Van Pelt Watch

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Van Pelt Watch

Post by The Observer »

I am betting one (or more) of the following things will happen before or on the 15th:

(1) David will send in his cell phone number to the court-appointed psychiatrist and claim that this sufficiently fufills the requirement of appearing,

(2) David will file a number of documents with his clerk that will nullify the court's documentation and "cure" his restraining order per his interpretation of the UCC

(3) David will produce a number of archaic documents, hand-drawn sketches and pictures of pseudo-electronic equipment that conclusively prove that the lost treasure of the Templars is not buried in New York City (despite what National Treasure told us) and that for $350 he will cut any investor in for the share of the proceeds once he has resolved his current legal battles and can actively pursue uncovering the hoard - which he believes is in downtown Toledo.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

UGA Lawdog wrote:Hey, we need to keep a thread open here. David has a court-ordered psych exam on Thursday the 15th. Any bets as to whether he shows up or not?
Let's see, the fifteenth is an integral part of the green jackhammer celebration of the final decree of undefined durational presence, therefore nine penetrations will result in a change in how flour binds with egg whites because the bicycle tipped over during the tournament.

Clearly, Van Pelt will be bound by that result.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
UGA Lawdog wrote:Hey, we need to keep a thread open here. David has a court-ordered psych exam on Thursday the 15th. Any bets as to whether he shows up or not?
Let's see, the fifteenth is an integral part of the green jackhammer celebration of the final decree of undefined durational presence, therefore nine penetrations will result in a change in how flour binds with egg whites because the bicycle tipped over during the tournament.

Looks like English, reads like gibberish. Beautifully done.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Looks like English, reads like gibberish. Beautifully done.
Just trying to do my part. :wink:
The Devil Makes Three
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Betting that Davey will do the right thing?

*snicker*

*guffaw*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! LOL!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Okay, that's out of my system. My bet is that he defies the order and promptly gets picked up within 1-3 days.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

But hasn’t he already “timely refused for cause” the order and filed it in his magic case file folder so that it has been properly “abated”, alonlg with his “bill for damages”, you mean that isn’t going to make it all magically go away??
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

notorial dissent wrote:But hasn’t he already “timely refused for cause” the order and filed it in his magic case file folder so that it has been properly “abated”, alonlg with his “bill for damages”, you mean that isn’t going to make it all magically go away??
It's already gone away - in his world, at least. The conflict between what he thinks and how the real world works will work itself out. The question is, will he understand what has happened or will it be yet another experience re-written through the eyes and ears of the delusional participant?

From reading things he's posted over the years the condition (whatever it is) is chronic, which seems to call into question whether or not he really can act as his own counsel. Letting this proceed without a psych evaluation would be a mistake, IMHO.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

SFBFKADMVP is a great one for having things "go away" in his little solipsist world. His previous experience in jail -- sixty days -- he effectively denies by claiming that there was some little problem about the filing of the county prosecutor's oath of office (that county prosecutor is now the Attorney-General of Colorado), and that seems to comfort DMVP even though he actually endured sixty days in lockup (for passing Leroy checks).

He'll have to do a lot better at denial if he gets convicted of this felony; at least a year behind bars in close quarters with heavy-duty malefactors who would love to demonstrate their own resentments about domestic abuse. No smarmy jokes about prison life this time; he'll be lucky if he isn't permanently crippled.
Doktor Avalanche

Today's the day, folks - the betting is now closed.

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

DMVP did show up in court today. He also snuck in a tape recorder, which I think is a no-no but compared to his other stuff this is nothing.

The judge wanted DMVP to sign a form giving his consent to the psych exam. Evidently the judge came to realize that DMVP might go through all the motions and then insist that it was not voluntary. DMVP refused to sign which meant, the judge made clear, that there would not be a psych exam. I am not sure what else occurred.

DMVP seems determined to handle his own defense and the judge apparently has serious doubts as to whether DMVP is sufficiently sound of mind to refuse an appointed lawyer. The legal presumption is always that a sane defendant wants, and ought to have, a lawyer, so the burden is actually on DMVP to show that his decision to the contrary is the product of a sound mind. There is also, undoubtedly, a question about DMVP 's mental health as regards the offense, his likelihood to re-offend, and what sort of accommodations he'll get if convicted.

In the absence of a psych exam, DMVP might be allowed to go forward pro se (probably a lawyer will be appointed to wait in the wings to advise him, rather than handle the case for him), and, in the absence of a professional opinion that he has any sort of mental defect, no mitigation of the punishment if convicted.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I'm shocked! :shock: Shocked I tell you! :shock: :shock:

The Judge didn't just succumb to Van Pelt's superior legal acumen and dismiss all the charges? What are these admiralty courts coming to? Next we'll hear they're doing away with the gold fringe on the flag and all the Judges are resigning in terror. :roll:
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The word salad generator comes across much better in writing than he does in person.

He seems to have the vocal quality (intonation, cadence, hesitance) of someone in his late teens, not a 50-year-old man.

His speech defect comes through clearly in the recordings, casting even more light on his makeup.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

fortinbras wrote:DMVP did show up in court today. He also snuck in a tape recorder, which I think is a no-no but compared to his other stuff this is nothing.

The judge wanted DMVP to sign a form giving his consent to the psych exam. Evidently the judge came to realize that DMVP might go through all the motions and then insist that it was not voluntary. DMVP refused to sign which meant, the judge made clear, that there would not be a psych exam. I am not sure what else occurred.
I just listened to the three audioclips posted by David, and I heard the shrink talking to him, not the judge. In other words, he showed up to his psych eval but wouldn't participate.
David: You're not an attorney?

Other: I've already told you that.

David: Are you an attorney?

Other: I've already told you I'm not an attorney, I am a doctor here to examine you. I'm a neuropsychologist - [David interrupts]

David: I only asked because it sounds like you're giving legal advice.
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche

My guess is long-term heavy substance abuse, specifically methamphetamine or crack cocaine.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Asperger's Syndrome does not require nor even involve delusions, such as DMVP uses to build his arguments.
Meth and crack can only be gotten with serious money, something that has always eluded DMVP.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Symptoms exhibited to date:

Apparently normal young life - graduated from college, married (now divorced), etc

Something changed

Intently focused on concepts to the exclusion of other activities:
- mathematical analysis of Hebrew
- sonic frequencies to cure SARS
- battles with government result in losing driver's license, car, and scooter
- fixation on personal interpretation of government, laws, history to the exclusion of facts not fitting his world view

inability to recognize differences between successes and failures
inability to get over minor insults -- he still loathes ENM for contacting "his clerk"
significant difference between verbal and written communication skills
intense need for interaction with others -- long history of high-profile presence on many Internet forums
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:I just listened to the three audioclips posted by David, and I heard the shrink talking to him, not the judge. In other words, he showed up to his psych eval but wouldn't participate.
Right (except that he posted four mp3 clips). The poor neuropsych ended it when it became clear that David was going to keep going in circles and not cooperate. Not great, but certainly better than not showing.

I predict the same result as for the Dim Dorean Duo, who did the same thing - competent, playing games. Given, though, that David's matter is in state court, and is less serious, the result is not all that clear. If the complainant doesn't wish to proceed with a prosecution, it affects the situation considerably. In that case, state courts tend to wish cases like David's away - or find him incompetent, which results in involuntary commitment without a finding of guilt. The likelihood of that result increases exponentially if David's mother doesn't want him incarcerated, but rather confined on a civil commitment.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

David has filed, well, something in his DC Colorado misc docket. It appears to be a bad copy of an envelope addressed to "David Merrill of the Van Pelt Family" from the chambers of the judge presiding over his present state criminal charge.

I'm sure that it bears some deep significance.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche

fortinbras wrote: Meth and crack can only be gotten with serious money, something that has always eluded DMVP.
He could have a nickel-dime habit. Meth and crack don't cost that much (about $5-$20) if you buy in small amounts.

Or, conversely, his mother may have been fueling his habit for some time now (either giving him money or he was helping himself to her purse) and when she decided to cut him off...well, I think you can guess the rest.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Before we get too far off into the drugs... It could just be a combination of a mental illness and something in the autism spectrum (like the previously mentioned Asperger's). My uncle's OCD schizophrenic and IF he had a form of autism and IF my grandparents did not shelter him from things like Peltian philosophy so well - you'd probably swear that he's related to David.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie