How will the Ed & Elaine show end?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.

How will the Ed & Elaine show end?

Total votes: 0

ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

I agree with Lamkin. If they were taking a principled stand against taxes, I'd view them very differently. Then again, if they were doing it as the result of a principled stand, they'd willingly go to prison for it.
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

All the Feds have to do is go undercover as TP supporters, get friendly and when the time is right tazer the hell out of them and it’s over.
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Doesn't the whole "waiting them out" strategy work better when the people inside don't have food, water, electricity, cable, phone service, internet access, free access from visitors, and the comforts of home?

I really hope this excessively lenient stance from Monier is part of some grander strategy to apprehend the Browns. It's ridiculous to expect them to crack when they're allowed to have visitors and enjoy the comfort of their own home.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Have the eleven days expired?

It seems to me the marshals were at least waiting for the eleven days to expire. After that I have no idea. It's a touchy situation, and no one wants a gun-fight or worse.

However, I agree that phone service, etc. should be discontinued. Cut off all contact with the outside world [except, I suppose that hurts the marshals effort to talk them in]. Tough call.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

TheSaint wrote:Doesn't the whole "waiting them out" strategy work better when the people inside don't have food, water, electricity, cable, phone service, internet access, free access from visitors, and the comforts of home?
My understanding is that they're running low on Montrachet.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

ASITStands wrote:Have the eleven days expired?

It seems to me the marshals were at least waiting for the eleven days to expire. After that I have no idea. It's a touchy situation, and no one wants a gun-fight or worse.
Day # 11 would be May 5th.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Per a 4/20 update on Keene Free Press:
Ed said he may venture into town some day soon, so he warned the local sheriff to keep 100 feet away from his truck. Ed's latest strategy is to refuse to talk to the media and the authorities.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ElfNinosMom wrote:Per a 4/20 update on Keene Free Press:
Ed said he may venture into town some day soon, so he warned the local sheriff to keep 100 feet away from his truck. Ed's latest strategy is to refuse to talk to the media and the authorities.
100' from his *truck*. So, if Ed gets out of the truck and leaves the 100' radius...
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Anybody want to bet ON Ed's ability to get back into his compound after he takes his little jaunt into town?

I'm betting against him, even money.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

4/20 huh? There's nothing out there on the street that'll give you Ed's kind of high.

As for driving into town, it would be a good opportunity to use spike strips.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

grixit wrote:4/20 huh? There's nothing out there on the street that'll give you Ed's kind of high.

Does the IRS happen to have a water cannon?
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Oh come on....I much prefer the visual of law enforcement officials foot racing Ed back into his 100' "base."
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Lambkin wrote:
grixit wrote:4/20 huh? There's nothing out there on the street that'll give you Ed's kind of high.

Does the IRS happen to have a water cannon?
This has long since passed being an IRS issue.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Ed's odds of succeeding are pretty good, the first couple of times out. Ed is in Plainfield. The Marshals are in Concord. According to Mapquest, that's 71 miles away, with a drive time of 1.25 hours.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:Ed's odds of succeeding are pretty good, the first couple of times out. Ed is in Plainfield. The Marshals are in Concord. According to Mapquest, that's 71 miles away, with a drive time of 1.25 hours.
That's what they WANT us to think. :twisted:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The local letters to the editor in NH have been getting interesting.
Seize and sell
Rich Krajewski, North Sutton
For the Monitor

May 01. 2007 8:00AM

Ed and Elaine Brown have burdened the U.S. taxpayers by failing to pay their fair share of federal taxes. In addition, they continue to burden the federal government because they refuse to surrender.

A jury of their peers has found the Browns guilty of tax evasion. The defending lawyer should be disbarred for presenting such a lame defense. Oh, I forgot, Ed chose himself for legal counsel.

By failing to fill out a "government form," the Browns have caused all of us financial harm. The fact that they remain at large further demonstrates their lack of regard for the law and civic responsibility.

Make no mistake about it: The Browns should and will go to prison. Seizure and sale of the Browns' fortress to the highest bidder will serve as example of what happens to tax evaders.

RICH KRAJEWSKI
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

From Fred Smart on the Ed Brown "show us the inherent law" blog"
The letter was dated April 20, 2007 was the 118th anniversary of the birth of Adolph Hitler and it was the one (1) year anniversary of an incident that my two younger boys witnessed, to their and my/their horror, in Campbellsport WI last year. A friend of mine and myself were arrested and handcuffed for no cause while we were trying to deliver food and good cheer to another individual/friend who was being stalked and terrorized by his local county sheriff's dept. My two sons witnessed this horror in the light of an incredibly beautiful day. Tears were streaming down their eyes as they cried and cried while I was locked up in the back of one of three sheriff's cars. Without any provocation on my part or the part of my friend, two of the sheriffs forcibly restrained me and threatened to mace me while I was arrested and handcuffed without being charged of any crime. My friend was next. We were being used as hostages by the sheriff's dept. to get my friend to come out of his house which he did peacefully and they attacked, subdued, arrested and handcuffed him, too.

It took some time, but they finally released my friend and me. I guess they knew they had overstepped - by a very wide margin - their authority and my friend and I were very peaceful, yet very irritated and concerned nonetheless. I was more worried about my two sons, Andrew and Thomas - 4 and 8 years at the time. They were not offered any assistance of any kind by the officers. They ended up retreating to the only place of safety they knew which was our van/car.
If it is true that young children were left to their own devices during a police raid in which their father was taken into custody, that's an extremely serious problem. :shock:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I just don't get why Fred, or any other of these idiots, would take small children to a standoff.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:I just don't get why Fred, or any other of these idiots, would take small children to a standoff.
The answer is right there in your sentence - between the word "these" and "would."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

First, why is there any reason to think that anything Smart has to say is true?

Second, even if true, so what?
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.