully wise to it and sees it as relevant enough, they will get the DOJ to indict Hendrickson and his most prominent CTC users.

I can understand both sides, and I believe this. Use whatever legal remedy you can to keep from paying tax you don't owe, but realize that you might have to fight the issue the rest of your life, and lose your family and assets and liberty in the process. Best solution: hide your assets so NOBODY can find or snatch them, and minimize the visibility of your financial existence. In other words, live in a fiscal hole. OR, make so much money you can hire a stack or lawyers and CPA and compensate them with bonuses keyed to how much they keep out of the hands of the IRS, then pay whatever tax you must. If you make enough money, you won't care. Now, go forth, multiply, flourish, and prosper.

Oh, by the way, Pete thinks I'm the enemy of the truth for passing around the unkind comments. He thinks wrongly. The truth can ALWAYS withstand honest investigation. Fortunately, he seems to agree because he sent a rebuttal.

Now, look at Pete's explanation of what happened to stimulate the complaint Larry sent me.

Bob Hurt
Here are Peter Hendrickson's comments as reproduced in the thread:
This person had been notified that she was about to be indicted for four years of both non-filing and filing "exempt" W-4s. At what proved to be less than two weeks before the indictment was handed down, she filed 4 (of what she claims to have been) CtC-educated state returns, which not only didn't get her out of her already-boiling hot water, but were viewed by the prosecution (and apparently the jury) as being just a bad-faith effort to dodge the flying bullets. This appearance of bad faith was supplemented by the court's refusal to let her introduce her federal filings into evidence (Maine requires that state returns reflect "income" figures as reported on federal returns, so her state returns were probably technically accurate, but she was denied the chance to prove this). She HAD already gotten at least one complete refund from the feds for those filings, which had been made months earlier...

Despite all this, she has convinced herself that the 11th-hour state returns she filed were what caused her troubles! This is a classic example of what I discussed in 'The Desperation Of The "Ignorance Tax" Defenders' at http://www.losthorizons.com/newsarchive.htm#5-09-08. Also, as I regularly observe in regard to the circulation of this kind of scare effort, the original circulator (at least) is thus revealed as an enemy of the truth about the tax (Bob Hurt, apparently).

Please do me the favor of posting this response wherever you have seen this misleading nonsense deployed.

Thanks again,

-Pete

P. S. I wonder, is this woman's name is redacted at her own request, or because of the fact that everything I explained about her case happens to be revealed in her indictment, which-- conveniently for those who want this case to be misunderstood-- thus can't be examined by those not already familiar with the case?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Bob Hurt, Larry Becraft, and Peter Hendrickson

Post by Dezcad »

Blowhard wrote:This person had been notified that she was about to be indicted for four years of both non-filing and filing "exempt" W-4s. At what proved to be less than two weeks before the indictment was handed down, she filed 4 (of what she claims to have been) CtC-educated state returns, which not only didn't get her out of her already-boiling hot water, but were viewed by the prosecution (and apparently the jury) as being just a bad-faith effort to dodge the flying bullets.
Pete's right for once. CTC-educated returns will be viewed as bad-faith efforts to avoid tax.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

State of Maine v. Joy M. Metcalf

I remember trying to dissuade her from her position on Cornforth Strategies. She was casting about for every scrap of remedy she could find and simply couldn't discern truth and error.

Hendrickson is correct in suggesting she didn't file the Maine returns until late. However, he errs in thinking she didn't file correct 'Cracking the Code' returns. She followed his strategy.

She's a Holistic Counselor, Writer, Lecturer and claims to be a Reiki Master and Channel.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Hendrickson errs in thinking that I would have mattered, the CTC return, whenever it was filed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

notorial dissent wrote:Hendrickson errs in thinking that I would have mattered, the CTC return, whenever it was filed.
Agreed, but I was speaking of the difference between the State and federal returns.

She must have followed the prescribed CtC procedure. She got a federal refund!

Wish that loophole was closed more securely. Wish the Sixth Circuit would issue its order.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

ASITStands wrote: Wish that loophole was closed more securely. Wish the Sixth Circuit would issue its order.
It's just a matter of time.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros