Life after CTC?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Life after CTC?

Post by Imalawman »

Not that CTC was the biggest or baddest TP craze, but it was better known than some, where do the TPs flock next?

I was seeing a lot of Freedom Law School stuff floating around before I left the enforcement side. As Nikki suggested FLS might see an uptick in followers, but they aren't as free flowing with TP advice, they charge a pretty penny. That might limit their success. Also, they typically just try to attack the procedure aspects and not really the substantive law. Not very creative with crazy legal theories.

I am thinking that we might be on the verge of another major zany legal theory. Its about time for another guru to come along. So, I think we'll see a new guy come along rather than the TPs flock to another one.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Re: Life after CTC?

Post by Nikki »

More likely, there will be a rehashing, albeit slightly polished, of one of the previous theories.

861's been in the spotlight too recently to shine again.

Benson's invalid 16th amendment argument just got laid to rest.

Clarkson and Hanson are treading water until the axe falls.

Schiff and his theories are down for the long count.

However, we haven't heard from corporation soles in a while, claims of right are due for a resurgence, and contractual trusts have been dormant for a while.

I'm almost hoping that some TP guru is ceative to come up with a new theory, but they're not that smart.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:More likely, there will be a rehashing, albeit slightly polished, of one of the previous theories.

861's been in the spotlight too recently to shine again.

Benson's invalid 16th amendment argument just got laid to rest.

Clarkson and Hanson are treading water until the axe falls.

Schiff and his theories are down for the long count.

However, we haven't heard from corporation soles in a while, claims of right are due for a resurgence, and contractual trusts have been dormant for a while.

I'm almost hoping that some TP guru is ceative to come up with a new theory, but they're not that smart.
I predict the new hot thing is going to be Redemption.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

CaptainKickback wrote:You know, while the economy sucks green canal water, it may dampen the enthusiasm for "de-tax gurus" as most people are too busy trying to keep their jobs, keep their houses and keep putting food on the table. If you have all that to deal with, you may not have the time to glom onto some sort of scheme.

You may hate paying taxes, but when times are bad, that is not the best time to take a flying leap of faith - under the theory that why invite scrutiny and trouble when things are already shaky.

The economy may do more to kill tax deniers and their gurus than anything else.
On the other hand, personal economic crises may lead more lambs to the koolaid than would drink in good times.

If someone is about to lose a house, medical coverage, job, and so on, they might just be vulnerable enough to grasp at any straw.

This looks to be an excellent couple of years for mortgage scammers, debt eliminators, and tax evasion promoters.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:
Nikki wrote:Blah blah blah
I predict the new hot thing is going to be Redemption.
Never let it be said that I questioned the all-powerful one, but let me question you.

Redemption (and the associated UCC and Freeman-styled warrants) isn't particularly tax-related -- except in using wall-paper to pay the taxes -- is it?

If you're correct, I strongly hope that some of the ugliest aspects of the Redemption movement -- the anti-everything-but-my-kind supremacists -- don't see a resurgence along with it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:I predict the new hot thing is going to be Redemption.
Allodial title.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I predict the new hot thing is going to be Redemption.
Allodial title.
Example of an allodial title:

We, Elizabeth Boleyn-Tudor, make this Graunt unto our beloued Minister, Sir VValter Raleigh, who hath seruiced (blot that, copyist) serued Vs exceeding well, that he shall haue: ye Country of Virginia, which is named after Vs, the Virgin Queene. (I shall presently know who hath snickered, and to yr cost.) Sir VValter shall haue possession of ye Land and all of its Frvits-- excepting ye Pearls, We haue called Dibs to Infinitie (as aduised by Doctor Dee) on them. It shall be lawful for Sir VValter to make lessor Graunts or to sell parcels as he shall see fitte, and to secure his Possession in whatsoeuer way he shall deem necessary. But by God's Appendix haue a care not to kill ye Indians when ye priests are watching!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

It's about time for the contractual equity Pure Trust to make a comeback.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And those work so well......right up til they end up in court that is, and then there are the fees for setting them up and administering them that they can charge.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
verus2612

Post by verus2612 »

I doubt they will flock to contractual/pure trusts. The Aegis principals have been sentenced in the last 6 months and the 200 month sentences that were handed down should scare away the suckers. I'd look for a variation of the Freeman/Militia/Redemption crap to rear it's head with an income tax twist.

Alloidial title/land patents should be making a comeback, but these aren't tax protestor schemes. I'll let you know what happens on the "I don't owe my mortgage or property taxes because..." front as it will hit my desk long before most people will see it.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I'll take "Sovereign Citizenry" for 500 Quatloos, Alex.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:Redemption (and the associated UCC and Freeman-styled warrants) isn't particularly tax-related -- except in using wall-paper to pay the taxes -- is it?
It has indeed made the leap into tax cheating.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

An example of tax-related redemption processes (note the country where this is taking place):

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:59 AM
Subject: [RedemptionByMethod] Re: Recommend an E-Filer?

I'm from the UK and have prepared 2006 1099OID's. Whilst waiting for
the 2006 forms to be sent to me, I have been checking out the
electronic filing info.

From what I gather from the IRS website, a form 4419 has to be
submitted in order to request a TCC. This concerns me a little
because all I want to do is submit a 1099 each year. (Of course, I
already submit a tax return to the UK tax office). I understand that
a 1040NR has to be sent a couple of weeks' after the 1099, but, info
taken from Winston Shrout's dvd explains how to fill the 1040 in. I
do already have an EIN. Box 7 on the 4419 form states: "Form 1042-S,
Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding." Is this
another form that should be used as well as the 1040NR (non resident)
or instead of?

If anyone has any extra info they could pass on, or if there is
anything in particular I should be concerned about, I would be
grateful to hear from you.

Thank you.
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

This is disturbing because I thought the Brits were a little more on the ball than that.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:
Nikki wrote:Redemption (and the associated UCC and Freeman-styled warrants) isn't particularly tax-related -- except in using wall-paper to pay the taxes -- is it?
It has indeed made the leap into tax cheating.
Ah, it is so gratifying to watch each little sleazy, two-bit scam, as the scam begins to mature, to "grow and develop, and take a meaningful shape in today's complex society." [footnote]

Footnote: Apologies to Arlo Guthrie.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Yes. 1099-OID (which is redemption underneath).

That in combination with acceptance for value (in some form).

There's many forms of these redemption remedies that have been tried and found wanting, but the number of believers in some sort of commercial remedy continues to grow. Unfortunately.

Brush up on your redemption seminar 'cause, "Here it comes!" (I think.)
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Tax protesting? Offshore scams? Pfffft. With all this real-world financial turmoil, the new growth market for fringe financial hucksters is "Doomsday Prophet With 20-20 Hindsight." Peter Schiff, son of Irwin, is doing quite well in this racket, getting fawning writeups from old media.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I predict that the IRS will get hit with thousands of unexpected new Redemption filings this tax season. The dumb dumbs have figured out how to e-file using the "process" too.
Demo.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Demosthenes wrote:I predicth that the IRS will get hit with thousands of unexpected new Redemption filings this tax season. The dumb dumbs have figured out how to e-file using the "process" too.
Sometime back we discussed Sam Kennedy. First, is there any update on his activities? Second, is that the source of your prediction? And, third, is 1099-OID the preferred method?