Another Hendrickson follower has doubts

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Re: Another Hendrickson follower has doubts

Post by . »

Another Hendrickson follower has doubts
Cost of CtC: $24.95

Frivolous filing penalties for using CtC: $30,000.00

Look on the face of an idiot who has finally figured out that he has been had: Priceless
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

RyanMcC wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I had a guy that I worked with a lot in the IRS who kept a small bottle of red liquid on his desk. The label read, "turnip blood". It always made me chuckle.
Funny.. Evil.. But Funny.. It would suck to walk in for an audit and see that.. :twisted:
Many moons ago, a colleague of mine at Legal Aid (the NYC public defender office) kept a quite realistic plastic replica of a human skull on his desk. When asked what it was, he would answer that it was the last guy who wouldn't take the plea.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

RyanMcC wrote:This is a notion that I see alot of tax protesters subscribe to. Thier belief is that if they can get enough people to stop paying taxes, the ones that still do will demand a different system and the IRS will collapse.

If a tax protester truely believes that, and believes the ends justify the means, it doesn't matter if the arguement they are making is valid, it only matters that someone will believe it and stop paying taxes. Sure it causes collateral damage, but you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs, and considering the well-being of others isn't something tax protesters are generally well-known for.

Naturally their logic is flawed on many levels (they can't get enough people to do it, the IRS wouldn't collapse even if they did), but they are largely oblivious to that. It's also a "saftey in numbers" issue. They probally believe that the more people the government has to deal with, the less likely it is they will get attention turned on them.

There's also that old saying "misery loves company". It's entirely possible that they just feel less stupid knowing they aren't the only ones getting in trouble with the government.
That has been my contention about the TP movement for years, that the leaders, deep down, know that what they are preaching/selling to their followers isn't going to work like they say it will, that the real goal is to attract enough people to rebel and not pay taxes. The goal is to overwhelm the status quo with hordes of non-compliant TPs, the belief being that the system will not be able to stand up to it and will collapse. And in their viewpoint, if the system does not collapse many of the followers will be able to avoid arrest and prosecution based on the "herd" defense (only the "weaker" ones will get picked off and individuals within the herd will find safety in numbers).

But you are correct that this strategy has no foresight and that it makes too many false assumptions about human behavior. Also what is not taken into account is how the government would react to a tax rebellion that was gaining momentum. I think Congress could act quicky enoough to increase funding for tax enforcement and collection activities and to hit the tax rebel where it hurts the most - their pocket book. And as we see, most TPs lose the fervor and idealism once they realize that having no money is not an attractive alternative.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

It's why so many tax protesters claim that because there are 67 million non-filers in the US, they must be winning. This ignores that those 67 million non-filers include kids, elderly, unemployed, and underemployed people who have no legal obligation to file.
Demo.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

As a cranky old guy, I simply choose to not spend my time trying to reason with folks who are not rational. I will be glad to attempt to help those that want to return to sanity but those who persist in delusion are on their own so far as I'm concerned.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Self-delusion is inherently wonderful and satisfying.

CtC will be replaced by something else wonderfully satisfying and equally delusional.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

. wrote:Self-delusion is inherently wonderful and satisfying.

CtC will be replaced by something else wonderfully satisfying and equally delusional.
I'm certainly glad of it. I would shudder to think I could pick up a job being snarky toward tax protestors outside of Quatloos if they suddenly all wised up.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Lasagna

Post by Lasagna »

These are my wife's returns and she is really starting to panic. I have continually assured her that the law is clear, and is on our side, but thus far things have gotten much worse than before we started this process.
This is the truly sad thing here. I have less of a problem with the wacky loner who believes he's fighting the good fight against the evil and oppressive State. The damage the loner does is limited to whatever his tax contribution would have been. What this guy has done, though, is unforgivable. His wife, who is unlikely to have ever done this without her husband's cajoling, may end up in jail because of the unbelievable selfishness of Artis.

Also, please note that Artis Register's post implies that his wife is the one earning money, and that he's unemployed. Nice job, Artis.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Lasagna wrote:What this guy has done, though, is unforgivable. His wife, who is unlikely to have ever done this without her husband's cajoling, may end up in jail because of the unbelievable selfishness of Artis.
See also: Hovind, Jo.
I believe today is her 'report to prison' date.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Lasagna wrote:Also, please note that Artis Register's post implies that his wife is the one earning money, and that he's unemployed. Nice job, Artis.
I wonder if he also convinced her to file separately, so that he didn't have to sign the return.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Lasagna

Post by Lasagna »

LPC wrote:
Lasagna wrote:Also, please note that Artis Register's post implies that his wife is the one earning money, and that he's unemployed. Nice job, Artis.
I wonder if he also convinced her to file separately, so that he didn't have to sign the return.
God, that would be low: "I am absolutely convinced that filing a tax return of zero is legal and proper, but on the off-chance that the IRS does make a stink about it, I'll use the wife as a mineshaft canary. If she survives, maybe I'll stick my neck out." I wonder if we can find out. Do we have any Quatloos agents on the LH boards that can surreptitiously ask him?
wserra

Post by wserra »

Lasagna wrote:Do we have any Quatloos agents on the LH boards that can surreptitiously ask him?
Not any more. Sheesh. Where's your office - that midtown building with the big new sign, "Secret Headquarters of Polish Espionage"?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Lasagna

Post by Lasagna »

wserra wrote:Not any more. Sheesh. Where's your office - that midtown building with the big new sign, "Secret Headquarters of Polish Espionage"?
Ha! That was awesome. I was going to try to come up with a witty reply, but that was way too funny to taint with a lame joke by me.