Sherry Peel Jackson Getting Destroyed In Prison

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Sherry Peel Jackson Getting Destroyed In Prison

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I've seen the equivalent of Becraft in other realms. Lots and lots of alleged "expert" advice right up to the point where your life depends on it. Seems a lot like "Why not? I'll hold your beer."

Guys like Becraft wind up only being discredited when their clients or acolytes wind up on the losing end because bad legal theory isn't often fatal except in death penalty cases.

In more tangible realms involving skills and knowledge we have more certain and timely outcomes. Stupid or incompetent people don't get far enough to find out if they will survive. Eventually nature has a way of weeding them out if irresponsible people let them try to operate dangerous machinery that is beyond their capabilities.

Becraft apparently tries to walk the fine line between maintaining his status as an authority figure for the protest/defier/sovereign community and still having a practice he can derive an income from.

That deserves some respect. On the other hand, the damage being wrought on the ignorant who tend to gravitate to the fringe myths raises the question about how tolerant the judiciary and the bar should be with Mr. Becraft and his clients.

Just my late night thoughts - partly because I have the luxury of a handy cattle prod that seems to be beyond the reach of most everyone else.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Don't forget Tommy Cryer!

While a major part of his victory [over incarceration] was played by himself, he credits Larry Becraft with crafting a strategy that helped him convince the jury of his innocence.

And, yes, it hinged on the jury believing he acted "willfully" or in "good faith."

Lloyd Long, Vernice Kuglin, Tommy Cryer. Three "good faith" victories that can be attributed to Larry Becraft, and though it did not save the defendants from eventually paying taxes and penalties, it at least allowed them freedom from incarceration. And, that was the point.

But the question was whether anyone knew of any Becraft appellate victories.

Larry Becraft's expertise is a "good faith" defense in willful failure to file cases.

When he has a good client with a convincing story, like Vernice Kuglin asking questions prior to indictment, he usually prevails, but he's probably not effective with any other defense.

He's tried to prove for years that citizenship creates a nexus to tax liability.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Excellent information on how fruitless the legal challenges are to settled tax law and the 16th Amendment. Any non-filers reading should just get the returns filed through a good CPA or by walking in to the local IRS office. Once you get a letter from the IRS challenging your position that you are not an individual required to file, you will probably need a good lawyer. Then go back year by year to establish a good faith determination to get in to compliance.

What kind of lives have those who beat the criminal charges of evasion, had? I'm reminded of a scene from the film "The Running Man"--with Arnold Schwartzenegger and Jesse Ventura. There is a scene where three past challengers to the predatory system who supposedly "beat" the system were shown to be rewarded with life on an exotic island. Only it later develops that that was just a ruse to show there could be a successful outcome. Only with the MLATs and other law enforcement resources there is no good escape to tax fraud. It isn't worth it.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)