Van Pelt Watch

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Van Pelt Watch

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Nikki wrote: Apparently normal young life - graduated from college, married (now divorced), etc

Something changed
My money is on meth - people just don't weird out like that from being normal unless he sustained a head injury of some kind.

That's one of those things that would have reared it's ugly head from the beginning.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

webhick wrote:Before we get too far off into the drugs... It could just be a combination of a mental illness and something in the autism spectrum (like the previously mentioned Asperger's). My uncle's OCD schizophrenic and IF he had a form of autism and IF my grandparents did not shelter him from things like Peltian philosophy so well - you'd probably swear that he's related to David.
I'm willing to bet your uncle didn't just develop OCD/schizophrenia overnight and that he's had that condition since birth.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick wrote:Before we get too far off into the drugs... It could just be a combination of a mental illness and something in the autism spectrum (like the previously mentioned Asperger's). My uncle's OCD schizophrenic and IF he had a form of autism and IF my grandparents did not shelter him from things like Peltian philosophy so well - you'd probably swear that he's related to David.
I'm willing to bet your uncle didn't just develop OCD/schizophrenia overnight and that he's had that condition since birth.
He developed it in his late teens, and was able to function normally when he was smoking pot. He stopped smoking sometime during his marriage and the issues re-appeared. When his wife passed away he went further off the rails.

Not that I'm condoning anyone self-medicating with pot, but everyone I've spoken to who knew him then said that when he was off the pot he behavior was so erratic that it was like he was on hard drugs.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:Seems to indicate there was a serious brain chemistry issue involved.
Well, he's completely unmedicated now - illegal drugs or otherwise - and functioning okay. Granted, he'll never be able to live on his own and he's still really warped, but he's stable. And it's been like seven years since he got violent.

In any event, I don't think we should automatically assume that David has a drug problem because there are a lot of factors that can cause someone to either just freaking snap or be able to hide their Peltness for a limited run.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

webhick wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
He developed it in his late teens, and was able to function normally when he was smoking pot. He stopped smoking sometime during his marriage and the issues re-appeared. When his wife passed away he went further off the rails.

Not that I'm condoning anyone self-medicating with pot, but everyone I've spoken to who knew him then said that when he was off the pot he behavior was so erratic that it was like he was on hard drugs.
(emphasis mine)

As I understand it bi-polar symptoms typically begin to appear in that age range.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

My youngest stepson has been diagnosed with Asperger's. Whatever David has, that ain't it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Codee

Post by Codee »

This is just too funny. David will either plea deal or the plaintiff will stop cooperating. There is no way David can win even the smallest motions on his own. He has no concept of what to do if the case goes to trial. I am not even sure if he knows what published jury instructions are.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Codee wrote:This is just too funny.
Sad, actually. Think of it - the guy's mother had him arrested. Even if David did nothing to merit it, there is something seriously wrong here. If that happened to me, the very last thing I would do would be to publicize it. So what does David do? Splash it on the internet in support of some stupid "lien/arrest the judge" trick.

That's to pity, not to laugh at.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:
Codee wrote:This is just too funny.
Sad, actually. Think of it - the guy's mother had him arrested. Even if David did nothing to merit it, there is something seriously wrong here. If that happened to me, the very last thing I would do would be to publicize it. So what does David do? Splash it on the internet in support of some stupid "lien/arrest the judge" trick.

That's to pity, not to laugh at.
I don't have children, but I can see myself doing that if I thought that was the best way to get my child help and he was actually engaged in criminal conduct. That might have been something the mom should have done a long time ago. I don't know the details of the case at all, (i'm out of the loop on this forum, been too busy lately) but maybe this will get him the help he needs. I've long since stopped laughing at him, I hope he gets some help and gets his life back on track.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Doktor Avalanche

Hmm...family members ratting out family members. Where I have heard that before?

Oh yeah...

I think this guy has a few words to say on the subject.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

EIther David assaulted his mom or he didn't.

I'm not sure how getting a restraining order against your son or pressing charges so that he spends 12 to 18 months in prison helps a wayward son.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

David wrote:
That is almost as funny as Nikki and Demosthenes casting aspersions on my sanity
Sorry, David. I don't think you're insane.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It's not funny. Presumably Mama Van Pelt doesn't trifle with the law and had a serious and valid reason to file charges and obtain a court order against her son. When a man's own mother is the complainant we're looking at an ugly situation. He's being charged with a felony; if convicted he can't own (or possess) a gun, as well as some other things. Almost certainly a few years of probation which might (or ought to) keep him off the internet and out of the court files. But the clincher is, if convicted, at least a year in the state prison; that's a good deal uglier than his previous 60-days in the county jail. He'll be penned up with seriously dangerous and nasty people, many of them sorely in need of anger management therapy. A good many of his prison neighbors were themselves victims of domestic violence as children and have no qualms about dishing out some personal justice to someone convicted of being a perpetrator.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

fortinbras wrote:It's not funny. Presumably Mama Van Pelt doesn't trifle with the law and had a serious and valid reason to file charges and obtain a court order against her son. When a man's own mother is the complainant we're looking at an ugly situation. He's being charged with a felony; if convicted he [colod=red]can't own (or possess) a gun, as well as some other things.[/color] Almost certainly a few years of probation which might (or ought to) keep him off the internet and out of the court files. But the clincher is, if convicted, at least a year in the state prison; that's a good deal uglier than his previous 60-days in the county jail. He'll be penned up with seriously dangerous and nasty people, many of them sorely in need of anger management therapy. A good many of his prison neighbors were themselves victims of domestic violence as children and have no qualms about dishing out some personal justice to someone convicted of being a perpetrator.
The above conditions, if a conviction happens, will just give him more ways to challenge the system and attempt to put his inane legal theories into practice.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Who took the picture?

Did anyone in it look like this?

Demo.
Doktor Avalanche

UGA Lawdog wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:My guess is long-term heavy substance abuse, specifically methamphetamine or crack cocaine.
No way. Did you see the picture of himself at the mental health clinic David posted? He's way too fat to be a meth-head or crack-head.
Not all meth users or crack heads get skinny doing meth/crack.

I've known plenty of fat tweakers in my day. While it's true they don't eat while they're high they have to come down sometime - and when they do they usually raid the refrigerator and make up for the time they didn't eat.

Usually they have a tendency to overeat at that point and not eat sensibly.
Last edited by Doktor Avalanche on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

No wonder the thread stalled out;

Lawdog is king of boring...

Instead of Unauthorized Practice of Law, Unauthorized Use of the Great Seal of Authority, Attempting to Influence Public Officials with a Lien, Criminal Impersonation...

Lawdog is accusing me of being chubby?? You guys kill me!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1028120951

Psychiatric Evaluation as an Arraignment Tool

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. This Review just in from elsewhere in the Echo Chamber:
The Doctor had prior knowlede and from his reactions and actions towards you
he was given an offer to engage in a Profit or investment into a
Financial Instrument and he was useing his authority to trick you into consent.

Can you use the Recording and have his responses analyzed for Intent to Coerce?
I picked it up, would be nice to see him squirm and watch his facial pores dripping with sweat if I could examine his motives and what his protocol or Affiliation with the state really is. What is Exactly your duty to the state, are you a "Doctor" or are you in any shape, way or Form involved in a Securities instrument Transaction, and if you are I need full disclosure of said Instruments.????, Doc is using a promise of financial Gain in your situation and his report will help determine if these Instruments become Monetized, that is conflict of Interest.

You were Brilliant David he was at the edge of his chair waiting for you to take an order
any order then proceed with the conversation directed at you giving consent.
thank you for the Audio of that.

He was mad because you knew how to pluck the strings of his Instrument
better than he did.

I love it.
there is so much to learn from that interview , I recommend everyone to examine it.
dealing with supposed authority.

Nice song , I love his style of playing!

Thanks, pretty good voice to David!
Enjoyed the video immensely, very informative.

Will follow
Peace
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The preceding post could very well be exhibit one for any pyschiatrist looking for hard evidence of narcissism.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Lawdog should be chastized for any chubby comments. I imagine it offended a lot of attorneys and other Quatlosers - probably why the thread stalled out.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

David Merrill wrote:Lawdog should be chastized for any chubby comments. I imagine it offended a lot of attorneys and other Quatlosers - probably why the thread stalled out.
Nothing interesting seemed to be happening in your case. What is the next step? When is your next court appearance? When do you collect your $20Million?

How come your sister had to put up your bond? Did she use lawful money for your bond?