Roger Menner

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Roger Menner

Post by LPC »

RogerX415 wrote:This may be the first criminal attempt against CTC and if I go down everyone on this forum who has done similar, getting money back or not, will be next in line.
This is the kind of veiled threat and deceptive claim that has no business on any moderated forum, and I don't blame PH one bit for deleting it.

[/sarcasm]
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

This guy holds something of a distinction. He's one of the relatively few non-promoter TPs to be prosecuted. The only others I can think of off-hand are Steve Swan, Al Thompson and Dick Simkanin. And Simkanin was somewhat akin to a promoter in that he involved his employees involuntarily.

I wonder if it's at all indicative of how IRS/DoJ intends to handle crackheads generally.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

. wrote:This guy holds something of a distinction. He's one of the relatively few non-promoter TPs to be prosecuted. The only others I can think of off-hand are Steve Swan, Al Thompson and Dick Simkanin. And Simkanin was somewhat akin to a promoter in that he involved his employees involuntarily.

I wonder if it's at all indicative of how IRS/DoJ intends to handle crackheads generally.
This is just a WAG, but they might be looking for the long-term tax protesters among the group first. In other words, the ones who have tilted against the windmill before. After that, possibly prosecuting some of the high dollar amount evaders. All others could be handled through civil proceedings, unless they are excessively stupid.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Operative wrote:This is just a WAG
I find that WAGs are too gamey. I'm switching to free-range. Also, does anyone have a recipe that makes it taste less like ass?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:
The Operative wrote:This is just a WAG
I find that WAGs are too gamey. I'm switching to free-range. Also, does anyone have a recipe that makes it taste less like ass?
just go the the druggist and get some 'feminine rinse products' and soak it overnight before roasting
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

The Operative wrote: This is just a WAG, but they might be looking for the long-term tax protesters among the group first. In other words, the ones who have tilted against the windmill before. After that, possibly prosecuting some of the high dollar amount evaders. All others could be handled through civil proceedings, unless they are excessively stupid.
That's a safe bet if you've read LostHeads for any length of time.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Famspear wrote:Submarine Veteran himself wrote:
We need to help this guy till it hurts and we need to make sure that we closely track the happenings and support him with the collective analysis capability of this entire group.

Add more monkeys according to your needs.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

And, this news release from the U.S. Attorney's office for the Eastern District of Virginia, Feb. 20, 2009:
Glen Allen Resident Sentenced to 63 Months for Filing False Tax Returns and Obstruction of Justice

(Richmond, Va.) – Richard [sic; should read "Roger"] C. Menner, age 48, of Glen Allen, Virginia, was sentenced earlier today on five counts of filing a false federal tax return and one count of obstruction of justice. He was convicted on the charges in October 2008 after a three-day jury trial. United States District Judge Henry E. Hudson sentenced Menner to 63 months imprisonment, to be followed by 1 year of supervised release. Dana J. Boente, Acting United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia; Eileen Mayer, Internal Revenue Service Chief, Criminal Investigation Division; and John A. DiCicco, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Tax Division, announced the sentence.

Menner was previously convicted in federal court in 1998 on five counts of failing to file his individual income tax returns for tax years 1991 through 1995 after evidence was introduced at trial showing that he had received income from various individuals and building contractors during the prosecution years. Evidence introduced at the most recent trial showed that, as part of his conviction of the failure to file charges in 1998, Menner was ordered to file returns for tax years 1991 through 1995. In 2000, after he was released from prison on a term of supervised release, Menner filed false income tax returns for tax years 1991 through 1995 and for 1999 that reported that he had received "zero" income during those years and that he owed no tax. Prior to the present trial, the federal court sentenced Menner to an additional three months in prison for violating the terms of his supervised release.

After Menner was released from prison a second time, evidence showed he obstructed the IRS's attempts to assess and collect the taxes owed for tax years 1991 through 1995 by repeatedly submitting documents to the IRS that set forth frivolous legal arguments claiming that he had not earned any income during those years and that he owed no tax.

According to documents presented at the most recent trial, Menner filed "zero" individual income tax returns for tax years 2001 through 2005 on which he failed to disclose that he was engaged in a business activity, his carpentry business, from which he derived gross receipts even though he knew that he was required by law and regulation to disclose the operation of that business, the gross receipts and sales derived therefrom. Witnesses testified at trial that Menner performed carpentry services for them in tax years 2001 through 2005 and that they paid him by check for those services.

This case was initiated by a referral from the Civil Division of the Internal Revenue Service. The investigation was conducted by the Criminal Investigation Division of the Internal Revenue Service. Assistant United States Attorney Michael R. Gill and Tax Division Trial Attorney Mark Daly prosecuted the case on behalf of the United States.

[ . . . ]
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

You know, I can't help but think that if the press releases prominently mentioned Pete's theory, and maybe a few of the more obviously wrong assumptions in CtC, it might have enough impact to save a few of the lost souls....How many topics at LH can Pete and the owls argue with that quote a story like that?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Roger Menner is appealing to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

Case no. 09-4221.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet