Pure Trust cases keep trickling in

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Pure Trust cases keep trickling in

Post by Demosthenes »

Moorpark Acorn
Community
January 30, 2009

Businessman convicted of tax evasion

Giancarlo Pertile, former owner and operator of Art Marble Design Inc. of Moorpark, was recently convicted in U.S. DistricCourt in Los Angeles of five counts of tax evasion for 1998 through 2002. According to court papersPertile submitted fraudulent corporate income tax returns for filing, falsely estimating his company's business income, and also filed individual income tax returns for the same years that falsely understated his taxable income.

Pertile paid approximately $1,200 in federal income taxes from 1998 to 2002 despite earning more than $850,000 from his company during this time. He deposited a large portion of the company's income into additional bank accounts that he hid from his bookkeeper, accountant and the IRS.

At the trial, Pertile argued that his company's business receipts were not taxable because the company was owned by a "pure trust." He also admitted that in 2001 and 2002, he placed his home in the name of a ministry to conceal his ownership of the property from the IRS.

He faces a maximum of 25 years in federal prison and fines totaling $500,000 when he is sentenced later this year.
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Pure Trust cases keep trickling in

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

I’m curious as to who he got the trusts from.
As far as I know the main player still at large is Brent Johnson.
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

AFTP wrote:I’m curious as to who he got the trusts from.
As far as I know the main player still at large is Brent Johnson.
The promoter would not have to be "still at large" given that this is for counts of tax evasion for 1998 through 2002.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato