Determination of the scope of "gross income"

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Is the previous post in any kind of compliance with the Blue Book citation standards?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

The increasingly demented voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:Though shalt not honour any NFTL unless it is filed in the US district court or it conforms to one office established by State statute...
Cite?

To an actual U.S. statute, not something the voices made up.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.

Post by . »

The voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:elastic currency
Very good. Has nothing to do with anything. Pure nonsense.

Now, how about that cite to a U.S. statute that you can't produce because it doesn't exist?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

. wrote:
The increasingly demented voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:Though shalt not honour any NFTL unless it is filed in the US district court or it conforms to one office established by State statute...
Cite?

To an actual U.S. statute, not something the voices made up.

What? You don't recognize the statute?

You know it is there. I just like the LOL going on while you pretend that if the NFTL is not filed in the US district court, and the IRS agent chooses the alternative, you Quatlosers entertain the notion that there is no requirement of the federal government (like the Fed is federal) to conform in international law to the statutes of the State - for using that one office in the State set up for filing NFTLs.

I think it was Notorial Dissent or maybe The Observer who understood enough to blurt something about filing the NFTL in the secretary of state's office or the county clerk and recorder mattered not. I know it plain that you only pretend I am coming out of an hallucination on that.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uniform/vol7.html#fedln
Uniform Federal Tax Lien Act

The only way for a suspected tax liability to arise out of law is for the entire process of curing the lien to conform to law. I spoke with a new suitor the other day who has confirmation from the Treasury that no certified accounting even exists, describing the alleged debt!

But if you want to allow unlawful liens to enslave you, Fine. Be like Happy Slave Lambkin.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S.
. wrote:
The voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:elastic currency
Very good. Has nothing to do with anything. Pure nonsense.

Now, how about that cite to a U.S. statute that you can't produce because it doesn't exist?
You have a marvelous sense of humor for a dot! And this one is also good...
. wrote:
The voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:You know, in the statutes somewhere.
Let's guess what you mean by "the statutes." Colorado's statutes, perhaps? LOL.
Laugh yourself to death ..
Last edited by David Merrill on Tue May 01, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

but it justifies in her mind that she can be so obviously out-of-kilter with the requirements of her Maker
*Warning -- Official rant of the day*

I get so worn out of a certain strain of tax protesters trying to pretend like God cares one way or another how much money they have. I seem to remember some in the Bible about giving away your possessions, so I'm not buying it. It's not like you are arguing that if you didn't pay income tax you would be starting a charity to feed starving orphans. It's just about greed.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

I get so worn out of a certain strain of tax protesters trying to pretend like God cares one way or another how much money they have.
You have to read that in context of . saying the "elastic currency" of the 1913 Federal Reserve Act is pure nonsense. If FRNs can be redeemed upon demand in lawful money, they are unlawful money. Make sense?

He obviously has never read the Act. Even the first line I quoted. He has a reason for denying the truth. He has a very good reason to dissociate himself from reality.

That was my point.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Last edited by David Merrill on Tue May 01, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

David Merrill wrote:But if you want to allow unlawful liens to enslave you, Fine. Be like Happy Slave Lambkin.
Decisions, decisions.

Option 1 - me, mostly rational self-interest, I take care of me and my family

Option 2 - typical tax protester, thinks they can get away with stealing, they're trying to act self-interested but there is some brain damage, they are like a sect with their own Constitutional Shariia law system

Option 3 - mania, paranoia, delusions: that's you, PAM, etc. severely broken software

You make it so appealing.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Lambkin wrote:
David Merrill wrote:But if you want to allow unlawful liens to enslave you, Fine. Be like Happy Slave Lambkin.
Decisions, decisions.

Option 1 - me, mostly rational self-interest, I take care of me and my family

Option 2 - typical tax protester, thinks they can get away with stealing, they're trying to act self-interested but there is some brain damage, they are like a sect with their own Constitutional Shariia law system

Option 3 - mania, paranoia, delusions: that's you, PAM, etc. severely broken software

You make it so appealing.

Option 4 - redeem federal reserve notes in lawful money upon demand according to Title 12 U.S.C. §411. Redeem the national debt instead of contributing to it.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

David Merrill wrote:I was speaking of all the Refund checks featured on the Lost Horizons website. I have not checked for a while but last I did, it was quite a testimonial to the process.

As far as what you think I may have been speaking about...

A Notice of Lien must have judicial action within thirty days of filing or it dies legally. Too bad that is the truth. I think it a little convoluted for somebody to say that a lien needs to be recognized removed by the district court when it was never before the district court, which is a requirement for there to be a valid lien. Which is why removing the NFTL goes a long way toward stopping any levy or seizure, especially when accompanied by the statutes.

But moving on.

Regards,

David Merrill.
You still haven't shown where that statement has any legal support outside of Planet Merrill.

Post by . »

The voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uniform/vol7.html#fedln
Still waiting for a cite to a U.S. statute.

You're not pulling our leg, are you? Only one more page to go.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

. wrote:
The voices in Van Pelt's head wrote:http://www.law.cornell.edu/uniform/vol7.html#fedln
Still waiting for a cite to a U.S. statute.
Also, the Uniform Federal Lien *Registration* Act only specifies where and how liens are filed and says NOTHING about any judicial review.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Lambkin wrote:
David Merrill wrote:Then you admit to being a happy slave. If that were really true, that you are balanced and happy, you would be like the hundreds of readers here who know better than to bother saying it in a post.
That's right, I act in my own self interest most of the time. Guilty.
All this talk about being a slave and being "in the matrix". But, I'm happy. I really am. I have a great family, job, and future. I have a little disposable income now, but I'm saving more each month. If I want to go to a baseball game, I walk down the street and don't have to worry about the "feds" watching me. I don't walk around in fear that the IRS is going to crack down on me.

I guess I just don't see what's wrong with living a normal life and paying a fair share to maintain society. If that makes me a slave, then I'm absolutely fine with that.

You propose that I redeem FRN's, and buy into your nonsense, but yet you drive a scooter and have outstanding tax liens. You've got nothing going for you except that the voices in your head get lounder each day. No thanks, I'll take "slavery".
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Imalawman wrote:All this talk about being a slave and being "in the matrix". But, I'm happy. I really am. I have a great family, job, and future. I have a little disposable income now, but I'm saving more each month. If I want to go to a baseball game, I walk down the street and don't have to worry about the "feds" watching me. I don't walk around in fear that the IRS is going to crack down on me.

I guess I just don't see what's wrong with living a normal life and paying a fair share to maintain society. If that makes me a slave, then I'm absolutely fine with that.

You propose that I redeem FRN's, and buy into your nonsense, but yet you drive a scooter and have outstanding tax liens. You've got nothing going for you except that the voices in your head get lounder each day. No thanks, I'll take "slavery".
First, it's not a scooter -- it's an electric bicycle. A scooter requires a driver's license in most states and since David Merrill has no SSN and no DOB, he can't get a driver's license.

Second, the federal tax liens are filed against David Merrill Van Pelt, who (on Planet Merrill) is a completely different person than David Merrill.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Imalawman wrote:
Lambkin wrote:
David Merrill wrote:Then you admit to being a happy slave. If that were really true, that you are balanced and happy, you would be like the hundreds of readers here who know better than to bother saying it in a post.
That's right, I act in my own self interest most of the time. Guilty.
All this talk about being a slave and being "in the matrix". But, I'm happy. I really am. I have a great family, job, and future. I have a little disposable income now, but I'm saving more each month. If I want to go to a baseball game, I walk down the street and don't have to worry about the "feds" watching me. I don't walk around in fear that the IRS is going to crack down on me.

Exactly.

I still propose you redeem FRNs in lawful money.
...the federal tax liens are filed against David Merrill Van Pelt, who (on Planet Merrill) is a completely different person than David Merrill.
David Merrill Van Pelt is an artifice I am expected to create. And I do not.

You know about the alleged lien how? Please explain exactly what makes you think there is a tax lien against David Merrill Van Pelt?

Regards,

David Merrill.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Post by . »

LPC wrote:Also, the Uniform Federal Lien *Registration* Act only specifies where and how liens are filed and says NOTHING about any judicial review.
And, wouldn't it be true that the "Uniform" laws the voices in Van Pelt's head refers to are state laws usually adopted according to a model law as laid out by a conference of state Attorneys General, and has nothing to do with federal law?

Wouldn't it also be true that regardless of what any state law says about registration of a federal tax lien that it would be, by virtue of the supremacy of federal law over state law, incapable of having any effect on the underlying federal lien?

Wouldn't it also be true that the voices in Van Pelt's head are full of it?

We non-lawyers want to know for sure, not there is any doubt.

Still waiting for a cite to a U.S. statute, Van Pelt.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

David Merrill wrote:If FRNs can be redeemed upon demand in lawful money, they are unlawful money. Make sense?
No. Why would the government redeem unlawful money for anything? If they are unlawful, they would be counterfit. The only thing counterfit money can be redeemed for is a stay in the iron bar hotel.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

David Merrill wrote:The opening of the Federal Reserve Act explained the redemption of FRNs in lawful money right in the first descriptive clause:
An Act to provide for the establishment of Federal reserve banks, to provide an elastic currency...
When did you decide the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was Constitutional?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Which David has had some experience in doing - ironically enough for getting involved with the Montana Freemen and creating some funny paperwork that he claimed was legal.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

David Merrill wrote:You know about the alleged lien how? Please explain exactly what makes you think there is a tax lien against David Merrill Van Pelt?

Regards,

David Merrill.
I called your clerk and had her research lien filings in Colorado against the name "David Merrill Van Pelt."

She was most happy to assist me.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

. wrote:
LPC wrote:Also, the Uniform Federal Lien *Registration* Act only specifies where and how liens are filed and says NOTHING about any judicial review.
And, wouldn't it be true that the "Uniform" laws the voices in Van Pelt's head refers to are state laws usually adopted according to a model law as laid out by a conference of state Attorneys General, and has nothing to do with federal law?

Wouldn't it also be true that regardless of what any state law says about registration of a federal tax lien that it would be, by virtue of the supremacy of federal law over state law, incapable of having any effect on the underlying federal lien?

Still waiting for a cite to a U.S. statute, Van Pelt.
Maybe you will get a proper citation after I have had my fun.

Just keep up the antics about federal supremacy - you non-attorney you.

In context of the voices inside my head (for now), that is to say the statutes I paraphrase, you are saying that if there is a requirement that the Treasury post notices in a state office, the Treasury is not required to follow and/or abide by the State statutes of that same office?

If you are right then you are right also about federal supremacy.

The requirement, as I may someday show you, is that the NFTL be published through judicial action (judgment) in the US district court. Therein there is only federal law prevailing. In the alternative, the NFTL may be published in one office in the state where the state has established such an office.

The State of Colorado is such a typical state that adopted the Uniform Act as prescribed (suggested) by Congress. Personal NFTLs are to be filed with the secretary of state and Real Property NFTLs are to be filed at the county clerk and recorder's office where the property being liened is located.

What you are saying is that through federal supremacy, should the IRS agent choose not to file a judicial suit in the US district court, it matters not whether said agent files at that one office properly according to State statute?

Ergo we come to the setup I made for Nikki with my last question. The NFTL she is talking about is obviously a personal NFTL. Therefore it should be filed at the secretary of state's office. Is it, Nikki? Or is it misfiled at the county clerk and recorder's office.

Additionally, if Nikki is depending on an NFTL at all to say that there exists a lien at all, she is admitting that common law notice and grace is the rule at play. However I am still reluctant to address a lien that is not in my name and does not effect my ability to buy and sell property. Additionally I am reluctant to address a lien that is misfiled anyway - and according to the Tenth Amendment does not exist because it must have the power of law and judiciary behind it to exist.

It is a little slow on this folding keyboard at the coffee shop, so forgive typos and brevity please. I just wanted to give you all, especially John if he is still monitoring, something to chew on.

Regards,

David Merrill.